Shoutbox

get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? (/showthread.php?tid=52249)

get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? by Flatulus on 10-26-2005 at 02:11 PM

Hello

When i invoke the function get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize( ), it returns MSGR_E_NOT_LOGGED_ON.

I guess that's normal... but how can i get the FriendlyName without being logged on?

Basically, what i want to do is append something to my name like "@ Work" automatically each time i connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Flat

RE: get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? by J-Thread on 10-26-2005 at 02:35 PM

Edit: Misread the question...

To get your name, you can use the MyFriendlyName property of the oMessenger object passed to Initialize...

RE: get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? by Dempsey on 10-26-2005 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Flatulus
Basically, what i want to do is append something to my name like "@ Work" automatically each time i connect.

Messenger Plus! can already do this, using the registry setting, 'NameOnSignin'.

More details can be found --> Help: Registry Tweaks

I'd recommend using Choli's Plus! Tweak also found on the same page unless you are confortable editing the registry.
RE: get_MyFriendlyName in Initialize not working? by Flatulus on 10-26-2005 at 02:38 PM

Ok thanks a lot guys!

I think i was looking to do this the hard way! ;)

Thanks again

-Flat