Shoutbox

Tabbed Convo and Slash Command - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Convo and Slash Command (/showthread.php?tid=52278)

Tabbed Convo and Slash Command by AceyUnLtd on 10-27-2005 at 01:01 AM

First my specs.

Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
MSN Messenger Version 7.0.0816
Messenger Plus! Version 3.61.145

Next the glitch.

I had grouped the 3 people I was chatting with into a tabbed window so I clear up the clutter of all the windows.

During the course of a conversation with the one I went to use the slash command that I had entered myself. Normally after hitting / the helper window appears but it did not. Also after I had typed the command and hit Enter it only sent want I had typed instead of what the command is for ( /ChocolateBar instead of what it should of sent).

Even after seperating the tabs into their own chat windows the slash / command still was not functioning. I had to completly close and exit Messenger, bring it back up and sign in for the slash commands to work again.

Since I enjoy using the tab feature when I'm chatting with 3 or more people is there any suggestions.

RE: Tabbed Convo and Slash Command by Grue on 10-27-2005 at 05:35 AM

Hmm thats odd, it works for me. I can talk with 3+ people and use commands.
I have MSN Messenger 7.5 and the same plus version.  I assume you have the "Enable Command Helper Window"  and the "allow use of commands and tags" options checked (Plus-> Prefs -> Message Helpers -> Commands and Keys) as it does work when you are talking with less then 3 people. Maybe it has something to do with you having Windows 2000, I am not sure.

RE: Tabbed Convo and Slash Command by deelo on 10-31-2005 at 05:36 AM

Hi folks,
I'm having the same problem with AceyUnLtd
And it also happens to the "(", which should display the emoticons panel. The commands still works, only the helper window didn't show up. Tried re-enabling the "Enable Command Helper Window" with no luck.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :D

My specs:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
MSN Messenger 7.5.0306
Messenger Plus! 3.61.145