Shoutbox

windows skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: windows skins (/showthread.php?tid=52286)

windows skins by Th3rmal on 10-27-2005 at 05:44 AM

i was wondering which is the best site for windows skins? eg. windows visual syle files

Thx in advance:)

RE: windows skins by Blair on 10-27-2005 at 05:56 AM

WinCustomize?

RE: windows skins by absorbation on 10-27-2005 at 09:57 AM

the uxtheme.dll patch :)

why? because it does not waste any extra process memory, it is totally free and changing themes is easy. Infact all it does is allowed custom themes to load like windows does ;)

RE: windows skins by Dan0208 on 10-27-2005 at 10:43 AM

He was talking about sites to download visual styles not how to apply them.

Try WinCustomize as Blair posted
as well as Themexp , DeviantArt, StudioTwentyEight , and the customising xp area in Neowin  always has great new releases.

Hope this helps :)

RE: windows skins by M73A on 10-27-2005 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
the uxtheme.dll patch :)

why? because it does not waste any extra process memory, it is totally free and changing themes is easy. Infact all it does is allowed custom themes to load like windows does ;)

i forgot how to install the themes for use with uxtheme.dll..... can someone refresh my memory please (A)
RE: windows skins by absorbation on 10-27-2005 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A

i forgot how to install the themes for use with uxtheme.dll..... can someone refresh my memory please

you extract them into c:// windows > resorces > themes i think :P then you select them in your apperance settings ;)
RE: windows skins by Dan0208 on 10-27-2005 at 11:00 AM

Once you know you have successfully patched and rebooted your computer you should be able to double click on your new msstyle theme and it will install the theme itself and open up the display properties window allowing you to play with that themes individual settings
For more information see my post here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51990