Shoutbox

msn spaces music - is it possable? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: msn spaces music - is it possable? (/showthread.php?tid=52287)

msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:41 AM

well the name pretty much explains lol - i have a MSNSPACE and am just wondering if it is possable to play music tracks on there whilst people browse the pages?

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Discrate on 10-27-2005 at 06:42 AM

i dont think so mayby if you wright to msn they might add it in but that is a pretty good idea

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:43 AM

dam :( ok thanks

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Discrate on 10-27-2005 at 06:47 AM

yer but it is a really good idea i migth wright to msn my self :)

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:48 AM

I have just contacted them to see if it is possable - if not i will email it as a suggestion - thanks for the tip :)

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Discrate on 10-27-2005 at 06:51 AM

yer cuase msn will always listen to your ideas i sent in 30 ideas for the next release of msn last year and they past it on to the tech team and bits of my ideas where used like i said how about showing what music your playing and i sent that in and now look but it will only show what music your listning to if your using windows media player which is kind of stupid. But i think you have some great ideas you should tell them :)

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:55 AM

thast cool - i do use the now playing feature but i can agree that only being compatible with windows media pkayer is sad :( lol
but thanks again and il see if it is possable and then if not il leave it as a suggestion - and then reply in this forum saying what they tell me :)
spk soon!

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Discrate on 10-27-2005 at 06:57 AM

ok kool thanks it usually takes them about 5 hours to reply to you depends on how busy they are it might be less

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:58 AM

klass! means il be able to let ya know later today! :)

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by J.J on 10-27-2005 at 07:34 AM

It IS possible, please see: [tutorial] Adding Music To Your Msn Space!

Joelm: it's nice to know you're trying to help, but please if you're not completely sure about things, DONT post.

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 07:42 AM

thanks for the link - i have read it and am stil lconmfused - pls help me a bit better { yes i am thick! lol } thanks !!!

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Dan0208 on 10-27-2005 at 07:46 AM

I recommend having a look at this site. There are many others but this one seems helpful too. funnily enough its an msnspace as well...
http://spaces.msn.com/members/d3vmax/Blog/cns!1pG...UMkJf4A!4553.entry

RE: RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Discrate on 10-27-2005 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
It IS possible, please see: [tutorial] Adding Music To Your Msn Space!

Joelm: it's nice to know you're trying to help, but please if you're not completely sure about things, DONT post.

i thought i did know bout now i know there is a way
RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by DJKAL on 10-28-2005 at 04:49 PM

i have done it :) {i am proud lol}
ive added music to my msn space and it isnt hard atall :)
thanks for all your help!

RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Carbinedevil on 10-30-2005 at 04:12 AM

My cousin did it :$:$:$

I cant, even following the tutorial :$:$:$

RE: RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Salem on 10-31-2005 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
thast cool - i do use the now playing feature but i can agree that only being compatible with windows media pkayer is sad :( lol
but thanks again and il see if it is possable and then if not il leave it as a suggestion - and then reply in this forum saying what they tell me :)
spk soon!

This is incorrect. The "What I Am Listening To" feature in MSN Messenger also works with Apple iTunes as well. They also hope to support other players soon
RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Millenium_edition on 10-31-2005 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
This is incorrect. The "What I Am Listening To" feature in MSN Messenger is works with Apple iTunes as well. They also hope to support toher players soon
the feature is accessible with every player that supports it. yes, the player has to support it, not msn messenger. every player can be built to work with the nowplaying feature. winamp, for example, has a few plugins which can do that.
RE: RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Salem on 10-31-2005 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_editionthe feature is accessible with every player that supports it. yes, the player has to support it, not msn messenger. every player can be built to work with the nowplaying feature. winamp, for example, has a few plugins which can do that.

Out of interest, what would aplayer need to support this feature. Is it documented anywhere online?
RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Millenium_edition on 10-31-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Out of interest, what would aplayer need to support this feature. Is it documented anywhere online?
example:
http://www.pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=61058&lngWId=1
i haven't checked the code, but this should do it.
RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by CookieRevised on 11-01-2005 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
example:
a plugin must simply send a specific string to msn mesenger using the SendMessage API, that's all, nothing more...

All the mumbo jumbo shown in that code is redundant... The only thing you need is shown in the SetMusicInfo procedure in Module1.bas of that code...

Also see:
http://www.msnfanatic.com/articles/msn-messenger-...ying-song-376.html
RE: RE: msn spaces music - is it possable? by Salem on 11-01-2005 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
example:
a plugin must simply send a specific string to msn mesenger using the SendMessage API, that's all, nothing more...

All the mumbo jumbo shown in that code is redundant... The only thing you need is shown in the SetMusicInfo procedure in Module1.bas of that code...

Also see:
http://www.msnfanatic.com/articles/msn-messenger-...ying-song-376.html

Thanks for the links guys, looking at them now

EDIT: CookieRevised, i have had a look at your the thread on MSNFanatic. I have tried the VB code, however it does not add the song info from my application into the MSN Messenger PSM. I assum you need to change some code for the specific application.

I changed the following code
code:
SendSong("Title","Artist","Album")
to
code:
SendSong(SongTitle,"","")

SongTitle is a variable i have within my application which store the Title of the song being played. I also left the Artist & Albumm black, as i just want the song title (just while i was testing it, once it works i will add the artist and album info)

However my changed code does not add the content of the SongTitle variable to the PSM. I also left the code as you gave it, but even then it does not add "Title" as the song title as i would expect. Is my understanding of this wrong?

(Apologies for posting about this problem in this thread and not creating a new one)

Please can you help
Salem