Shoutbox

Boss Protection works, but won't restore - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Boss Protection works, but won't restore (/showthread.php?tid=52301)

Boss Protection works, but won't restore by UriahsWizard on 10-27-2005 at 03:59 PM

I've just started using Plus and have had the following problem when trying to use Boss Protection. When I activate it (using default shortcut), it works, but when I attempt to restore my Messenger screen, nothing happens. I'm assuming it should restore using the same default shortcut, but as I said, it doesn't. The default icon appears in my system tray, but that doesn't allow me access back to my chats either. The ONLY option I've had so far, is to reboot and log back in to Messenger, which is a real pain.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I DID try doing a search on this topic, but couldn't find anything close to this particular problem. Also, as I said, I've only just started using Plus, and I haven't added any plug-ins either.

Any constructive help with this would be appreciated.

MSN Messenger 7.0.0816
Messenger Plus 3.61.145
O/S Windows ME

cheers
Scott

RE: Boss Protection works, but won't restore by kierant on 10-27-2005 at 04:04 PM

I don't actually use Boss Protection so am not wholly sure what the correct procedure is to come away from it.

However, I suspect that by double clicking the disguised icon may restore Messnger back to normal.

Also, if you check in Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous it allows you to specify a special shortcut to release yourself from Boss Protection. Try that out and let us know how you get on.(Y)

RE: Boss Protection works, but won't restore by MeEtc on 10-27-2005 at 04:06 PM

You have to double-click the icon on the task bar to restore it

RE: Boss Protection works, but won't restore by UriahsWizard on 10-27-2005 at 04:27 PM

Thanks guys.(Y) I'll try that and let you know.