Shoutbox

nickname help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: nickname help (/showthread.php?tid=52308)

nickname help by Jay-FB on 10-27-2005 at 05:42 PM

I can't put colors on my nickname although I followed the steps..The messenger says after I press the last CTRL+K  buttons "This step is not defined." please help!

RE: nickname help by matty on 10-27-2005 at 06:13 PM

1. Open a conversation window
2. Type "/nick " (you need to include a space after typing /nick.
3. Press CTRL+K and select a colour.
4. Type the text you want.
  4.1 Repeat step 3 and 4 if needed.
5. Press Enter.

RE: nickname help by Plik on 10-27-2005 at 06:17 PM

Also you make sure you have ticked the "Enable IRC style shortcuts" under Message Helpers -> Commands and keys

RE: nickname help by Jay-FB on 10-27-2005 at 06:25 PM

ok thanks, but now I can't make my nickname bold. my nick is 2 words and only I could bold the first word..*-)

RE: nickname help by MeEtc on 10-27-2005 at 06:31 PM

ctrl-B to open, and again to close

RE: nickname help by CookieRevised on 10-27-2005 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jay-FB
ok thanks, but now I can't make my nickname bold. my nick is 2 words and only I could bold the first word..*-)
Shortcuts exist for "bold", "italic", "color" etc... they all work the same way as described by Matty. But instead of CTRL-K (for color), you use CTRL+B (for bold) [*]...

Also see the official help pages and official tutorials which clearly describe the various methods to format text and/or your nick name.

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors

PS: formatting your nick name works exactly the same as formatting text, and vice versa....

[*] As Madman already said, CTRL+K, CTRL+B, CTRL+I, etc. are called "IRC style shorcuts". These must be enabled in the preferences if you want to use them (Plus! > Preferences > Message Helpers > Commands & Keys > Enable multi-format IRC style shorcuts). If they aren't enabled there are also other methods to format your text or nick though (see the official help pages and tutorials listed above).