Shoutbox

Could not locate remote server - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Could not locate remote server (/showthread.php?tid=52329)

Could not locate remote server by Y2Pdogg on 10-28-2005 at 01:21 AM

I can connect to the internet, BUT I can't sign on to MSN Messenger or any messenger for that matter, also none of my internet browsers work (Firefox, IE, and Opera). All I get is the error messege "Could Not Locate Remote Server" Also, MSN Messenger won't connect and has errors for "DNS" and "key ports".
What's the possible problem? HELP! Please!

Thanks in Advance.

btw, I already checked the firewall and it's not a firewall problem

RE: Could not locate remote server by kierant on 10-28-2005 at 01:26 AM

Have you tried the 'repair' option in the connection troubleshooter?

RE: Could not locate remote server by Y2Pdogg on 10-28-2005 at 01:35 AM

Yes Yes Yes

RE: Could not locate remote server by Jimcando on 10-28-2005 at 01:38 AM

If you have AOL, you will need to sign onto AOL before you can log onto MSN Messenger or browse the internet.
If you don't have AOL, you are clever, and I don't know what else to say.

RE: Could not locate remote server by Y2Pdogg on 10-28-2005 at 02:10 AM

OK...LOOK  its not aol...no matter wut happens  it still says "CANNOT LOCATE REMOTE SERVER.."  i cant sign into any messengers (aol,yahoo,or msn) or browse the net... i even deleted aol so its not on my computer any more... still nothing... the internet dials up but still u cant do nothing.... so i ran avg and c cleaner and my spybot...my computer is clean...restarted it...and nothin.....

RE: Could not locate remote server by Val on 10-28-2005 at 02:43 AM

hmm... maybe your intrent service provider (ISP) they may have some technical difficutys. Trying calling them up see what they say. Also try to re-set your modem (if you use cable) and if that dosent work then (if you have a router) try to directly connect the internet to the computer and if that still dosent work then check the wires, who knows......

RE: Could not locate remote server by Y2Pdogg on 10-28-2005 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
Yes Yes Yes
quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
OK...LOOK  its not aol...no matter wut happens  it still says "CANNOT LOCATE REMOTE SERVER.."  i cant sign into any messengers (aol,yahoo,or msn) or browse the net... i even deleted aol so its not on my computer any more... still nothing... the internet dials up but still u cant do nothing.... so i ran avg and c cleaner and my spybot...my computer is clean...restarted it...and nothin.....

Just so you know, the above two quoted post were not made by me but by a friend. I didn't think he would type and act like that...Anyway, after much fooling around, I did the obvious and deleted the connection and remade it which caused it to start working again. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time, I should have known to do that from the very beginning  :S
RE: Could not locate remote server by Jimcando on 10-28-2005 at 05:54 PM

(Y) glad to know you got it working again.

:dodgy: kill your friend.