Shoutbox

Ipod nanos grrrrr - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ipod nanos grrrrr (/showthread.php?tid=52337)

Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 07:29 AM

two days ago i brought a new ipod nano when i brought it home it didnt work so i took it back and they gave me another one then yesterday i tryed it and it didnt work this was starting to annoy me so i went back today and then guy said to me sorry we can not refund you becuase we have allready replaced it for you and i said that these ipods you have been giving me are dogey and hes like im sorry we cant refund you so i have lost 260 dollars and i am so angry can they do this? oh and by the way i brought it from Kmart.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by DJKAL on 10-28-2005 at 07:35 AM

i dont think any1 has the right to do that - my mat ebought a realy high class mp3 player - changed it 4 times then demanded his money back, with no problems - different shop i know but the principles are the same - i think you are in the right and are able to claim your money back legally.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by -dt- on 10-28-2005 at 07:37 AM

:-/ and.....

what was wrong with them , didnt turn on when you charged it , didnt play songs etc?

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 07:42 AM

it didnt do anything! i couldnt turn it on but then when i did the screen was alll fuzzy and  other stuff.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Weyzza on 10-28-2005 at 09:12 AM

Ermmm....
We can check if a gadget works well before we buy it, can't we?

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by user27089 on 10-28-2005 at 10:57 AM

Legally, they can't do this, by law, if they sell you an item that is fawlty, they have to replace it or refund it.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by absorbation on 10-28-2005 at 11:00 AM

Yeh by law they have to replace it, any if they do not follow this certain unions make the company do so.

But in england we moan and call watchdog :P

RE: RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Yeh by law they have to replace it, any if they do not follow this certain unions make the company do so.

But in england we moan and call watchdog :P

same in australia lol
RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by evil_panda on 10-28-2005 at 04:04 PM

Lol, theres been a problam with the nanos with the screens etc there was a link i was in a mag something on the offical ipod website should tell you what to do but they are sending new ones to people with broken screens only they say they dont know how long it will take them but not too long i would have thought.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by albert on 10-28-2005 at 04:31 PM

Sadly, as much publicity as the nano has been getting, apple is having huge problems with them.. hardware malfunctionning is one, and scracthing is another.. check this site out : http://www.nanoscratch.com

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by wj on 10-28-2005 at 04:42 PM

The scratching has been happening to iPods of all sizes for a long time.

Just go into the store and start making a scene. Yell, Scream, Make him plead for his mommy.

beyond that the nanos are nice, i would just aim for a new working one and test it before you leave the store.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by guanako on 10-28-2005 at 04:49 PM

i would just get my money back and go buy it somewhere else. go to another place, like bestbuy or something... a place where u think they are more relyable

RE: RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
The scratching has been happening to iPods of all sizes for a long time.

Just go into the store and start making a scene. Yell, Scream, Make him plead for his mommy.

beyond that the nanos are nice, i would just aim for a new working one and test it before you leave the store.

aha lol ill go get a chain and chain my self to the door of Kmart lol
RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by dylan! on 10-28-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
take pictures:D:P
RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 08:07 PM

lol i will and ill also go on a food strike i doubt they would care ill prob will die and they wouldnt care lol

Back on topic: i have been wrighting e-mails to them for the past hour nearl every 15 minutes still i have not got a reply

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by dylan! on 10-28-2005 at 08:12 PM

how about going when someone differet is working?

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-28-2005 at 08:12 PM

hmmm thats a good idea ill do that today thanks :)

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Facta on 10-28-2005 at 09:31 PM

YOu should investigate before buying.
I was going to buy one but declined after a quick google search saying  most of them are dodgy.

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Val on 10-28-2005 at 09:42 PM

Well my friend spand his in half :P like 5 mins out the door> And i had another friend whole broke his PSP in half :P Really we take all this for granted, what did people 100 years back do? They went outside.
:refuck:

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Jhrono on 10-28-2005 at 09:56 PM

Odd, i thought on buying a nano but i was suspicious 'cause i dont like to buy stuff right after they come out..

* Jhrono is glad that he bought a mini :D

Though my mini is loosing a bit of it's color on the sides..but on the box it says

"Just like a pair of jeans, the ipod mini looses its color after sometime" lol!

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Pinchichuv on 10-28-2005 at 10:17 PM

If you still have the ticket they have to give you a new one or refund youre money, 'cause if you dont have you, youre gonna recibe store credit or something like that.

Kmart sucks

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by kittymew on 10-28-2005 at 10:50 PM

K-mart return policy

"If the product has been used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions but is faulty, unfit for purpose or does not match the sample or description please return the product to us with your receipt.

We may send the product to the manufacturer's service agent for assessment. Where the product is determined faulty or unfit for purpose we will provide you with a refund or exchange voucher.

Please return products with instruction manuals and all accessories where applicable."

so they will rplace/refund/ or offer equal amount in gift voucher..just depends on their circumstances..

any problems..print this document out below..and take it with your receipt to the "manager on duty"...
http://www.kmart.com.au/about_kmart/refund_policy/default.htm

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-29-2005 at 02:12 AM

i went back today and they still wouldnt refund me what should i do?

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by dylan! on 10-29-2005 at 02:15 AM

quote:

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-29-2005 at 02:17 AM

lol im going back once more and if i dont get it replaced iv got two choices

1. take them to court
2. chain my self to the door to i get my ipod

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Nathan on 10-29-2005 at 02:18 AM

Number 2 :P

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by dylan! on 10-29-2005 at 02:20 AM

print out their policy thing and show them what it says and keep complaining and ask why they arent following their policy and threaten to take them to court

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-29-2005 at 02:21 AM

yep i agree lol

RE: RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by kittymew on 10-29-2005 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
K-mart return policy

"If the product has been used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions but is faulty, unfit for purpose or does not match the sample or description please return the product to us with your receipt.

We may send the product to the manufacturer's service agent for assessment. Where the product is determined faulty or unfit for purpose we will provide you with a refund or exchange voucher.

Please return products with instruction manuals and all accessories where applicable."

so they will rplace/refund/ or offer equal amount in gift voucher..just depends on their circumstances..

any problems..print this document out below..and take it with your receipt to the "manager on duty"...
http://www.kmart.com.au/about_kmart/refund_policy/default.htm

Joelm..-pointsup-...and this is for "australian K-marts..and is their current policy~!:)
RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-29-2005 at 02:52 AM

thank you everyone for all your help :)

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Hank on 10-29-2005 at 03:30 AM

quote:
hmmm thats a good idea ill do that today thanks :)

if they dont refund it joelm, i gather ur in australia?.. go to the Small Claims Tribunal, they'll force kmart to refund the money
RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by guanako on 10-29-2005 at 04:42 PM

jclm is there something you havent tell us about it? they cant just deny it....they  must have a reason

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Discrate on 10-30-2005 at 09:19 AM

nup theres nothing im not telling you

RE: Ipod nanos grrrrr by Fourjays on 10-30-2005 at 11:01 AM

Or you could join the long line of people filling this class action suit against Apple for the IPod Nanos faults. :p

Best of luck with getting your money back.