Shoutbox

Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 (/showthread.php?tid=52394)

Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Tobiaz on 10-29-2005 at 04:05 PM

New version available (2.00.050 RC1):

New features

1. Now you can also count up from a past time
   2. You can create/delete as many "predefined" tags as you like
   3. "year", "month" and "week" tags added
   4. Ability to change the update interval (from 15 secs to 24 hours)
   5. 4 ways of calculating the difference between dates (although this is not recommended to change!!! Leave it at the default way, see the help dialog for more info and also here)

Note

Because of the newly added week tag (ww) I have changed the prefix for the associated word tags from "w" to "%". So the associated words tags are now (%y), (%m), (%w), (%d), (%h), (%n) and (%s).

To install

1. Unzip the attachment
   2. Put both unzipped files into the Messenger Plus! plugins folder
   3. Run HolidayCounterInstall.bat

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by absorbation on 10-29-2005 at 04:11 PM

Nice work (y)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39855 is another thing that does it, and it was never finshed. Give this plugin a nice gui and langauge compatible and you will get alot of downloads :)

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by Tobiaz on 10-29-2005 at 04:46 PM

You mean I should write my Plugin in English?
I wanted to do this... But I thougt that it never works on an other machine... ;)

But when you say. I will do it soon :D

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by guanako on 10-29-2005 at 04:51 PM

i've been looking for somethig like this :( but i dont know German, like absorbation said enlgish will get u alot of download (Y)
* guanako ready to translate spanish :P (once in english dho:P)

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by (CyBeRDuDe) on 10-29-2005 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i've been looking for somethig like this :( but i dont know German, like absorbation said enlgish will get u alot of download (Y)
* guanako ready to translate spanish :P (once in english dho:P)
Try looking at the link Absorbsation gave you.. :)
It works perfect... :P..
Though it's still in "Beta" but there won't be any more progress on that plugin.. But it still works as it is now.. :)
Anyways..
Nice Tobias.. I see you got your thing working.. :)
I'll try it out later tonight.. give you some respons.. Though i'm not good at German, but I know a litle bit... :)
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by John Anderton on 10-29-2005 at 06:05 PM

Just make an english version and ill download it :)

(Y) And you could add a few more features i guess .... but the basic version is quite good too :)

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by J-Thread on 10-29-2005 at 08:19 PM

I'll try it tomorrow, I do speak a little german so I think I must be able to handle the plugin properly...

HolidayCounter V.0.01.20 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-29-2005 at 08:45 PM

Soooooooo, here's the english version!
I translated it by myself, so if there are any non-english words or sentences, please wirte me a PM or E-mail ;)

Thank you

HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version

So... the Server Error is Away... :D You can download it above... :p

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by Weyzza on 10-29-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tobiaz
HolidayCounter V.0.01.20 BETA English Version
Cannot find server for now...

If the zip is small, why don't you just upload it to the forums? :wink:
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by Mentality on 10-29-2005 at 10:31 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HolidayCounter V.0.01.20 BETA English Version
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same, sounds really good though, I'll keep an eye out for when the server is working again.

Good Work!!!

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by kittymew on 10-30-2005 at 05:02 AM

:(..I'll be keeping an eye out for it too..(the english version(Y))..cant wait till page is up!..cuz i cant get that link to work:(

Dankeschon~!

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.16 BETA by matty on 10-30-2005 at 06:07 AM

http://home.pages.at/tk-software/Downloads/hc/setup.zip

Is the download.

It is still very buggy crashed as soon as I ran it...

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.20 BETA English Version Released by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 07:23 AM

Hi. I'm really sorry. The Server has en Error.
Now, I will upload here...

Greeeeeez

Caution: There are a Bug found. Please don't download it, before there are fixed... :(
I need some help... look at the last thread!

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Weyzza on 10-30-2005 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Today I could not load the "Cofigure.." form. If you can't do too, please tell me. Maybe that's a bug... :S:'(
Confirmed...

It couldn't be opened after cancel button failed to close the window, and I closed the window by clicking on X.

I couldn't see any changes to the preview section either.
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 08:35 AM

Maybe after restart MSN Messenger. On my computer's running after a restart...

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Mentality on 10-30-2005 at 09:22 AM

I'll try it now!!!

[UPDATE]

I've had three errors already

error one - [updated not an error]
error two -  came after first run
error three -  was running a command (/xnamevb)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=558317]

and the samples are still in german even when english is selected.

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 09:41 AM

Thank you for this report...
The one on the right isn't an error. You only have to set a Date and text for the countdown... but the other... when did it came?
What did you do, before it appeared!?

=> the thing with the samples is fixed. They are in English now.

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Mentality on 10-30-2005 at 09:44 AM

quote:
What did you do, before it appeared!?

thanx for fixing the samples, the other error appeared immediatly after the first, i hadnt actually signed into messenger at the time i was accessing my prefernces for msg plus. [I have also updated my above post]

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
error three -  was running a command (/xnamevb)
after checking all commands, this error is actually coming after all of them.

quote:
Originally posted by FORUM
This post was edited Today at 10:50 am by Mentality.
was actually 9.50am, clocks went back last night!!!
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 09:52 AM

Maybe Holidaycounter changed your nickname, before you was online. But I thought, that this is impossible. If your are offline, the nickname Sub shoudn't be run... :S

@ Someone who have more notion then I:
Could this be the Error? Is there a sub in the API to check my Online / Offline status? I didn't find something like this... :(

Greeeeeez

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Mentality on 10-30-2005 at 09:55 AM

Unlucky, I don't know the answer to that either, but if it helps my nickname was never actually changed, it stayed the same.

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 09:58 AM

Oh... ok. Then the Error is anywhere before the nickname will be changed... hm...

I will try to find it! Please have a little bit patience. I will post if the Bugs are fixed!

Thank for helping Mentality!

Greeeeez

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Mentality on 10-30-2005 at 10:00 AM

No problem Tobiaz, we can enjoy it when its done. I will keep an eye out.

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 10:16 AM

That's really strange... MSN Hooks up, even when the nickname shoud be changed.

I change the nickname with this Code:

code:
strNewUserName = GetSetting("HolidayCounter", "Nickname", "Nickname") & " " & Timestring
blnNameChange = SetNewName(strNewUserName)

now. If I replace the
code:
blnNameChange = SetNewName(strNewUserName)
with
code:
msgbox strNewUserName
the MsgBox appears and MSN doesn't hook up.

So, I don't think so, but could it be that I produce an error with this SetNewName sub?

Greeeeez

@Mentality: :D hehe, the Question wasn't only for you ;)
@all: If someone knows the answer, please Post!

RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by Mentality on 10-30-2005 at 10:23 AM

erm ???, im just testing, i dnt knw coding, sorry lol

quote:
@Mentality:  hehe, the Question wasn't only for you
I know :P
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.21 BETA English Version by matty on 10-30-2005 at 04:03 PM

quote:
@all: If someone knows the answer, please Post!

Simply try using
code:
SetNewName strNewUserName

If you want to you can send me the source code and I will see if there are any problems anywhere in the program for you.

quote:

@ Someone who have more notion then I:
Could this be the Error? Is there a sub in the API to check my Online / Offline status? I didn't find something like this...

Nickname changes can happen even if you are Appear Offline. Simply put Plus! will ignore it if the user isn't logged in.
RE: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version by Tobiaz on 10-30-2005 at 05:07 PM

Woooooow! Thank you Matty! Thank you very, very much!
That simple thing was the error. So, I hope there are no more Errors!
(If there are, please write me a PM or E-Mail ;))

Here you can download the lates Version:

HolidayCounter 0.01.33 BETA English Version

Special thanks to Matty and Mentality for helping! (h5)(h5)(h5)

Of course, you can download here too:

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version :P by kittymew on 10-30-2005 at 10:15 PM

I cant get it to load :(into my Messenger Plus!.waits for someone to online to help me!~

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version :P by Mentality on 10-31-2005 at 09:46 AM

Just a few :S

[Image: attachment.php?pid=558773]
Just Done A Night Shift I'm Going To Bed, I'll Check back Later

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 10-31-2005 at 10:59 AM

Hm... thank you very much Mentality... lets see the errors:

New Error 1
This is the automatical Errormessagewriter 8-|
Everytime, when an Error appears HC makes an Errormessage...
So... Error 1 isn't very tragically ;)

New Error 2
Hm... I have no idea what this could mean. But I'm sure, I will fix it for the next Update...

Edit string Error
So in the "Expenditure" Textbox you needn't write!
If you Edit the "Active String" the "Expenditure" will fill out automaticly!

In the "Expenditure" textbox you only can see your Format of the Countdown...

To the "Standart..."-Button. I thought in English it's "Standart..." tooo :D
I'm sorry... it will be fixed...

==============================================================================
So... I will fix this Bugs now. I think, I have to write the name of "Menatlity" into the "About..." Form. :D So, thank you again!

greeeeez

Edit: I've got a Question: Does the programm goes on if the error in the "Edit String"-Form appears? And is there some text in the "Expenditure" Textbox after the Error? Thank you...

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version :P by Mentality on 10-31-2005 at 01:49 PM

Grr comp won't let me do quick quote, I think I gone jinxed myself and got me a virus of somesort because my coputer is just not happy today, I can't get media player to work, and I crash out when I run virus scans and god knows what else, NOT GOOD.

No never any txt in the expenditure, and the edit string appears after error number 1 is acknowlegded around 4-5 times, it just comes up after it really!. WEIRD

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.33 BETA English Version :P by riahc4 on 11-01-2005 at 08:33 AM

hmm gives me some error in german. Then when I click on OK It keeps popping up every 2 seconds or so. So Ive just disabled the plugin entirely.

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-01-2005 at 09:06 AM

Hi at all...
I'm really sorry, I couldn't fix this "Type mismatch" bug. Some "Experts" in a Forum told me, that this is becouse the Source is from Switzerland and you start it in America (or Spain, Italia, or whatever...)

So, they told me too, that I shoud upload the SourceCode. Then, if you Compile the DLL by yourself, it should go... they said...

Now I uploaded the SourceCode and you can download it on my HomePage

Change to the English part of the page and go to "HolidayCounter" theres the Download link.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me!

Greeeeeeeez

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by riahc4 on 11-01-2005 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Hi at all...
I'm really sorry, I couldn't fix this "Type mismatch" bug. Some "Experts" in a Forum told me, that this is becouse the Source is from Switzerland and you start it in America (or Spain, Italia, or whatever...)

So, they told me too, that I shoud upload the SourceCode. Then, if you Compile the DLL by yourself, it should go... they said...

Now I uploaded the SourceCode and you can download it on my HomePage

Change to the English part of the page and go to "HolidayCounter" theres the Download link.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me!

Greeeeeeeez
Well thanks for making it open source. Another thing you should update the first post with the direct latest german and english version link. That way we dont have to look thru the WHOLE thread.
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Mentality on 11-03-2005 at 09:46 AM

quote:
HolidayCounter is completely free! Everything you need is a MSN Messenger and an extension for it: MSN Plus!

Got this off your website, its Messenger Plus or Msgplus not MSN Plus, Just letting you know.(Y)

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-03-2005 at 04:36 PM

I'm sorry for this mistake...
I will change it soon as possible...

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 07:09 PM

oh dont worrie you are gonna have to change it soon again :P

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Mentality on 11-09-2005 at 10:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
oh dont worrie you are gonna have to change it soon again
Why? :s

RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 11-09-2005 at 02:57 PM

quote:
tbh, that is most likely BS...

A type mismatch error happens when text data is entered in a numeric field. Or when the input type isn't the same as the type of the variable you assign it to. This doesn't have anything todo with languages....

quote:
O.O

quote:
Now I uploaded the SourceCode
I'll take a looksy...
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-09-2005 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I'll take a looksy...

Oh :D Thank you...
They said this to me, so I thougt they're right... But when you say, that this is not the problem... :S
On the Computers of all my Friends HC runs without bugs...
Only in other countrys this Type mismatch bug appears...

Greeeez

P.S.: Are there any other bugs found?
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 11-09-2005 at 06:52 PM

I found strange stuff like:

code:
Minuten = DateDiff("n", Datum1, Datum2)
Minuten = Minuten - Minuten - Minuten

And when I'm running the plugin I got all sorts of errors (even an MSN Messenger crash). Not to mention, it simply doesn't work. even the configure doesn't work. :(

I'm currently revising the plugin (can take a while though (days) as I currently don't have many hours per day to work on this, this week) ;)
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-09-2005 at 07:04 PM

quote:
What's on this strange!? :D
It changes "-1" to "+1"... maybe there's another way, but i think it works :P (or not how we can see...)

Thank you for revising!

Greeeez
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 11-09-2005 at 09:15 PM

Basic maths: "Minuten - Minuten" will always be 0, so leave it away...

code:
=>
code:
Minuten = 0 - Minuten
=>
code:
Minuten = -Minuten
=>
code:
Minuten = -DateDiff("n", Datum1, Datum2)
=>
code:
Minuten = DateDiff("n", Datum2, Datum1)

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-10-2005 at 11:50 AM

Oh :S
I think, this would be the easyest way
:D

quote:
Minuten = DateDiff("n", Datum2, Datum1

It really a litte bit complicated, what I made there...

Thank you

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 11-18-2005 at 01:25 AM

Had a free time this week and have been editing your source and fixing the errors... In the process of doing that, I've added lots of things and changed lots of things (never can't help myself :p)...

It still can be improved/optimized and there are some minor things left to do and to fix (the email link does not work and the error report sending isn't working because there isn't a valid ftp hard coded yet)... But the big overall picture is there (and it is working perfectly as-is).

Here is the plugin as I currently have it (source will be send to Tobiaz later on, I currently need to get some sleep).

1) Unzip the attachment
2) Put both files into the Messenger Plus! plugins folder
3) Run HolidayCounterInstall.bat

-------------------

UPDATE:
For latest version see:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=614124#pid614124

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.0.01.34 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-18-2005 at 08:02 AM

Wooooooooooooooow :|:|:|:|
unbelievably!

You have a super plugin from mine shit plugin made!
:D Great Work CookieRevised!

Thank you very, very much.

Greeeeez

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by STA1661 on 11-18-2005 at 10:50 AM

Great work CookieRevised. I had a few friends ask whether it was me or a program changing my nick![Image: banana_cool.gif]

But Tobiaz also needs to be thanked as he originally tried to get the program working!

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by Mentality on 11-18-2005 at 11:01 AM

AT LAST, Well done the both of you!!! Thanx Guys

I like the audio effect to, very, VERY good work, this is most impressive.

Now theres a countDOWN timer, what about a countUP timer, for instance,

I have not smoked for (how many days)(how many months)(and if they get that far, how many years)

or for what ever event it may be used for.

:P

RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 11-18-2005 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Great work CookieRevised. I had a few friends ask whether it was me or a program changing my nick![Image: banana_cool.gif]

But Tobiaz also needs to be thanked as he originally tried to get the program working!
Thanks... but it is still Tobiaz' plugin though (I kept as much as possible routines from him), only beefed up a bit :D

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Now theres a countDOWN timer, what about a countUP timer, for instance,
Yeah, and there are also other things which can be added though. eg: nickname restoring if countdown is ended, etc ...

And with all that stuff added, there needs to be a better GUI, which makes also other options possible/needed, eg: when date/time is reached: counter keeps counting but negative, counter keeps counting but the tag is changed, counter is disabled, counter is ignore, etc... etc...

As for more options: A way to store/delete/retrieve your pre-made tags;  reading the tag from a textfile in random or sequencial order on a given interval (thus using it as a plain nickname changer);  doing this on fixed times;  auto-activating and auto-disabling the countdown/countup on fixed dates/times or when a certain status is set;  etc... etc...

But all that requires another approach to the GUI, which I wouldn't wanted to change too much from the original, that's for Tobiaz ;)

But if the GUI is made in a smart way, all those seemingly complicated things will almost be automatically and easy to implement...

To give another small idea of what can be added in concern to more possebilities with the tags: CookieRevised's reply to Request for new plug-in
(hence that I always suggest to use the official tags for date and time tags as used internationally by Windows itself and not the ones most plugins now use because they "seem" logically. It seems logically, but infact restricts or complicates the further/future develpment of such plugins. And thus the reason why I changed the  tag (m) for "minutes" to the correct standarized tag (n))

Anyways, when I have a bit more time this weekend, I'll comment the source and send it to Tobiaz so he can work further on this...

;)
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by J-Thread on 11-18-2005 at 06:41 PM

That really sounds like the plugin I had in mind for the Nickchange Plugin + Countdown in Nickname plugins together...

But well, at least this plugin is working, and my plugin will take a lot of time before you can even use it...

But if you want a plain nickname changer you can already use NickChange Plugin(Y)

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 11-18-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Anyways, when I have a bit more time this weekend, I'll comment the source and send it to Tobiaz so he can work further on this...

Yes, thank you man. It would be very nice ;)
Then, what's still missing is a German-Edition for my Page and my Freinds!
If I have the SourceCode I will translate it and maybe I add some functions, like you wrote!

Thank you again for your great work!

Greeeeeez

Edit:
quote:
... and the error report sending isn't working because there isn't a valid ftp hard coded yet ...

If you send me the SourceCode, I will fix it. In the older version I had my FTP-Login-Data in it. But I uploaded the Code to my Page and removed this part of the code, because i don't want that everyone knows my Pswd :D

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by onetouchspark on 01-02-2006 at 12:04 PM

is it possible to count from a date with this plug in? :$

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 01-02-2006 at 01:54 PM

soon it will, I'm currently adding stuff which makes that possible (and more).

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by onetouchspark on 01-02-2006 at 05:08 PM

quote:
soon it will, I'm currently adding stuff which makes that possible (and more).
oh cool thanks! It's a really great counter :P
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by taz030485 on 01-05-2006 at 11:42 PM

How often does it update the name? Because I only want to use days in my counter and I don't want it changing my name every hour or whatever for no reason.

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by Tobiaz on 01-06-2006 at 05:16 PM

I think the update interval is 6 seconds!

If you only want to use Days then you can use a tag like this:

Only ( d ) (wd) to my birthday! :o)(^) -> ( d ) without spaces

Greeeeeeez Tobiaz

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 01-06-2006 at 07:51 PM

The interval in the latest beta was 30 seconds (not much use to make it lower; other than flooding your contacts). But I'll include an option or something where you can set the interval higher in the next update. (although if the nick hasn't changed the nick will not be updated either though)

6 seconds is really pushing the limit btw (of the MSN servers). It should never be used in any nickname-update-plugin IMO

quote:
unfortunatly I'm forced to to change the associated words variables like (wd), (ws), (wm), etc to something else, as I'm going to include also the 'week' interval (which is always exactly 7 days).

This means that for displaying the number of weeks with a leading zero I'll be using (ww) in analogy to the other variables with leading zeros like (dd), (ss), etc... But this means that the associated word for weeks (ww) would be the same variable as for the number of weeks with leading zero: (ww). Thus I'm going to change the variable name of associated words...

Dunno yet what it will become, maybe (~w), (~d), (~s), etc. Or maybe (aw), (ad), (as) (as the letter 'a' is easier to type then a tilde)... If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them. Although I wish to keep them compliant with existing variable names used in other languages and definitions though... dunno yet...

---------------

Important Update: Since there was no feedback on this, I've decided that the tags used for the associated words will be prefixed with "%" instead. So you will get (%w), (%d), (%s), etc in the new release (RC1).

eg1: (%w) will be replaced with "weeks" (or "week" depending on the value of (w))
eg2: (%d) will be replaced with "days" (or "day" depending on the value of (d))
RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by taz030485 on 01-06-2006 at 11:37 PM

quote:
I think the update interval is 6 seconds!

If you only want to use Days then you can use a tag like this:

Greeeeeeez Tobiaz

If it is 6 or 30 like cookie said then does it change the name that often or only if it is different?
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 01-07-2006 at 03:31 AM

It does make the call to MSN Messenger to change (as you might have changed the name yourself during the interval), but since the name will be the same, the actuall change will not be made and thus your contacts will also not be notified of any 'nick change'.

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by taz030485 on 01-12-2006 at 10:26 AM

For some reason it just started doing what's in the pic for me all my 'tag' is this

(d) (wd) till I'm 21

I possible could be the MSN servers tho.

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 01-12-2006 at 03:34 PM

Yes, I noticed that too...

And it is indeed not because of a bug in the plugin, but has to do with stuff beyond the plugin (it simply calls the Messenger Plus! nickchange API). For some reason the servers decline nick changes after a while (more strict flood protection??). Or it can be some bug in Messenger Plus! in how it changes the nickname, although that would be surprising IMHO.

If you can pinpoint more when this happens it would be great (which status, after what precise time, etc...). Note that it doesn't matter what nick you have nor what tags you use, that's only important internally for the plugin, it hasn't any influence on the actual changing of the nick.

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by haydos on 01-12-2006 at 06:52 PM

quote:
If you can pinpoint more when this happens it would be great (which status, after what precise time, etc...).

This depends on the interval of the name changes. Messenger only allows a maximum of 10 changes per minutes if I remember correctly, therefore 6 seconds pushes the limit with 10 changes per minute. On this setting it only takes the name trying to change just a millisecond too soon and the error will appear.

The error should not appear on settings 7 seconds or higher.

quote:
Originally posted by Protocol information

(Error number) 800
    Changing too rapidly
When the client tries to change the display name (REA) too rapidly, this error message will be sent in response to the commands that the server rejects. This does not affect renaming other principals.
Source: http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/reference/error_list.php#800

RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by CookieRevised on 01-12-2006 at 07:54 PM

I know of that limit, hence why it is set to 30secs.

So it isn't that...
It has to do with the amount of nickchances it seems (at very first glance), not with the interval between them.

quote:
The interval in the latest beta was 30 seconds (not much use to make it lower; other than flooding your contacts). But I'll include an option or something where you can set the interval higher in the next update. (although if the nick hasn't changed the nick will not be updated either though)

6 seconds is really pushing the limit btw (of the MSN servers). It should never be used in any nickname-update-plugin IMO

RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by taz030485 on 01-12-2006 at 10:46 PM

quote:
If you can pinpoint more when this happens it would be great (which status, after what precise time, etc...). Note that it doesn't matter what nick you have nor what tags you use, that's only important internally for the plugin, it hasn't any influence on the actual changing of the nick.

My status was set to away (as it had been all day), it poped up once or twice between 6-8pm (I clicked ok and it went away) then after 8pm roughly every 30 seconds a new on popped up but no more appeared after I posted about it at 8:26. (all times are GMT+10 if it helps)

I does happen when I sign in sometimes, as my computer lags up and msn dissconnects and has to reconnect, but I'm pretty sure it can't change the name then because there is no connection to the servers;)

Edit: my 'tag' was the same as mentioned before
RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by watchout on 02-08-2006 at 11:16 PM

It has almost been a month since this thread lived.. Any updates on the issues written above or the progress of new features? I've been using it for a while and must say.. great work (Y)

Update: HolidayCounter v3.00.064 - Live (script version 1.1) by CookieRevised on 03-07-2006 at 01:00 AM

New version available (3.00.064 - Live):
(with updated script version 1.1)

New features since v3.0

1. Also compatible with Messenger Plus! Live
  2. bug fix in script so that plugin will load at startup
New features since v2.0
  1. Now you can also count up from a past time
  2. You can create/delete as many "predefined" tags as you like
  3. "year", "month" and "week" tags added
  4. Ability to change the update interval (from 15 secs to 24 hours)
  5. 4 ways of calculating the difference between dates (although this is not recommended to change!!! Leave it at the default way, see the help dialog for more info and also here)
Note

Because of the newly added week tag (ww) I have changed the prefix for the associated word tags from "w" to "%". So the associated words tags are now (%y), (%m), (%w), (%d), (%h), (%n) and (%s).

To install in Messenger Plus! 3
  1. Download the attached file
  2. Rename the extension to .ZIP
  3. Unzip the file
  4. Put both 'HolidayCounter.dll' and 'Register_Plus!3_Plugin.bat' into your Messenger Plus! 3 plugins folder
  5. Run Register_Plus!3_Plugin.bat from the plugin folder

To install in Messenger Plus! Live
  2. Double click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on screen

Screeny

[Image: config.png]
click for full size

---------------

PS: taz030485, I still haven't been able to pinpoint that problem (though I highly doubt it has anything directly todo with the plugin itself as I said earlier), sorry...

Previous version 2 downloads: 513
Previous version 3 downloads: 29
RE: RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter V.1.02.0042 BETA English Version :P by taz030485 on 03-07-2006 at 01:20 AM

quote:
PS: taz030485, I still haven't been able to poinpoint that problem (though I highly doubt it has anything todo with the plugin itself as I said earlier), sorry...
Thats ok, I can live with it. I'll test the new version, maybe increasing the update interval will help.
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by alphax45 on 08-08-2006 at 11:57 PM

Anyone know if there is anything like this for live?

RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by kittymew on 08-09-2006 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alphax45

yes there is!:)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62235&page=1

similiar...to holiday one as it stilll "a" countdown
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 08-20-2006 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alphax45
I updated the plugin so it is also compatible with Plus!Live

see "Update: HolidayCounter v3.00.064 - Live".

Note: I didn't made it into a full script only since Matikke took most of the features and made a script out of it and I can't be bothered at the moment to make it myself. Though, this plugin fully works in Plus!Live (and also shows how you can make a generic wrapper for Plus!3 plugins)
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by T1k on 08-30-2006 at 09:51 PM

does this plugin work with messenger plus live and how do i get it to work with messenger plus live because there is no "\plugins" directory

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 10:50 PM

quote:
I updated the plugin so it is also compatible with Plus!Live

see "Update: HolidayCounter v3.00.064 - Live".
                           |
                           |
                           V
quote:
To install in Messenger Plus! Live
  2. Double click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on screen

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Biller on 09-10-2006 at 09:30 AM

Hey,

Cookie i like your HolidayCounter more than all other counters, because in Countdown Live when i want that the counter show me just hours its only showin me how many hours left "interday" so e.g.

It's now: 30. Dezember 2006 - 20:00:00
And i say to the counter:"Hey show me how many hours to new year...
So i set of course 31.Dezember 2006 - 00:00:00...
Now Countdown Live show me: "Only 4 hours remain..." Thats wrong buggy....
But ur countdown do the right and say:"28 h remain..."

So but only one thing for HolidayCounter.... After I restart my machine, and so restart messenger, ive to disable and reenable the script... it doesnt work for me after rebooting...

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by markee on 09-10-2006 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Biller
Hey,

Cookie i like your HolidayCounter more than all other counters, because in Countdown Live when i want that the counter show me just hours its only showin me how many hours left "interday" so e.g.

So but only one thing for HolidayCounter.... After I restart my machine, and so restart messenger, ive to disable and reenable the script... it doesnt work for me after rebooting...
Cookie if this is what happens then it is wrong, 00:00:00 is the begining of the day.  This means in that example it really needs to show 4 hours and not 28 hours.  Many people have probems with this when programming anything (not many people enjoy using 24 hour time).
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 09-10-2006 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Hey,

Cookie if this is what happens then it is wrong, 00:00:00 is the begining of the day.  This means in that example it really needs to show 4 hours and not 28 hours.
It does not do that.... Biller's example is wrong and it of course will also show "4 hours left".

What Biller probably means is Holiday Counter shows the total amount of time units (like any counter should do IMO), not only just the time units you have selected:

eg: if you have 5 days and 3 hours to go until an event, and you have only selected hours to be shown, all other counters will show "3 hours left" (which is obviously wrong). Holiday Counter will show "123 hours left" (which is correct).

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Many people have probems with this when programming anything (not many people enjoy using 24 hour time).
doesn't have anything todo with 24 or 12-hour systems. (in a 12-hour system 00:00 doesn't even exist). When you programmatically calculate time you always use a 24-hour system.

quote:
After I restart my machine, and so restart messenger, ive to disable and reenable the script... it doesnt work for me after rebooting...
correct... was a stupid, but big, bug. It was a leftover from a test version of the script. I'll release the update, which includes the fix, soonish...

in the mean time you can easly fix it yourself:
1) open the script in the scripteditor
2) navigate to line 81 ("var oPlugin = new ActiveXObject(sPluginName);") and remove it;
3) change line 66 from "var oPlugin = Object;" to "var oPlugin = new ActiveXObject(sPluginName);"
4) Save it

EDIT: script updated, see "Update: HolidayCounter v3.00.064 - Live (script version 1.1)"
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Biller on 09-10-2006 at 06:38 PM

Haha, yeah okay mates, I guess my example kills you, hehe... Okay but the meaning was clear...

quote:
eg: if you have 5 days and 3 hours to go until an event, and you have only selected hours to be shown, all other counters will show "3 hours left" (which is obviously wrong). Holiday Counter will show "123 hours left" (which is correct).

thats exactly what a mean... and i think its a must for every counter... :)

Okay thank you cookie for the changes....now it works everytime...

Btw. hehe... Could you make "new" Countdown Script like Countdown Live just because with your code :) because i like your code style more than the others... But a new GUI would be cool...

ahh anyway i know no one has time especially TB :D
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 09-10-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Btw. hehe... Could you make "new" Countdown Script like Countdown Live just because with your code :) because i like your code style more than the others... But a new GUI would be cool...

ahh anyway i know no one has time especially TB :D
indeed,  mostly lack of time.

The reason why you see the GUI as a common Windows window is because this script is actually a Plus!3 plugin (it can be used both in Plus!3 as in Plus! Live!!!). Hence why it doesn't use the GUI style of Plus! Live.

If I would change the GUI to the new style, I should make this plugin totally as a script and will probably end up with the same GUI as Countdown Live.

That is also a reason why I instead encourage Matikke, author of Countdown Live, to implement the stuff used in Holiday Counter (eg: this show-proper-amount-of-units thing, weeks, months, years time tags, different ways of calculating time, etc).

He also based many (if not all) of his features and UI on Holiday Counter anyways and his script is more promising than others (IMHO). All that and the lack of time, keeps me from making this as a script only.
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Jarrod on 09-16-2006 at 01:11 AM

i'm having trouble with this script and the latest version of msgplus ever since i updated msg plus the counter doesn't work.
it starts and opens and counts but won't add it's self to the end of my name

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 09-16-2006 at 01:20 AM

If it starts, opens and counts it means everything from the actual code is fine. The name changing is done using a broadcasted message (the plugin actually doesn't change the name itself, it gives command to Plus! to do it). However, this works find here with the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live (and Plus! 3 btw).

Please give all the needed information:
What version of Plus! are you using (complete version = including build number)?
What is the language you've set in Plus!?
What is the complete version number of Messenger you're using?
And what is the complete version of the Holiday Counter script/plugin you're using (as there is more than one version provided in this thread)?
Also provide all the settings you have in the Holiday Counter?

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Jarrod on 09-17-2006 at 02:41 AM

msg plus version:4.01.0.240
language:english
wlm version:8.0.0812.00
script version: 3.00.0064
settings:
             show in display name=true
                        display name =Ever notice how fast Windows runs?
                        Neither did I.  (!XHCOUNT)

(!XHCOUNT) tag= past false
                             future=true

target date=17/04/2007
target time=07:30
enable timer=true
sorry about the delay i didn't have my version no.s for a while

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 09:31 PM

it was working b4 i upgraded msg plus y won't it work now?

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by cloudhunter on 09-20-2006 at 10:14 PM

Do ANY scripts work on your computer?

What is the error in the debug window?

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 11:08 PM

yeah and this one did.
these ones work nudgeback,unlimited nudges, message gradatior, cono notifier, swimming psm,hopper live and auto answer some more somewhere but i can't remember which 1s

and i couldn't find an error in the debug window it seems to be working fine but when i click ok it doesn't suffix the name like it should it just closes and none of this shows up in dedug logs

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 09-21-2006 at 09:31 AM

I assume you have something defined for the (!XHCOUNT) tag? (you didn't mention this in your post)...

Also, and this may seem very odd, but check if your computer date and time are correct.

Other than this, I don't know why it wouldn't work, everything works absolutely fine here (and on other computers and accounts) with the same versions as you have...

-------

I'll add a testcommand tonight in the plugin, so you can force an update for the nickname and PSM. If that doesn't work then there is something wrong with Plus! itself.

On this same note, when you enable/disable the counter, do you see a toast popping up?

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by Jarrod on 09-21-2006 at 09:38 AM

the (!XHCOUNT) is defined to...Only (d) (%d), (h) (%h), (n) (%n) and (s) (%s) untill the red hot chili peppers's concert
and my clock is up to date
and yeas i see the toast aying it's enabled but it doesn't appear in my nick

and i opened debugging and after i clicked ok this was all i saw (when i clicked ok nothing happened)
Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by topaloglu321 on 01-05-2008 at 11:41 PM

I can't configure this script.

For example I want to set it to count down 16/03/2008 05:00 o'clock.

How can I set it? Please help..

Thanks

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by CookieRevised on 01-06-2008 at 01:41 AM

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version:

Instructions for installing it in Messenger Plus! Live (as a script) and Messenger Plus! 3 (as a plugin) can also be found in the post linked above.

After installing, the configuration panel of this plugin/script is available in Plus!Live via the Plus! script icon menu in the main Messenger window; For Plus!3 it is available in the Plus! plugin menu in the main Messenger window.

--------

quote:
For example I want to set it to count down 16/03/2008 05:00 o'clock.
1) Tick what you want to change: 'Display Name' and/or 'Personal Message'

2) Edit the string(s) as to how you want to see the count in your Display Name and/or Personal Message. The (!XHCOUNT) tag is the placeholder for the actual countdown/countup. eg: Display Name: I'm topaloglu - (!XHCOUNT)

3) Make the (!XHCOUNT) tag for when it needs to count up (=Future time tag)
(you may also want to edit the Past time tag, so you have something to show when 16/03/2008 05:00 has pasted)
eg:
Past time tag: (d) (%d), (h) (%h), and (n) (%n) have passed
Future time tag: (d) (%d), (h) (%h), and (n) (%n) to go

4) Enter the word tags. Here you can enter the associated words used for 'hour', 'hours', 'minute', 'minutes', etc for your own language.

5) Fill in the date and time

6) Select an update interval.
Note: it is very highly recommended to not select anything lower than 30 seconds!

7) Enable the timer by ticking the "Enable timer" option, and press OK.

PS: there is also a help window; click on the "Help" button....
RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by topaloglu321 on 01-06-2008 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Are you running Messenger Plus! Live? Or are you still using Messenger Plus! 3?

For Messenger Plus! Live, make sure you have downloaded the latest version:

After that the configuration panel of this plugin/script is available in the Plus! script icon menu in the main Messenger window.

I use Messenger plus live v4.50.0.312 and I have installed the HolidayCounter v3.00.64 (script v1.1) .

But I can not find the Plus! script icon menu.Could you pls send here the screenshot that display where is that menu?? (My own language is Turkish. Is this a problem for this script?)

Thanks for your help.. :)

RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by scribbie on 06-12-2008 at 04:17 AM

hi
same problem here
i downloaded and installed the script. it actually shows it is installed among "scripts" in "preferences>general>scripts". but i can't get it to work at all. i dont know where to start it from anyway!

RE: RE: Update: HolidayCounter 2.00.050 RC1 by topaloglu321 on 06-12-2008 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scribbie
hi
same problem here
i downloaded and installed the script. it actually shows it is installed among "scripts" in "preferences>general>scripts". but i can't get it to work at all. i dont know where to start it from anyway!

Check your PM :)