Shoutbox

exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? (/showthread.php?tid=52421)

exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by yerrr on 10-30-2005 at 11:42 AM

i'd like to ask if it's possible that i get to know which of the off-line contacts are online with invisible state?

thanx:P

RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by Mnjul on 10-30-2005 at 12:01 PM

No it's not possible and there's no such plug-in :)

RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by yerrr on 10-30-2005 at 12:26 PM

so sorry to hear that:(

RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by The_Joker on 10-30-2005 at 05:20 PM

Actually there is a way, it's not very good though.
With SPNG u can use the window open notification to check it.
If the contact is online and open ur contact card it shows a msg that he opened a window with u, since u see him as offline then it means he blocked u (or just appear offline).
As u can guess, it's not very good cause he need to open ur contact card for that, and u need to be on the computer to see it (and also ur status shouldn't be busy).
I've found some1 that blocked me that way.

RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 10-30-2005 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
If the contact is online and open ur contact card it shows a msg that he opened a window with u, since u see him as offline then it means he blocked u (or just appear offline).
As u can guess, it's not very good cause he need to open ur contact card for that, and u need to be on the computer to see it (and also ur status shouldn't be busy).
I believe this methods can only tell you what people are blocking you.. NOT see who appears offline...
If I remember correct, MSN Messenger makes sure that whenever your status is set to Appear Offline, no outgoing connection to other contacts are made, therefore you can't track these people...
Though I might be wrong, Cookie or some other that knows the fully correct information are really welcome to give a hint here.. :)

RE: RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by The_Joker on 10-30-2005 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
I believe this methods can only tell you what people are blocking you.. NOT see who appears offline...
If I remember correct, MSN Messenger makes sure that whenever your status is set to Appear Offline, no outgoing connection to other contacts are made, therefore you can't track these people...
Though I might be wrong, Cookie or some other that knows the fully correct information are really welcome to give a hint here.. :)

It works with appear offline, I msged some1 with that method and he said he is just appear offline.
This is really funny, it's not accurate as a window open notification and even as a block checker it isn't accurate (might be just appear offline).
RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by yerrr on 11-04-2005 at 12:41 PM

THANK U JOKER  IM TRYING UR WAY

Yeah it works.
RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by qgroessl on 11-04-2005 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
believe this methods can only tell you what people are blocking you.. NOT see who appears offline...
Though I might be wrong, Cookie or some other that knows the fully correct information are really welcome to give a hint here..

I think you're right actually.... but yerr says it works... So I dunno?.... maybe just another noob that doesn't know?.... haha... of course, the person could just be lieing to you and saying they're on appear offline, but they're really blocking you.
RE: RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by The_Joker on 11-04-2005 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yerrr
THANK U JOKER  IM TRYING UR WAY
Yeah it works.

your welcome :)
RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-05-2005 at 05:05 PM

quote:
It works with appear offline, I msged some1 with that method and he said he is just appear offline.
This is really funny, it's not accurate as a window open notification and even as a block checker it isn't accurate (might be just appear offline).
Ehh.. AFAIK... It is currently not possible to talk to someone when they are on Appear Offline.. And they cannot talk to you when they are on appear offline...

RE: exist a plugin can show me the invisible contacts? by The_Joker on 11-08-2005 at 09:02 PM

Can some1 check this thing for sure?
I tried to login with polygamy and get the open window msg, nothing :S
Tried to open the contact card, open the im window, send a voice request, nothing came up with window opened msg.
And of course the offline user couldn't send anything...

But I DID talked with some1 who was offline a month ago.
He was offline when I talked to him, he said he is just "appear offlne", later he changed back to online and then a bored user added us to a multi-convo, he didn't understand how every1 see him (forgot to change back to appear offline).
So he was appear offline for sure.
(Now checked with the event log, he signed out 16 minutes b4 the convo, reconected 28 seconds after I sent him the msg, and he answered b4 reconnecting)

Guess as there were few new versions since then that it was fixed.