Shoutbox

Deskloops - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Deskloops (/showthread.php?tid=52434)

Deskloops by Supersonicdarky on 10-30-2005 at 08:10 PM

Deskloops software enables computer users to handle and have open all the activities and streams they require simultaneously and within the limited space of a single screen.
Deskloops does this by arranging windows along a virtual horizontal loop. At any one time, you'll see window open on screen as usual, but in fact any number of other windows, set on that loop, can be rotated in from left or right. A strip of thumbnails on top of the screen maps the loop's full content.
This how Deskloops solves the increasingly pressing problem of limited screen space and does so by means of a new and intuitive way of re-organizing windows and applications and effectively thereby the computer's entire work environment.

Deskloops

I personnally like it, but pointless when you have dual monitors

RE: Deskloops by Stigmata on 10-30-2005 at 08:13 PM

haha i like the flash intro :D

RE: Deskloops by albert on 10-30-2005 at 08:19 PM

Seems pretty interesting, Ill try it out for a while!

RE: Deskloops by Mike on 10-30-2005 at 08:23 PM

Here is another desktop program that "saves" you desktop space:

The Sphere

Deskloops looks intresting thought :P

RE: Deskloops by albert on 10-30-2005 at 08:27 PM

Humm this seems pretty cool, Im using it atm, it is fun to use, but I don't really see the huge need.. :S

RE: Deskloops by DJKAL on 10-30-2005 at 08:37 PM

haha love the intro to!:) - just installed it, i love the way it spins around your desktop :) {yes i no tis sad rly!}
but who cares - tis coooool! :)
thanks for this cool thread:)

EDIT: what an annoying piece of software { yer it is just me!}
i am using tabbed chat in msn and it is making all the text move when it changes from convo to convo - and as i use msn lots on my pc i cant handle that lol - still cool if you use many internat pages or different software packages:)

RE: Deskloops by pollolibredegrasa on 10-30-2005 at 08:58 PM

Wow... This app is actually really cool. I like the way i can use my scroll wheel on my mouse horizontally, as well, though it can be a bit sensitive. I'm on dual monitors, and i can definitely still see a use for it. Nice find (y)

RE: Deskloops by guanako on 10-30-2005 at 09:39 PM

its like something vista has. like a slide show of the windwos u have open

RE: Deskloops by John Anderton on 10-30-2005 at 09:42 PM

Looks interesting .... i guess its worth a try (when im not half asleep like now)