Shoutbox

Suggestion : show the download rate? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion : show the download rate? (/showthread.php?tid=52449)

Suggestion : show the download rate? by blaguman on 10-31-2005 at 09:33 AM

Hello! (scuse me if my english is bad, i'm french.. ^^)
I just wanted to know (if nobody already did that), if the msgplus extension could show the download rate in the messenger dialogs.
In my point of view, it could be a very interesting option, which wouldn't be so hard to do i think?

So i just wanted to know what patchou and everybody thought about that?
That's all, thx to answer ^^

RE: Suggestion : show the download rate? by John Anderton on 10-31-2005 at 09:47 AM

Do you mean to say you want to see the bytes downloaded per second and the total bandwidth used so far in a convo / a given period of time (a week or a month) ??

There are other ways to find that out. I did try that once just for fun :P

What i did was i installed DU meter, did the necessary settings. And only opened a msn convo as an application that would use the bandwidth.

Then when i was having a convo, it showed me when the data was sent and how much was it .... It was quite small (obviously :P)

Similarly i used the same method for checking out the bandwidth usage in audio and video conversations :)

RE: Suggestion : show the download rate? by blaguman on 10-31-2005 at 10:05 AM

I mean i would show the bytes downloaded per second. I used another software too (and i saw it was indeedly very very poor... :p), but the better way would be if we could see it on each download, on each dialog ^^

RE: Suggestion : show the download rate? by John Anderton on 10-31-2005 at 03:42 PM

Oh you mean it for downloads ??
Then i think if you use ftp (file transfer plus) then it does show this :) It allows resuming of file sending too :)

RE: Suggestion : show the download rate? by MeEtc on 10-31-2005 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Oh you mean it for downloads ??
Then i think if you use ftp (file transfer plus) then it does show this :) It allows resuming of file sending too :)

... but the reciever also needs the plugin for it to work