Shoutbox

messenger plus question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: messenger plus question (/showthread.php?tid=52458)

messenger plus question by abcat on 10-31-2005 at 04:31 PM

Hi,

is there a function in Messenger Plus that can make it like IRC like when you had enter a msg and send to user, can I use the Up arrow key to retrieve back my previous message and send again?

Is there a options in there or I need a plugin for that? Thanks in advanced :)

RE: messenger plus question by Leif on 10-31-2005 at 04:35 PM

Ctrl+ArrowUp

RE: messenger plus question by Tobiaz on 10-31-2005 at 10:18 PM

Yes... and I thought that you can edit this Configuration in the Plus! Options Window... :P

Greeeeeez

RE: messenger plus question by abcat on 11-01-2005 at 08:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tobiaz
Yes... and I thought that you can edit this Configuration in the Plus! Options Window... :P

Greeeeeez

Thanks for the control arrow up. what about this, in which part to configure?
RE: messenger plus question by Mnjul on 11-01-2005 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by abcat
quote:
Originally posted by Tobiaz

Greeeeeez

Thanks for the control arrow up. what about this, in which part to configure?
You can't any longer configure the key combination directly in Plus! Preferences window since 3.60:
quote:
Change logs
There's no more room in the preferences for the new features! there are already 25 sections in the preferences window and it's been some time already that I've been bothered by this problem. To accommodate the new Tabbed Chats preferences section, "Commands & Tags" has been renamed "Commands & Keys" and moved in "Message Helpers". To make room for it, the "Text Recall" section had to go. The feature still exists but the options attached to it were not that useful for most people (they are still internally supported if you update from an old version though).

That said, you can still edit registry HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\(Yourmail)\Preferences -> TextRecallShortcut to tell Plus! to use other modifier keys for Text recall. Well, I don't know "what number corresponds to what key", perhaps someone will figure that out :p
RE: messenger plus question by abcat on 11-01-2005 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
more room in the preferences for the new features! there are already 25 sections in the preferences window and it's been some time already that I've been bothered by this problem. To accommodate the new Tabbed Chats preferences section, "Commands & Tags" has been renamed "Commands & Keys" and moved in "Message Helpers". To make room for it, the "Text Recall" section had to go. The feature still exists but the options attached to it were not that useful for most people (they are still internally supported if you update from an old version though).

oh ok. Thanks for the information :)
RE: RE: messenger plus question by CookieRevised on 11-01-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
That said, you can still edit registry HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\(Yourmail)\Preferences -> TextRecallShortcut to tell Plus! to use other modifier keys for Text recall. Well, I don't know "what number corresponds to what key", perhaps someone will figure that out :p

UseTextRecall
type: REG_DWORD

1 => Enable Text Recall feature (default)
0 => Disable Text Recall feature

TextRecallShortcut

0 => Use Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down to show the panel
1 => Use PageUp and PageDown to show the panel
2 => Use both combinations to show the panel

PrevMaxRecall

Numerical value indicating the maximum lines to remember. (default = 25)

UseTextRecallPrefix

1 => Enable the adding of a prefix to old/recalled messages (default)
0 => Disable the adding of a prefix to old/recalled messages

TextRecallPrefix
type: REG_SZ

The text used as a prefix to old/recalled messages. You can use the (!P) tag in this text. (default = empty)
RE: messenger plus question by Choli on 11-01-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
That said, you can still edit registry HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\(Yourmail)\Preferences -> TextRecallShortcut to tell Plus! to use other modifier keys for Text recall. Well, I don't know "what number corresponds to what key", perhaps someone will figure that out
abcar: And if you don't feel like editing the registry yourself, you can use Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61 :) ;)