Shoutbox

Do you stomp on bugs/insects? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? (/showthread.php?tid=52505)

Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by SkiesOfArcadia on 11-01-2005 at 10:19 PM

do you just stomp them

or do you stomp and grind/drag (which) them?

If you do the former, well it's a million x smaller than you, why?

If you do the latter...you're evil.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by prashker on 11-01-2005 at 10:53 PM

I put them in a napkin (dont kill) and throw outside and let them free :P

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by dotNorma on 11-01-2005 at 11:29 PM

Eeek, I run.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Lou on 11-01-2005 at 11:51 PM

wtf?!?!?!?!

No I dont kill bugs. I try not to anyway...

[offtopic] the average person eats 8 spiders in a life time while sleeping[/offtopic]

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by DJeX on 11-02-2005 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I put them in a napkin (dont kill) and throw outside and let them free :P

(Y)

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Purity on 11-02-2005 at 04:12 AM

I crush them, and grind them against the cement. :D

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by SikStyles on 11-02-2005 at 04:41 AM

yea, i squash them if i have to

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Pipish on 11-02-2005 at 04:49 AM

i laugh at them and if they piss me off i catch them and kill them

i also have a gift:P i am quite good at catching flies

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by WDZ on 11-02-2005 at 04:50 AM

If they trespass in my home, I kill them whenever possible. In fact, I will sometimes go out of my way to kill them when it would be easier to let them free or just leave them alone. :p

If they are outside, well, meh... waste of time really. The world has way too many insects... they're like the complete opposite of an endangered species... :tongue:

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Weyzza on 11-02-2005 at 04:54 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering when I'll read the news saying flies are going to extinct.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by ray18 on 11-02-2005 at 08:00 AM

I Burn Them.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by -dt- on 11-02-2005 at 08:53 AM

depends if they annoy me or not.... say its a fly buzzing around me then ill kill it (well i would kill a fly for any reson really..) , but if its something like a spider just sitting in the window then eh I wouldnt kill it.

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Yeah, I'm wondering when I'll read the news saying flies are going to extinct.
oh god I will be throwing a party the night I read that....I hate those damm creatures of evilness....
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-02-2005 at 08:57 AM

I kill mosquitos when they fly all around me when im studying / on the comp :dodgy:
Apart from that i dont :P

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
If they trespass in my home, I kill them whenever possible. In fact, I will sometimes go out of my way to kill them when it would be easier to let them free or just leave them alone. :p

If they are outside, well, meh... waste of time really. The world has way too many insects... they're like the complete opposite of an endangered species... :tongue:
Absolutely what i do .. (Y)

I wouldnt mind seeing a few pesky ones like mosqitoes on the endangered list :refuck:
And btw ... @thread maker (who ever it is .... i forgot :P) insects arent a million times smaller .... id say about 600 - 800 times max but thats stretching it :P
RE: RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by SkiesOfArcadia on 11-02-2005 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles

can you give an example where you had to?
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-02-2005 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SkiesOfArcadia
You are studying for a huge test which you have the next morning. It is 1 am ... you are tired but you are still studying. And there it comes a tenth of a gram of pure un aldultrated evil !! You try to make it go away but god damn it come back again and again. If hits you on purpose where it hurts the most .... it flies close to your ears where you can hear it buzz of close to your eyes where you can see it ...... so what would you do other than squash that pesky evil one ??
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by lordy on 11-02-2005 at 09:35 AM

:lol: you make them sound like they're out to get us :D

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by azn angel on 11-02-2005 at 10:05 AM

it pisses me off when they fly at the monitor :<<<
and then this morning i was walking to the car and there was this big spider so i screamed and ran into the car
and and i cant help stepping on ants :<<

ooh during the major hols at school you come back and there are heaps and heaps of moths everywhere and the yr 12s sprayed a cockroach with deo and then lit it on fire so it ran around on fire and then they sprayed deo and lit the deo where it was coming out onto a moth.. im surprised they didnt get caught tbh

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Vazza on 11-02-2005 at 11:12 AM

Depends on the insect. If its a spider then I actually freeze. I can't move, can't speak. I am litterally petrified and unable to do anyhting. Hence why, once I find somewhere to help me, I am going to allow a tarantula to climb on me to raise money for charity.

Wasps: I scream and run into another room. I hate them. Someone else has to remove them. If I really have to, I use the hoover to remove them.

Bees: They're okay. I can live with them.

Other insects. Usually caught in paper hankies and flushed down the toilet.

As for stomping on them: Well when you think about it, you probably do it every day without thinking as you are walking about. So technically, it's the insects fault for getting in your way if you get stomped on or not

RE: RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by emit on 11-02-2005 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
wtf?!?!?!?!

No I dont kill bugs. I try not to anyway...

[offtopic] the average person eats 8 spiders in a life time while sleeping[/offtopic]

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm

The offtopic bit is false; it's an urban myth.
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-02-2005 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm

The offtopic bit is false; it's an urban myth.
Agreed (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
:lol: you make them sound like they're out to get us :D
Yeah i know :rolleyes: ..... <3
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Supersonicdarky on 11-02-2005 at 12:29 PM

if they annoy me, i make then suffer in the toilet :P

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by prashker on 11-02-2005 at 12:34 PM

you are all bad people :P

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Exca on 11-02-2005 at 03:15 PM

I definately stomp them... like they have a mind:S. They only have an instintive. Like the Euglena is a organism in the water that runs for the light because it can't stand it. It's only a cell, it doesn't have a mind, just enough to survive instinctively.
I do love animals; i love all dogs and cats and other cute animals and i would be mad if something happens with them where humans are the cause...

(Yes, i sometimes use my lighter and let insects burn, they once bite me in my foot when i had to do the rush-hours in macdonalds... 8o|)

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-02-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
you are all bad people :P
Put yourself in my position in the 2nd page post ..... then tell me that im a bad person ..... :P
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by saralk on 11-02-2005 at 05:13 PM

I don't really stomp on insects, I use the old glass over the spider and postcard under the glass trick. However, i usually grab flies from the air and squish them in my hand if they are annoying me.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Negro_Joe on 11-02-2005 at 05:16 PM

they taste like chicken...

i umm....i'v been told...8-)

RE: RE: RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by SikStyles on 11-02-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SkiesOfArcadia
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles

house, if they steal food crumbles on the ground or just crawl on me

outside, only if they start biting me, sort of like a punishment for biting :P

other than that no, they also have a life and if they want to live they should get the f*ck away from me! :devil:
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by paperless on 11-02-2005 at 05:56 PM

I usually dont..its a life.. meh.. i have respect ( different levels of respect ) for all forms of life, when  a bug is really annoying me i ask someone else to kill it or if its in the floor i kill it the fastest way possible so it doesnt suffer, i kill few bugs also because i fear most of them, the only exception are the ants which i think are cute and ive already eaten a ant once ( it doesnt have taste ).

I usually kill mosquitos indirectly, i mean i use a Raid product which has a fan that puts something in the air and i see raining mosquitos  :lol: .

EDIT: If mosquitos didnt exist we would be in trouble.. EVERY single forking animal exists for a reason, flies really suck as adults but when they are "babies" ( i dont remember the name in english ) they eat shit and dead bodies, they clean the shit out of our world, they are way cleaner than us.

EDIT2: LoL at Vazza.
I am rfeally afraid of spiders as well, i dont petrify, i run away just as i do with bees, vasps, butterflies, cockeroches and all the other generic insects.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-02-2005 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
EDIT: If mosquitos didnt exist we would be in trouble.. EVERY single forking animal exists for a reason, flies really suck as adults but when they are "babies" ( i dont remember the name in english ) they eat shit and dead bodies, they clean the shit out of our world, they are way cleaner than us.
Maggets ?? They do the same .... but i think they turn out to be moths as adults 8-)
Not too sure .... bio aint my thing ... math is tho :tongue:

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Nathan on 11-02-2005 at 06:19 PM

It was sooo funny i used to ahve this tv wich had buttons on the top which were touch sensitive and a fly landed on it and it changed the channel/volume :P
So :@ annoying!!!

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by user27089 on 11-02-2005 at 07:08 PM

I only ever kill a few insects, and they are the amazingly annoying ones, cockroaches, mosquitos, flies etc.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Facta on 11-02-2005 at 07:11 PM

there are more than 20 million insects per person
we have the right to kill them
:)

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by user27089 on 11-02-2005 at 07:15 PM

To be honest, we don't have the right to kill anything, they make up 95% of the worlds population, and 40% of the total mass of this planet, if anything, they should be able to stomp us for invading their space. Fact btw.

:banana:.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Weyzza on 11-02-2005 at 07:43 PM

I don't see why we should not kill insects.

Most of them are annoying, not to mention they spread diseases.

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by paperless on 11-02-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
if anything, they should be able to stomp us for invading their space. Fact btw.

Wrong, we appeared in this world we have the right to do whatever we want to maintain our specie, if nature made us too inteligent, its "her" fault.
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Exca on 11-02-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
[Wrong, we appeared in this world we have the right to do whatever we want to maintain our specie, if nature made us too inteligent, its "her" fault.

Amen :bow:

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Facta on 11-03-2005 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Wrong, we appeared in this world we have the right to do whatever we want to maintain our specie, if nature made us too inteligent, its "her" fault.

Yeah!
But i also kinda agree with traxor
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Juvani_D on 11-03-2005 at 01:25 AM

I get a chilly feeling on my nape everytime I see or hear topics like this. No, I haven't and will not stomp bugs or other insects.

RE: RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by SikStyles on 11-03-2005 at 06:43 AM

quote:
quote:
if anything, they should be able to stomp us for invading their space. Fact btw.

cant say wrong to this, nor right

they did habit the earth before us so they have more right to be here in a way buuut its all about surviving and the need to kill in order to accomplish that, like a cheetah killing goats to get food and stay alive
though we dont eat insects (most of us dont) they eat us and they do it to survive and we slap them right back because they eat us, they usually lose but still
see nature is all balanced and if the whole insect race is wiped out (even if its only flies, mosquitos, etc) the nature will become unbalanced and may collapse, it wouldnt be here if it didnt have a point
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Rubber Stamp on 11-03-2005 at 02:24 PM

i knw every thing exist for a reason, but i always wonder wat reason do mosquitoes have for existing??? i dont eat out dead bodies nor degrade waste nor help in digestion or something, then y are they here???

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by John Anderton on 11-03-2005 at 02:55 PM

quote:
quote:

You made the point but used the wrong way ....

You piss off a wild animal ... it will hurt you .... you miss me off and ill do the same ... do you see where im going ....
We are higher in the food chain so whats wrong .....

You go infront of a wild bear covered in honey and poke it with a stick in its belly .... what will it do .... same is what any human would do to a fly going round and round irritating you and bitting you :P

Why dont you put some blood in the sea and then go to swim unprotected ..... same reason why you shouldnt try to bite me

See where im going ???

I know the refrences in this post to the 3rd person arent correct as they refer to you as the reader from the perspective of a human or that of a irritating insect. Kindly ignore this and understand the meaning of the post :P The last sentence is in reference to everyone who supports not killing the irritating insects !!
RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Rik on 11-03-2005 at 06:20 PM

i only smash flies and spiders.
when i can, i open a window to set the flies free

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 08:24 PM

i step on them or smash them, i hate bugs :@,  but sometimes, rare times i let them go

RE: Do you stomp on bugs/insects? by user27089 on 11-03-2005 at 08:27 PM

Negro_Joe cannot stand moths, at one point, we were about to go on holiday, and there was a moth in the car, we were all screaming in the car trying to get the bug out for about 20 minutes, it was like 3:30am! It was hilarious, in the end, I got it out when we were driving...

I still stand by what I said that they have more right than us by the way, and like said, they inhabited the Earth before we did, surely, we invaded their space, they don't invade ours... We invaded this entire earth... Too much... Deforestation etc? what right do we have...