Shoutbox

My Received Files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: My Received Files (/showthread.php?tid=52509)

My Received Files by kierant on 11-02-2005 at 12:45 AM

OK so the My Received Files icon is just a regular folder icon. Seeing as it's specific to msn, it would be better if it had a more relevent icon.

I was thinking something like [Image: msnicon1et.jpg] that fits in with the My Music, My Documents, My Videos, My Blah etc...that have a particular image in the folder.

Obviously it would be a lot better than what I just came up with in 30 seconds on Paint :D

Anyone know fo an existing icon or prepared to make one?

RE: My Received Files by Lou on 11-02-2005 at 01:14 AM

what I suggest for this is use the actual msn messenger icon for it:P

RE: RE: My Received Files by kierant on 11-02-2005 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
what I suggest for this is use the actual msn messenger icon for it:P

Well yeah but then tht doesn't fit in with the rest of the folders in My Documents (I'm quite anal about things being consistent).
RE: My Received Files by lizard.boy on 11-02-2005 at 03:23 AM

download xp folders from http://foood.net

RE: My Received Files by CookieRevised on 11-02-2005 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Anyone know fo an existing icon
When you right click on the folder and choose properties > change/adapt/3rd tab, and choose "other icon" on the bottom, you'll get a list of available icons in %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll.

Can't you find your icon there? If not, there are also other system DLL's which contain such icons. Try some out (in fact most DLL's you'll find in system32 include icons you can use)...

Other than that, happy creating and/or searching (like the ones listed by lizard.boy) ;)

RE: RE: My Received Files by kierant on 11-02-2005 at 03:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Anyone know fo an existing icon
When you right click on the folder and choose properties > change/adapt/3rd tab, and choose "other icon" on the bottom, you'll get a list of available icons in %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll.

Can't you find your icon there? If not, there are also other system DLL's which contain such icons. Try some out (in fact most DLL's you'll find in system32 include icons you can use)...

Other than that, happy creating and/or searching (like the ones listed by lizard.boy) ;)

I did actually search in that dll file in the proeprties but no luck. The website that lizard.boy has a pack specifically for folders and there is actually a My Received Files icon there (with the butterfly, not the MSN guy) so I'll use that.

Thanks both