Shoutbox

help my brother/soccer talk - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: help my brother/soccer talk (/showthread.php?tid=52511)

help my brother/soccer talk by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 01:49 AM

ok my brother is the coach of a soccer team, and hes on charge of everything related to the it, so i am lookig for some kind of paper or anything that organizes player names, may be it sould the picture of a soccer field, something that can be print out and help him keep the team organize. get my point?

RE: help my brother (soccer) by kierant on 11-02-2005 at 01:57 AM

He could just create a basic spreadsheet. This would allow sorting by name/position/ae whatever he needs and doesn't take long to set up.

Unless he wants something fancy?

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 02:00 AM

idk just something that makes everything easy to keep track of, i'll try to create something for him, and also see if anyone here comes out with something. (Y)

RE: help my brother (soccer) by Facta on 11-02-2005 at 02:05 AM

get the image of a soccer field omly with lines(no background) and using word art put the name of the player and position
and a spreadsheet from excel in ppt to make it easy to see and modify it.

RE: help my brother (soccer) by qgroessl on 11-02-2005 at 03:00 AM

Hmm... to do the spreadsheet that Facta said (s)he'd (dunno which...) do... you'd need to know the formation that he's going to use with his team.... So like... yeah... lol... The simplest way to put it would be like... 4 forwards, 3 halfbacks, 3 defense, 1 goalie... or whatever it is of course... But I think that's the most basic formation really...

[/offtopic]My favorite is a 2-5-3-1 (two forwards, 5 halfbacks, 3 defense, 1 goalie) Bit harder, and you have to have more athelitc people to run it... confusing for young players.

RE: help my brother (soccer) by Pinchichuv on 11-02-2005 at 03:15 AM

i think youre looking for something like these [Image: 0034.JPG]
you can find it at any wallmart or if you want to print it, heres another one that i found
soccer field
just delete the names.

i hope it works.

and i think the best formation its like a 2-1-3-4 ( 2 fowards, 1 between fowards and midfielders to connect, 3 midfielders and 4  defense and off course the goalkeeper)

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 05:26 AM

the 2-5-3-1 is good but as long as ur defense is strong and midfields run back and forth (Y) and i came out with this for him, simple but it works i might do more to it tonight
[Image: attachment.php?pid=559673]

RE: help my brother (soccer) by qgroessl on 11-02-2005 at 01:18 PM

I'd say that's exactly what you need... But if you want them to know which position they'll be in you'll have to number the field or something...  That would be the easiest in my opinion... Everybody has a number infront of them... put their number on the corrosponding place on the field... and there ya go! You'll know who is where.

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 06:30 PM

yea i am making copies and he will be writing on them i think, so i say its enough :D

RE: help my brother (soccer) by user27089 on 11-02-2005 at 06:38 PM

maybe you should go to the lengths of getting one printed one a wipable board... It really would cost that much, I mean one where you put dry-wipe marker on, and can wipe it off with a cloth...

It would save all of the paper, and would be easy to do... You could even use some paints to draw the football pitch on etc.

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 06:41 PM

i know but this temporary only he will get something like in future time i thnk

RE: help my brother (soccer) by albert on 11-02-2005 at 09:07 PM

May I ask how old is the team he's coaching?

To be honest.. and I truly dont mean to be mean, but ive been a coach for different sports, including 2 soccer teams and one basketball one.. I gotta say.. if ur bro can't even do paperwork by himself.. he might have difficulty training a team.. :S

im sorry if it sounds mean, it's not meant to..

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 09:20 PM

is not that he cant, he game me the idea of wat he wanted he just wasnt able to do it at his hous because he doesnt have a printer, but sended me the file with names and everything else. he coaches like 1st devision team, since its winter here (almost) they play indor :P in a big dome. he plays too:P he has won many trophies for idk how u say it "player that scores more goal on the season", like 3 or 4 championships he has played since he was like 13 now he is 24 so he has quite of practice, like when we moved from El Salvador to the US he didnt wanna leave cus he was getting like a contract sing to travel to south america and play for money but then things got bad and we had to leaver El Salvador. 

RE: help my brother (soccer) by albert on 11-02-2005 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
is not that he cant, he game me the idea of wat he wanted he just wasnt able to do it at his hous because he doesnt have a printer, but sended me the file with names and everything else. he coaches like 1st devision team, since its winter here (almost) they play indor :P in a big dome. he plays too:P he has won many trophies for idk how u say it "player that scores more goal on the season", like 3 or 4 championships he has played since he was like 13 now he is 24 so he has quite of practice, like when we moved from El Salvador to the US he didnt wanna leave cus he was getting like a contract sing to travel to south america and play for money but then things got bad and we had to leaver El Salvador.

ok that explains it then, I thought it was his first job.. well anyways, I wish him goodluck :)
RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 09:49 PM

thanks all for ur help

RE: help my brother (soccer) by John Anderton on 11-03-2005 at 06:32 AM

My best idea would be to take a marker and a white coloured board .... write on it and rub it :cheesy:

And for a future references 4 - 4 - 3 pwns all
I guess 3 - 4 - 3 would do too if you wanna be attacking .... more attacking you say ?? Dont put more forwards .... tell your midfeilders RM and LM to go deep into the wing :D

My best scoreline was a 9 - 0 win :banana: I scored 3 ;) Tho i have scored more than 4 only once (5 goals ... we won 6 - 3)

RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 06:39 AM

i never knew there were so many soccer players here :D i always watch the english leage, the spanish leage, champions leage, UEFA, i swear Europe has the best soccer in the world i wish i could go see my fav team one day :D Real  Madrid (Y)

RE: help my brother (soccer) by Stigmata on 11-03-2005 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
My best idea would be to take a marker and a white coloured board .... write on it and rub it :cheesy:

And for a future references 4 - 4 - 3 pwns all
I guess 3 - 4 - 3 would do too if you wanna be attacking .... more attacking you say ?? Dont put more forwards .... tell your midfeilders RM and LM to go deep into the wing :D

hmmm we have been playing 3 - 5 -2 recently. 3 in centre midfield, because it allows for a Chelsea like play of maybe 1 attacking while 2 stay back and defend when play breaks down.

quote:
My best scoreline was a 9 - 0 win :banana: I scored 3 ;) Tho i have scored more than 4 only once (5 goals ... we won 6 - 3)

17 - 2

Scored 7 :)
and thats the most number of goals Ive scored in a competitive match.

Anyway...

Good luck to your brothers team ;)
RE: help my brother (soccer) by John Anderton on 11-03-2005 at 07:41 AM

quote:
i never knew there were so many soccer players here :D i always watch the english leage, the spanish leage, champions leage, UEFA, i swear Europe has the best soccer in the world i wish i could go see my fav team one day :D Real  Madrid (Y)
Real sux for buying a lop sided team :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
17 - 2

Scored 7
You pwn me ..... i cant get past 5 :sad: Or mabbe your opposition just sucked .... my oposition never sucked enough to put in 17 lol
Yeah .... but u are teh pwnz0r :bow:

quote:
hmmm we have been playing 3 - 5 -2 recently. 3 in centre midfield, because it allows for a Chelsea like play of maybe 1 attacking while 2 stay back and defend when play breaks down.
Chelsea style play > *
But you should have good wingers to support. They should whip in good crosses but there should be someone to slot it in as well (at which real suck cause most of them cant head that well)
RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 07:46 AM

has any of you had the oportunity to watch a professional soccer match? either international teams or like european? i watched Los Angeles Galxie Vs Minnesota Thunders once :P thye are MLS here in the US

RE: help my brother (soccer) by Stigmata on 11-03-2005 at 07:47 AM

quote:
has any of you had the oportunity to watch a professional soccer match? either international teams or like european? i watched Los Angeles Galxie Vs Minnesota Thunders once :P thye are MLS here in the US

I'll take a picture of my ticket wall for you guys later :P ;)
RE: help my brother (soccer) by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 07:51 AM

quote:
quote:

17 - 2

Scored 7

You pwn me ..... i cant get past 5  Or mabbe your opposition just sucked .... my oposition never sucked enough to put in 17 lol
Yeah .... but u are teh pwnz0r

show offs, the more goals that i have score are 4 in one game, it was in the last game i played. i just quite my soccer team they wanted to sell my to a bad soccer team, so i quited and im goin to look for another time myself. Somebody knows a good team that are looking for players :P

quote:
MLS here in the US

The MLS suck, i remmember in the first years the changed a lot of rules, i really dont like the style that the MLS has
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Weyzza on 11-03-2005 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
The MLS suck, i remmember in the first years the changed a lot of rules, i really dont like the style that the MLS has
Mexican league sucks more :p
imo, they can't play fairly. Every time I watch a match on TV, they do (careless) tackles more than American football players do in an football game.
RE: RE: help my brother (soccer) by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 08:01 AM

quote:

yeah is not so exiting, like the shot outs they used to have instead of penalties:S, thats why i pay to watch almost all soccer from Europe (Y)
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by John Anderton on 11-03-2005 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv[quote=guanako
MLS here in the US

EPL (English Premier League) is good (Y) So is SPL (Spanish Premiera Liga) Those are fun to watch but my favorite tournament has to be the Champions League (Which is only rivaled by The World Cup once in 4 years :tongue:)

Even tho im a Man U fan i have to say Chelsea have a good chance the way they are playing :P
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 08:05 AM

quote:
EPL (English Premier League) is good  So is SPL (Spanish Premiera Liga) Those are fun to watch but my favorite tournament has to be the Champions League (Which is only rivaled by The World Cup once in 4 years )

Even tho im a Man U fan i have to say Chelsea have a good chance the way they are playing 

yeah the EPL and SPL are great Leagues, i love to watch them, and the Champions League its a great Tournament, i think that one spanish team its gonna win it
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 08:06 AM

all of u in Europe are lucky to have the best soccer of the world near you :D, i watched FC Barcelona today it won 5- 0 score 1st goal on the first half before 40 secs of playing, you dont see that very often her in the Americas:P

also cant wait for Germany 2006 :D thats one more thing i want to do, go to a world cup, that would be nice 
[Image: germany_2006.gif]

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 08:10 AM

quote:
all of u in Europe are lucky to have the best soccer of the world near you , i watched FC Barcelona today it won 4- 0 score 1st goal on the first half before 40 secs of playing, you dont see that very often her in the Americas

Barcelona won 5 - 0

i know Europe has te best leagues in the world
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by John Anderton on 11-03-2005 at 08:11 AM

quote:
yeah the EPL and SPL are great Leagues, i love to watch them, and the Champions League its a great Tournament, i think that one spanish team its gonna win it
My dad wants that too but Real wont win They always screw up ¬¬

quote:
all of u in Europe are lucky to have the best soccer of the world near you :D, i watched FC Barcelona today it won 4- 0 score 1st goal on the first half before 40 secs of playing, you dont see that very often her in the Americas:P
Do you have any idea how much it costs for one good seat ?? :P
Btw .... im not a european =p I watch it on tv late at night (well the champions league starts at 12.30 am :-/) Epl is in the evening or at nite .... not too late =p
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 08:13 AM

i dont know how much, im not in Europe(i swish:P) may be some of this guys can tell us, and be kind enough to convert it to U$D :D

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Do you have any idea how much it costs for one good seat ??

well i say about 100 - 150 dlls

quote:
My dad wants that too but Real wont win They always screw up ¬¬

Real Madrid or Barcelona are gonna win
RE: help my brother/soccer talk by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 08:17 AM

na, i dont think is that much, is not concert :P actully concerts are cheaper but who knows, i would say about $70 dollars for a decent seat:D 

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Stigmata on 11-03-2005 at 05:15 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=560394]

:)

Edit: Don't worry, changing the wallpaper soon :P

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 06:19 PM

quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=560394]

:)

Edit: Don't worry, changing the wallpaper soon :P

WTF????

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Stigmata on 11-03-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:

WTF????

quote:
quote:

I'll take a picture of my ticket wall for you guys later :P ;)

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 07:05 PM

wow cool so how much are they?

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Pinchichuv on 11-03-2005 at 08:22 PM

damn, how many games have you gone too?

RE: help my brother/soccer talk by Stigmata on 11-03-2005 at 08:57 PM

quite a few :P

got some wales + england internationals tickets there as well :)