Shoutbox

[SUG] Change of contacts' personal message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [SUG] Change of contacts' personal message (/showthread.php?tid=52513)

[SUG] Change of contacts' personal message by saintgtril on 11-02-2005 at 02:21 AM

Hi everyone,

notice that event logs do detect when there is a change of the contacts' personal message. But there is no toast on this.

Wondering can we have a toast(notification) for this? Ayone share the same sentiments?

RE: Change of contacts' personal message by kittymew on 11-03-2005 at 08:41 PM

I personally wouldnt like one..as long as i can see on the event logs i am happy.Toasts i only see if i am watching comp..which 80% of the time I am not..:)...But you do have a valid question I am sure many other people would find it useful.:)

RE: Change of contacts' personal message by DJKAL on 11-03-2005 at 09:52 PM

yup - i would like the idea - would be nice to be told when a contact changes how they think {this is quit often what PM's contain - for me anyway!}

RE: Change of contacts' personal message by qgroessl on 11-03-2005 at 10:31 PM

Well... if somebody would make a plug-in... I'd probably use it.

BUT! They'd have to make it so that you can ignore it if people are listening to music... as seeing one every 4 minutes from the same person would get annoying... and if more than one person is listening to music you could get pretty much flooded.

RE: Change of contacts' personal message by saintgtril on 12-11-2005 at 05:22 AM

Wonder can anyone sheds some lights, pertaining to the mentioned? Or any plug in in the works on this?

RE: Change of contacts' personal message by Sunshine on 12-11-2005 at 12:30 PM

This might be a good addition to Plus! Notifications (rightclick contact > plus extras > notifications). Currently there's notifications for Offline, Statuschange, Namechange and Online.

Put [SUG] in the threadtitle (so Patchou notices this thread easily) ;)

RE: RE: Change of contacts' personal message by saintgtril on 12-11-2005 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
This might be a good addition to Plus! Notifications (rightclick contact > plus extras > notifications). Currently there's notifications for Offline, Statuschange, Namechange and Online.

Put [SUG] in the threadtitle (so Patchou notices this thread easily) ;)

cool :D :o) thanks for the tip. kind of odd, i find this, as Patchou will have thought of this, wondering why this 'change of private message notification' is not implemented *-)
RE: [SUG] Change of contacts' personal message by Sunshine on 12-11-2005 at 12:59 PM

You're welcome :)

Patchou comes up with many nice features, but he can't think of everything..we can help out with that ;)