Shoutbox

dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open (/showthread.php?tid=52548)

dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by TheMusicPirate on 11-02-2005 at 05:20 PM

it just won´t open! when i push the eject button, it does nothing, when i push it again, the light on it blinks as if i closed it... help.

i restarted the computer and it still doesn't do anything.

RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by Reaper on 11-02-2005 at 06:20 PM

do the lights on the front of the the drive light up when you turn on the computer or when you press the button?

RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by DJKAL on 11-02-2005 at 06:48 PM

have you moved your PC lately?

EDIT: it is possable if you have moved it then a cd/dvd could have become jammed with in the drive jamming it stopping it from opening - think back to check if there was a media disc in the drive and if you have moved you r PC lately.
this has happened to me before.

RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by stoshrocket on 11-02-2005 at 07:02 PM

start
-> control panel
->printers and other hardware
->system (under see also)
->device manager (under the hardware tab)
->cd/dvd drives (drop down the list and click of the driver your on about)
-> go to the menu whislt its selected and click properties
-> it should tell you the drivers status, post that for me

RE: RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by DJKAL on 11-02-2005 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
start
-> control panel
->printers and other hardware
->system (under see also)
->device manager (under the hardware tab)
->cd/dvd drives (drop down the list and click of the driver your on about)
-> go to the menu whislt its selected and click properties
-> it should tell you the drivers status, post that for me

even if there is a problem with connections - the lights are showing as on so power is been received meaning it should open!
RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by Jhrono on 11-02-2005 at 08:04 PM

Even though the lights go on, open the pc and check the cables..

RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by pollolibredegrasa on 11-02-2005 at 10:08 PM

And if all else fails, you could always try the emergency eject button...if it has one that is (you'd need something small and thin, like a paperclip ;))

Click HERE for an example.

RE: dvd writer/cd write combo drive won't open by Purity on 11-02-2005 at 10:35 PM

Holy crap, that is handy, wish i knew that last month!