Shoutbox

Cannot log into Hotmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cannot log into Hotmail (/showthread.php?tid=52558)

Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-02-2005 at 09:13 PM

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem.  I just started at a new company and I have no problem accessing MSN but I cannot check my hotmail.  When I click on hotmail I get a blank page and at the bottom it says Done but there is nothing there.

At the beginning I thought that perhaps they had blocked access but I find it weird that they would block hotmail but not MSN which is usually the case.

Does any one have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by absorbation on 11-02-2005 at 09:46 PM

What browser is the company using?

Did you sign in from hotmail.com or using msn inbox check?

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-03-2005 at 02:54 AM

The company is using Internet Explorer - and I tried accessing the hotmail from both hotmail.com and the msn inbox check.  Same thing happens with both.

Strange - right??

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by thc2010 on 11-03-2005 at 02:55 AM

they probly blocked the website.. use a proxy... that should help. If it works at home, and not at thier computers.. its obvius that they probly blocked it.. but thats just my opinion on it

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-03-2005 at 03:00 AM

how do I use a proxy?

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-03-2005 at 03:05 AM

If I tried another browser would it make a difference and could I use two different browsers on my computer?

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Supersonicdarky on 11-03-2005 at 03:05 AM

something like www.the-cloak.com :undecided:

RE: RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by thc2010 on 11-03-2005 at 03:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kally
how do I use a proxy?

http://www.megaproxy.com/

Nothing else works?
chances are that if your company is realy strict or smart, they will probly block proxy sites.. so if this happens, you can do one of two things. Download and install HideIP (program) pirate it or download legal w/e its ur choice.. or, you can sign up for a php enabled webhost and download a php proxy script or a cgi proxy script, and type of web language proxy script will do. Once downloaded, upload to your htdocs or cgi-bin dipending on ur server.

With Hide IP you'll need to have administrator rights to install or it wont install, so do this if that happens (Istall it to your Home HD then look for the DIR (the HideIP Folder) and put it on a thumb drive then run it using ur hd. In theory this should work since it doesnt need anything from the registry to run. I could be wrong about this method

Another way to install things on your Work/School comp is by renaming the exe's with something that has permision to be opened. (ie: change setup.exe to winword.exe) Only works with Vcasel administration lock - could work for other software similar to vcasel designed to lock downa  computer.
RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-03-2005 at 03:30 AM

Isn't strange through that they would block hotmail and not MSN.  Most companies I know block MSN.

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by thc2010 on 11-03-2005 at 03:44 AM

my school doesnt block MSN cuz of thier news and search engine. Thats the only reson i can think of

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by Kally on 11-03-2005 at 01:32 PM

Okay thanks - I guess I`ll have to live with it then.

RE: Cannot log into Hotmail by qgroessl on 12-02-2005 at 04:22 PM

Bleh... any more of these proxies I can try?... My school computer first blocked MSN today.... and now I can't get on any webmessengers or anything!.... All those proxy sites are blocked.