Shoutbox

help me decide - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: help me decide (/showthread.php?tid=52564)

help me decide by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 12:40 AM

ok, there is this girl that i know and she asked me if wanted to go to a dance with her, i known her for some time now, but i like her as a friend only, but she thinks diff she always liked me(you have no idea how bad she 'wants' me) :S, and idk if go with her or not, the dance is in a town like 40 mins away from my house,  where you guys come in handy here is i want some advise in how to act and get around her questions or things she might do, thinkin that i went with her for another reason besides just having fun at the dace. feel free to ask me about her i really need help on this

RE: help me decide by prashker on 11-03-2005 at 12:43 AM

Your 18 :P I didnt know that.

Well just go to make her happy. But if she 'wants' you so badly have her pay.

RE: help me decide by Lou on 11-03-2005 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Your 18 I didnt know that.
your 18..decide yourself! j/k;)
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
But if she 'wants' you so badly have her pay.
kids these days..tut tut

What I think you should do is simply tell her that you just dont want your relationship to be more than this. sure i might be only 14 but I have been put in the most awkward situations in my life you cant even imagine.

Tell her that it just wouldnt work...you just dont want her the way she wants you and you cant do anything about that and you want her only as a friend.
RE: help me decide by brian on 11-03-2005 at 12:48 AM

Go out; have fun with her, why not?

I've went out alot with girls as a friendship, and they too think it's a friendship, it's liking going to the mall with your friends; you don't "love" them. =p

RE: help me decide by Lou on 11-03-2005 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nvez
Go out; have fun with her, why not?

I've went out alot with girls as a friendship, and they too think it's a friendship, it's liking going to the mall with your friends; you don't "love" them. =p
cheers to that. couldnt have said it better.

but make sure they know you are just there for fun:)
RE: help me decide by Weyzza on 11-03-2005 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
What I think you should do is simply tell her that you just dont want your relationship to be more than this (...)

Tell her that it just wouldnt work...you just dont want her the way she wants you and you cant do anything about that and you want her only as a friend.
I personally would not recommend that unless you know for sure that she really likes you.
Girls are likely hurt most if you say that in their face.
Besides that, you'll be 40 minutes away from home, and you prolly don't know what to do if she feels pissed up :p

Don't say that she likes you because of the signs given by her.
Someone in the world could misunderstand my post, right?
Same thing. Although you can see that she likes you, it doesn't always mean that she likes you.

If I were you, I will just treat her as friend.
How?
Avoid having a long conversation with her.
   Just imagine how you talk with your friends or someone you'll like.
   You pay more attention to that special person, don't you?
Show the real of you.
   If you are sloppy, don't hide that bad habit.
   If you like to fart in the public, do it -> optional (I'm just showing some extreme example :chrongue:)
RE: help me decide by Lou on 11-03-2005 at 01:17 AM

tell her before going anywhere that you wish to not go any furthur than friends:)

RE: help me decide by Juvani_D on 11-03-2005 at 01:21 AM

Hi guys! I'm new here and this is gonna be my first post. ;)

It will only cause more problem if you give her any false hope. Tell her straight that you can't give her the same thing she feels for you.

RE: help me decide by albert on 11-03-2005 at 01:33 AM

wait.. who even told u she liked u..?

Ive been invited to a tons of dances, and sadly, they not all like me :( lol but I dont care :)

anyways, my advice is to always act the way u do usually.. so if she likes u, then ur the same she likes, if she doesnt, then ur still the same :)

btw Gunako, im sorry im always ruining the mood with ur threads lol, first with the soccer now with this one... :S

RE: help me decide by guanako on 11-03-2005 at 02:33 AM

np Lp15, all of you said has been helpful, and most of u say how do i know she likes me, well she has told me lots of times, on the phone, on my face, with her friends, almost everywhere possible, and sometimes i dont even know wat to say to her, because i just dont see us as more than friends, she's just not my type, she is nice and everything but sometimes you just cant get it into ur  head. idk if this are right words to describe it but (sight) i think she is like obsessed with me:S. she even wants me to go with her this weekend to help her choose a dress, when i dont even know if im going with her yet.

RE: help me decide by albert on 11-03-2005 at 02:47 AM

obsessed is how we write it..
back to ur issue I wouldn't know.. a bell rings in my head saying u should probably make it clear to her.. that u dont like her more than u like a friend.. as painful as this sound, I think honesty is the best thing.. be straight with her, be careful not to hurt her, but be sure she understands that yes u r her friend and will always be there for her, but that's it.. not more..

sorry if I cant help more than that..

RE: help me decide by SikStyles on 11-06-2005 at 12:01 AM

i know this may come rude and a little childish but i cant help myself really :P do you have pictures, just to see how does she look like :grin: [/offtopic]

ok so if you dont want to live on like this just be honest with her, take a walk and tell her how you feel or something, now what you're doing is just playing with her in a way, she doesnt know how you feel and she doesnt want to move on either because she doesnt know what you think.

What im saying is go to this thing with her, take a private walk/talk and tell her how you feel.

RE: help me decide by guanako on 11-06-2005 at 12:07 AM

ok offtopic here is a pidture of her she is the one on the.....(drums..) left :^)i talk to her frien too(right) and she has told me that she is really exited about going with me to that dance, because many of her friends know and they all think that i am super hot:S:S and all of them want to go to taht dance so they can see me :S :S:S:S:S:S:S i dunno wat to do :S
[Image: attachment.php?pid=561504]

RE: help me decide by user27089 on 11-06-2005 at 12:07 AM

You may aswell go out and have a good time, regardless if you only like her as a friend. Simply going to a dance with her won't change anything. Although, if she tries anything, then it might become awkward, so I would try your hardest not to lead her on in anyway, you might give her the wrong impressions then she might try something...

Or of course, you could always give her the "our friendship means a lot to us, and I wouldn't want to ruin it..." chat? That always seems to make things a whole lot better after an awkward situation, or before an awkward situation has even arose...

Just make sure she knows how you feel about the whole "situation" before the dance, would be the best...

RE: help me decide by Joe on 11-06-2005 at 12:17 AM

tell her straight up how it is.

RE: help me decide by SikStyles on 11-06-2005 at 12:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jow cool
tell her straight up how it is.

yes, i said once it and i'll say it again, tell_her_how_it_is
RE: help me decide by ShawnZ on 11-06-2005 at 12:43 AM

If she's eighteen too, I highly doubt she understands the whole concept of a 'relationship' yet.

RE: help me decide by paperless on 11-06-2005 at 12:52 AM

You shouldnt go with her.. or before going you should have a long coonversation with her..

Otherwise you will give her hopes and thats not good...

She could turn obssessive about you and make your life a hell.. lol

RE: help me decide by mTimmo on 11-06-2005 at 12:53 AM

To: ShawnZ

dude, people live together when they are 14-..
and sexlife begins much sooner too.

RE: help me decide by dotNorma on 11-06-2005 at 03:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mTimmo
To: ShawnZ

dude, people live together when they are 14-..
and sexlife begins much sooner too.

But that doesnt mean they knows anything about a real relationship.

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
she even wants me to go with her this weekend to help her choose a dress
Thats doesnt really mean anything at all, Ive gone with lots of friends to pick out their dresses :-/

Anyhow, if you enjoy having a friendship with her, go and just have some fun.
RE: help me decide by paperless on 11-06-2005 at 03:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
If she's eighteen too, I highly doubt she understands the whole concept of a 'relationship' yet.

That depends a lot on the person, some know what it is before 18, some just on 30 +, it really depends, you cant classify it by age.
RE: help me decide by Discrate on 11-06-2005 at 03:46 AM

its just a school dance go with her and tell her that we are going as friends

RE: help me decide by Rubber Stamp on 11-06-2005 at 09:00 AM

yeah tel her that u just wanna be frends before going, ask her straight in her face wat she really feels. also, there is something called platonic relationships(sp?).
edit: best of all, tel her ur gay.(lol)