Shoutbox

MSNM freezes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSNM freezes (/showthread.php?tid=52585)

MSNM freezes by Reaper on 11-03-2005 at 09:50 PM

well from the title you can tell that my msn crashes but its not a proper crash if you know what i mean. basically, whenever i open a new conversation or window, or a contact starts a conversation the MSNM app freezes aswell as the convo windows. it happens for a few seconds then unfreezes and is perfectly normal
any ideas?

RE: MSNM freezes by qgroessl on 11-03-2005 at 09:51 PM

Is your computer running slowly during that? or just MSN. You could try and kill some unneeded processes...

RE: MSNM freezes by Reaper on 11-03-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Is your computer running slowly during that? or just MSN. You could try and kill some unneeded processes...
its just MSN. well most of my processes i need, but there some im not sure about
RE: MSNM freezes by Ezra on 11-08-2005 at 07:43 PM

I'm having almost the same problem.

But my MSNM crashes on startup, when loggin in, it just stops...

I tried MSNM 7.5 & MSNM 7.0
and somehow Windows Messenger won't start either.

I also uninstalled Plus!

Nothing seems to work :(

I installed 512 MB of RAM, that's when it started...

EDIT: Just removed the RAM again and it works again.

What should I do???

EDIT2: Restarted MSN and got the same thing, tried a system restore, MSN worked again, but registry was f*cked up, so I had to repair MSN to be abled to install Plus!, and guess what... the same thing...

Well, I guess I can put the extra ram back, as MSN doesn't work with or without it...

EDIT3: Put the RAM back in, when I start MSNM with my second account it lags for like ~5 min and then starts normally, with my first account it takes like ~15 min to start.

I deleted my Documents and Application Data/MSN Messenger folder too, but that didn't help. Also cleared out the registry and reinstalled after that also no avail.

RE: MSNM freezes by Reaper on 11-09-2005 at 04:19 PM

tihs problem is really annoying lol. now ive realised that it will freeze some of the other applications aswell just to open a convo :|