Shoutbox

is this allowed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: is this allowed (/showthread.php?tid=52597)

is this allowed by Discrate on 11-04-2005 at 04:01 AM

i have found out that you can download msn 8.0 but you cant sighn into it well i just checked mess B and they have this thing where it lets you sighn in. Is this allowed becuase the beta testers havent even got it yet?

RE: is this allowed by kierant on 11-04-2005 at 04:12 AM

No, not allowed buddy. It's not worth doing anyway (if you were considering it). It's still in Alpha and won't be particularly functional/may have bugs.

RE: is this allowed by Discrate on 11-04-2005 at 04:13 AM

well could mess B  be sued or anything?

RE: is this allowed by kierant on 11-04-2005 at 04:17 AM

They won't be sued. If you check the WLM Blog you will see that the team have suggested people don't use hacked versions so they obviously know they exist (as well as TheBlasphemer openly admitteing he'd created a proxy so that he could use the eaked version :D ).

RE: is this allowed by Discrate on 11-04-2005 at 04:22 AM

but whats the point of the beta testers then if everyone else can get into it?

i think there is no point then?

RE: is this allowed by Hank on 11-04-2005 at 04:23 AM

naughty naughty TB

RE: is this allowed by x2zen on 11-04-2005 at 06:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
but whats the point of the beta testers then if everyone else can get into it?

i think there is no point then?
The beta testers can use the original Live Messenger 8, but everyone else need to hack the program before they can sign in. The beta testers can signin with MSNP13 (The protocol Live Messenger 8 uses), the rest of us need to use MSNP12 (The protocol MSN Messenger 7.5 uses).

So there is actually a big difference between the beta testers and the ones who download the leaked version.
RE: is this allowed by Tochjo on 11-04-2005 at 03:52 PM

Apart from that, beta testers have ways to get into touch with the Messenger team. Their feedback is very valuable. Users who use leaked builds do not have the possibility of giving feedback.

RE: is this allowed by thc2010 on 11-04-2005 at 04:16 PM

so people are actualy aplha testing it... wow i thought apha testing is only ment for developers. Wouldnt this be consitered warez then? even if the software is free. So whats mess.be doing with it on thier site

RE: is this allowed by user27089 on 11-04-2005 at 04:19 PM

Leaked betas/alphas are simply leaked programs, they aren't warez. It is exactly the same, it will always be a leak... Warez is when you download programs that you are usually supposed to pay for, but get for free illegally.

RE: is this allowed by thc2010 on 11-04-2005 at 04:28 PM

ic... well thnx for clearing that up then :D also in my opinion the alpha version of 8.0 is still ugly lol so to me, its not realy worth the download, unless someone made a cool lookin skin for it that beats msn wave 11 skin for 7.5