Shoutbox

cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window (/showthread.php?tid=52598)

cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by guanako on 11-04-2005 at 05:16 AM

i cant find the extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window, and open all links in diff tabs. can anyonw tell me where i can get it:D

RE: cant find it :S by kierant on 11-04-2005 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i cant find the extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window, and open all links in diff tabs. can anyonw tell me where i can get it:D

Tools > Options > Tabbed Browsing > Load web browser pages in 'NEW TAB'.

I thought this was default?
RE: cant find it :S by Discrate on 11-04-2005 at 05:20 AM

file/ new tab

RE: cant find it :S by guanako on 11-04-2005 at 05:22 AM

found it nevermind, any know knows of one like this for IE, so u only run one window of it?

RE: cant find it :S by Discrate on 11-04-2005 at 05:24 AM

oh well in the new FF version 1.5rc1 u can go to  file/ new tab

RE: cant find it :S by guanako on 11-04-2005 at 05:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
oh well in the new FF version 1.5rc1 u can go to  file/ new tab
o i know, but wat i want is on IE if i have a window of it open and i click a short cut on my desktop it will open as a neww tab on the alreay existing window, not a new window
RE: cant find it :S by rav0 on 11-05-2005 at 07:23 AM

* rav0 wants this too

PS I think this thread deserves a better title.

RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by -dt- on 11-05-2005 at 10:15 AM

Tab Mix Plus , its an extention just for configuring tabs.
in options enable "single window mode"
http://tmp.garyr.net/

RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by John Anderton on 11-05-2005 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Tools > Options > Tabbed Browsing > Load web browser pages in 'NEW TAB'.

I thought this was default?
no its not
RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by rav0 on 11-05-2005 at 10:54 AM

I'm going to start a new thread about doing this in Internet Explorer.

RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by guanako on 11-05-2005 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
* rav0 wants this too

wat do you sujest ? we all go to you new thread? fine with me;)

RE: RE: cant find it :S by n0n4m3 on 11-05-2005 at 08:36 PM

quote:
found it nevermind, any know knows of one like this for IE, so u only run one window of it?

Well, maybe it's a bit late to answer this but since there are people posting here, for IE there is this program Maxthon that it's based on the IE engine. Tried it long time ago, it was nice, but don't use it now since the only pages I open in IE are those that FF can't open well.
RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by guanako on 11-05-2005 at 09:15 PM

i tried maxthon it was good and everything but it didnt allowed me to have diff users with diff default browser.

RE: RE: cant find extension for FF 1.0.7 that allows u to have open only one window by rav0 on 11-06-2005 at 03:22 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
* rav0 wants this too

wat do you sujest ? we all go to you new thread? fine with me;)

I was talking about when the thread was titled "cant find it", but yes, going to my new thread is good :p.