Shoutbox

Humble Request - DZ :P - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Humble Request - DZ :P (/showthread.php?tid=52617)

Humble Request - DZ :P by matty on 11-04-2005 at 03:25 PM

DZ Here are a few suggestions for you.

First one is quite simple. On the UserCP can you add a [Find] link beside the post counter? This will make finding our own posts that much easier instead of having to view our profile (raising the views on it) or typing in our username into the search.

The next is on the UserCP it would be nice to have the recent reputation activity say like last 5 or last 10. So it shows %User% removed rep or %User% gave +1 rep. Its annoying when one day you have X many reps and the next day your missing some.

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by WDZ on 11-04-2005 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
On the UserCP can you add a [Find] link beside the post counter?
OK, no problem.
quote:
%User% removed rep or %User% gave +1 rep
Hmm... well, removals are not logged, so there's no way for MyBB to know who deleted a rep or when. Basically, what you see on the first page of your reputation report is all the latest activity. :-/

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by matty on 11-04-2005 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Hmm... well, removals are not logged, so there's no way for MyBB to know who deleted a rep or when. Basically, what you see on the first page of your reputation report is all the latest activity.
Sunshine was saying instead of removing it what about making the rep become neutral?
RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by WDZ on 11-04-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Sunshine was saying instead of removing it what about making the rep become neutral?
So basically just completely remove the ability to delete? :^)

I dunno about that...
RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by Sunshine on 11-04-2005 at 05:05 PM

Neutral has no impact on the repcount...it could just turn into a blank neutral to avoid people flaming about it.

I've been thinking about all this and the basic issue is how to prevent people arguing about it...esp those reading reps of others...if possible you could make them dissapear after a certain amount of days, a delete with delay so to speak?

Edit: might be an idea to have an autodelete (after a few days) on every empty rep given (if one can give an empty rep that is)...

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by L. Coyote on 11-04-2005 at 05:17 PM

The first suggestion is good. (y)

As for rep logging and disabling instant rep deletion... Pffff! :p

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by John Anderton on 11-04-2005 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
The first suggestion is good. (y)

As for rep logging and disabling instant rep deletion... Pffff! :p
Agreed ....
and the original mybb shows the recent reps that you have got correct ?? Imo it doesnt look all that good :P
Just leave it the way it is .... imo
But the 1st idea is nice :)
RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by matty on 11-04-2005 at 05:30 PM

Reason why I among others would like rep logging is because we are constantly loosing reps without being given a negative or one being changed. This way we will know what happened.

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by L. Coyote on 11-04-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Reason why I among others would like rep logging is because we are constantly loosing reps without being given a negative or one being changed. This way we will know what happened.
Maybe WDZ deleted them? Maybe the member thought giving a neg was not necessary but they also didn't want to give a neu or pos? I dunno, everyone has their own reasons. It's not like it's the end of the world if someone has lost a rep. :p
RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by Ezra on 11-04-2005 at 07:09 PM

I think the idea about removing the ability to delete is good.

Just change it to a neutral if you don't think a + or - is good anymore.
This way you can read why they removed the + or -

RE: Humble Request - DZ :P by Sunshine on 11-04-2005 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Maybe WDZ deleted them? Maybe the member thought giving a neg was not necessary but they also didn't want to give a neu or pos? I dunno, everyone has their own reasons. It's not like it's the end of the world if someone has lost a rep. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I think the idea about removing the ability to delete is good.

Just change it to a neutral if you don't think a + or - is good anymore.
This way you can read why they removed the + or -
I'm not asking for reasons why people remove a rep, i will respect that they have without even asking about it. It's not ment to bitch to that person over loosing the rep or whatever, it's just to satisfy the curiousity as to wich one has dissapeared.

Also the votes changed to neutral in a delayed removal system won't have to stay, all we ask for is a chance to see wich one was removed (without having to bother an admin about it). It can even stay at the position it was in the list (not get on top because it was edited, if it stays at same position it's even better because it will still be somewhat hidden to the public)...we can browse through the pages. If they get deleted after a few days then the rep pages will be clean again and nobody will ever see who once gave who a rep and removed it.