Shoutbox

Your most horrible memory in a medical examination - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination (/showthread.php?tid=52636)

Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-04-2005 at 09:13 PM

Hi everyone
Everything is in the title :)
When I speak about medical examination I mean an administrative stuff, like for example at school, for work, for driving licence...

Ok Thanks in advance for your replies

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Voldemort on 11-04-2005 at 09:59 PM

when the doc pushed a hmmm flat wooden  stick, i dunno how its called, and i pucked...

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Exca on 11-05-2005 at 09:56 AM

When the doctor had to take some blood and he had to try 3 times on each arm before he was actually in my vein and by then my arms went blue... On top of that I needed to go to ER immediately because of a crucial appendix :s

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 11:43 AM

For me, it was a medical examination for driving licence.
Since I have a SSD (Single Sided Deafness) I had to go to a medical commission.

I am the only girl between men in a middle age, two of them were totally drunk at 08:00am !! :S
So after an ophtalmologic exam and an urine sample :|:S I have to be in front of 3 GP, in underwear :S :$ and BTW, they were only men (no offense guys ! :P).
First of all I had to reply to stupid questions :
1) Why I was there ? (SSD)
2) If I've ever been in hospital in my life (only for a minor surgery, a screw in my head)
3) If I've ever suffer from faintness (never)
4) If I've ever suffered from epilepsy (never)
5) If I currently take medicines, and which kind (antihistaminics when I have an allergy attack)
6) If I smoke (never)
7) If I drink alcohol (I never drink alcohol even a glass of wine with lunch or dinner :P )

They tested me for strabism and for lateral seeing, then they tested me for balance.
After ? Only the classic of each medical examination :P Heart, blood pressure, weight and heigh.

Result :
1) In good health for driving despite my SSD
2) Don't panick like that
3) Don't get thinner, otherwise we'll cut you the licence :S :$ :@ :-# :^)

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Exca on 11-05-2005 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Giulia
3) Don't get thinner, otherwise we'll cut you the licence

What's your weight? :p
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
quote:

:$ 43 kilos, why ?? :O
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Exca on 11-05-2005 at 11:54 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

:$ 43 kilos, why ?? :O

Obvious they must have said it with some lame reason...
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 11:56 AM

quote:

And ?? :^)
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Exca on 11-05-2005 at 12:02 PM

quote:
quote:

And ?? :^)

He means that you are already thin ;-) and i think he said that to give you a compliment because most girls have complexes about fat and things like that
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Discrate on 11-06-2005 at 05:21 AM

when i had to have this massive needle in bali cuase i was sick you know how needles are small well this one was huge it hurt like hell

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by paperless on 11-06-2005 at 12:31 PM

( i really hated the wooden sticks as well )

I guess i never had a horrible examination...i was never afraid of doctors really..except dentists, i hate dentists they should burn in hell, they are the evil i hate 666s aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by user27089 on 11-06-2005 at 01:54 PM

I always have to have medical examinations and stuff whenever I go to the hospital, like this time:

a) had a breathing test, where I had a tube and had to stand up/sit down breathing in, breathing out, breathing hard, breathing soft, blowing all of the air out of my lungs etc...
b) had to test my height/weight and see if they were all okay...
c) had to have a series of blood tests, just to check for some more allergies and if I have any other problems with my blood...
d) I had to have 12 allergy tests, and it came up that I'm allergic to around 10 different types of things, which are: around 6 different types of trees, grass, dust, cats, dogs, brazil nuts, almonds & peanuts...

Oh yeah, and then there is the other embarassing ones :p... I had to lie on a bed while yeah, they felt me up :lol:. Then it followed with an operation, and lots of morphine (6).

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by lizard.boy on 11-06-2005 at 03:56 PM

the thing i hate the most is when i went for an allergy test, they turn over like 25-30 jars of stuff on your arm then prick each droplet with this sharp peice of metal and see if any of the things make the arm swell.

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by SikStyles on 11-06-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:
I have to be in front of 3 GP

whats GP?

and to contribute to the thread the worst memory was when i was in like 3rd or 4th grade the schools dentists called me up and sayd sit in the chair, took something from the tray and yanked 2 of my teeth out, from the bottom, they were babytooth but they werent loose, hurt a lot, she  didnt even say its going to hurt, and later on she just put cotton swabs and told me to wait, and then moved on the the next person
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-06-2005 at 05:18 PM

Hi
GP => General Practitionner (general medicine)...

Edit : just have watched in my dictionnary and it's used in both countries, US and UK.

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Varish on 11-06-2005 at 06:06 PM

When the doc. stuck a needle up me *** (some where near there anyways) and i felt it hit my bone :(, when i got out of the check up room, i had tears in my eyes (it hurt)

btw, i was 11 then

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by expert on 11-06-2005 at 06:13 PM

i got a needle in my d**k when i was 5 it hurt so bad i was crying until he gave me a lolipop:refuck:

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by lordy on 11-06-2005 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by expert
i got a needle in my d**k when i was 5 i

omg... that is so evil to do to a 5 yr old.

ive never had any bad experience! maybe im just lucky
RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Vazza on 11-06-2005 at 09:10 PM

Hmmm...I guess the worst experience for me is when I had to get a blood test done and the nurse couldn't find a vein (I have deep veins and don't give my blood up easily. Takes the folk in the in blood bank 10 mins to find one) so she sticks it in the tiniest one nearest the skin....needless to say the last thing I recall is saying...my arm's gone grey.....at that point I hit the deck apparently.

Or maybe it could be multiple blood tests and scans for 6 years until you have a name for the condition you have (I'd say what it was but it's kinda personal ;)). And why 6 years? Because my last doctor refused to do one tiny little test that would have made my life so much simpler. Just can't find the staff these days......

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Juvani_D on 11-07-2005 at 12:16 PM

Back then in college. I was asked to be totally naked and be examined by a lady doctor who was then at his late 20s.

RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-07-2005 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juvani_D
Back then in college. I was asked to be totally naked and be examined by a lady doctor who was then at his late 20s.

:O
They are really mad :@ +o( 8o|
RE: RE: Your most horrible memory in a medical examination by Giulia on 11-07-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
2) If I've ever been in hospital in my life (only for a minor surgery, a screw in my head)

Since people often ask me about this famous screw in my head, I found a page to explain that: http://www.entific.com/BahaProductDetail.asp?ProductID=103