Shoutbox

Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 (/showthread.php?tid=52675)

Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 08:25 PM

Hi everybody
I knew there was a gathering in Europe on 2004 from Sunshine's website.

I just have had another idea from what I wrote in the message for Patchou and Fraisie : I purpose that each continent organise for the same day a giant meeting.
For example at the same date all people meet each other in the same place in Western Europe, another group makes a gathering in North America, another one in Central America, another one in Asia...
Do you understand what I mean ?? :|

So first of all, Patchou, Fraisie, do you agree with the idea ??

Moreover, what ideas do you have and who can help me ??

Thanks in advance

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by user27089 on 11-05-2005 at 08:27 PM

That seems like a really good idea to me... I would love to help organise such a thing for the UK members...

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 08:29 PM

Yes but here it's for each continent... So for Western Europe where can we organize it ??
With who ??
And how ??

:-# it's the first time I organise a such big stuff and I don't know where to start. Patchou !!!!! Fraisie !!!! Members !! SOS !! :'(

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by segosa on 11-05-2005 at 08:31 PM

I don't know, it would take a lot of work to organise them at the same time.

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 08:33 PM

I know, that's why I need some help.
And that's why I need to have a member from each continent to help me because alone... :-#

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Luigi on 11-05-2005 at 08:33 PM

It would be great, but I think I won't be be present because my parents are afraid about "something" when I talk about meeting someone I know only through the net.
Good idea, however.

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Negro_Joe on 11-05-2005 at 08:38 PM

lol..

i love paintballing...:P yea i think its an excellent idea...

be a bitch to organize though..any volunteers..?

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Vazza on 11-05-2005 at 08:43 PM

I agree with Segosa, especially if you are going to the scale of continent wise, I doubt it would be possible. Because getting most people (I'm not saying all because you won't get everybody) to meet on the one day is damn near impossible. Trust me, trying to get four people in the same place at the same time is bad enough.......

But I'll wish you all the best in trying to get it off the ground.....

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Millenium_edition on 11-05-2005 at 08:49 PM

can i just ask, giulia, who are you to organise such a meeting? no one knows who you are, what you look like, how you react, whatever. no one has any idea of who you are.

next: if you want to organise such a meeting - don't try like the last attempt (= post the details in public). maybe people will remember that patchou organised the meeting by mail and iirc there was even a private site used for that.

third: who do you want to allow to join? do you honestly think you should allow freshly known members (like you, giulia) to just hop on and start talking to everyone? if you want to have a decent meeting, you should at least pick people who have a decent number of posts on the forum and/or are active on IRC (and with "active" i mean already for at least a few months).

fourth: in all continents? what's the use? :o

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by SikStyles on 11-05-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
I agree with Segosa, especially if you are going to the scale of continent wise, I doubt it would be possible. Because getting most people (I'm not saying all because you won't get everybody) to meet on the one day is damn near impossible. Trust me, trying to get four people in the same place at the same time is bad enough.......

yes indeedy. This need many things working at the same time: peoples schedules, time of arrival, where to stay, what to eat, for how long, money stuff, etc

im not tying to put you down but it does need a lot of organizing even with many people, best of luck!
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Luigi on 11-05-2005 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
can i just ask, giulia, who are you to organise such a meeting? no one knows who you are, what you look like, how you react, whatever. no one has any idea of who you are.

I think I have the idea you're searching for :P

* Luigi runs away.
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by spokes on 11-05-2005 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Giulia
each continent

w00t, go antartica
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 09:49 PM

Well I have organised as a member a meeting for another forum (it was about Koh lanta) but it was just a restaurent between members. We were 15 and it went well.
I really like to organize that kind of stuff :) but darn it's really hard !!

RE: RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza

yes indeedy. This need many things working at the same time: peoples schedules, time of arrival, where to stay, what to eat, for how long, money stuff, etc

im not tying to put you down but it does need a lot of organizing even with many people, best of luck!

That's why we have to plan it well in advance, in order to see all the stuff !!

Only for a simple restaurant I planned it two months before to be sure for schedules and that kind of stuff.
So for an European meeting we have to plan it more than 6 months before.
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Vazza on 11-05-2005 at 09:58 PM

I see a problem there already. Some people won't know what they are doing in 6 weeks in advance never mind 6 months.

quote:
Well I have organised as a member a meeting for another forum (it was about Koh lanta) but it was just a restaurent between members. We were 15 and it went well.
So you organise one, what makes you think you can go global (which is basically what you are trying to do). I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just saying that I don't think that you have quite sat calculated everything

RE: RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 10:01 PM

quote:
quote:
So you organise one, what makes you think you can go global (which is basically what you are trying to do). I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just saying that I don't think that you have quite sat calculated everything

Maybe, maybe not, but this first post is only to see what dates can be possible, if it's possible or not to do it.....

For example if it's better to organise it in winter or in spring...
What city should we be.... The beginning stuff.
When ou make a smaller stuff like "A French forum who organise a meeting" they'll choose a big city like Paris. But for a continental meeting, we don't know what city to choose as there are many more big cities than in a country.

=>for all that reasons I made this first post.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Luigi on 11-05-2005 at 10:17 PM

quote:
For example if it's better to organise it in winter or in spring...

Think that in a global meeting, it will be summer somewhere, and winter somewhere else, day here and deep night there...
I didn't thought about this before, but you made me think about it.
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by qgroessl on 11-05-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luigi
Think that in a global meeting, it will be summer somewhere, and winter somewhere else, day here and deep night there...
I didn't thought about this before, but you made me think about it.

I know I'm not going to be able to take part in it... But for my input.

Find out where the majority of the members are from... or where the majority of members are from that will take part... and fit it into their scheduales. So if the majority of the people are from Europe, and they want it in summer... make it in summer... Likewise if they want a specific time... Say, 12, noon, Then it would be 12 their time, but whatever everybody elses time.
RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by FrozenDaggers on 11-05-2005 at 10:32 PM

I think it would be better for people to gather in one place. Cause then you see the people that don't live in the same country as you which is cool. Also, it would be hard organising it, you'd have to have one 'leader/organiser' per country. So that would be difficult.

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Giulia on 11-05-2005 at 10:34 PM

Thanks for the idea, but I don't think to be so difficult to find a leader/country.

If people accept I accept too :)

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by Exca on 11-05-2005 at 10:58 PM

Then Cookie can be the Plus! leader of Belgium :) hehe

RE: Messenger plus! comunity reunion 2006 by FrozenDaggers on 11-05-2005 at 11:16 PM

Who will be UK's? :P