Shoutbox

recording - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: recording (/showthread.php?tid=52703)

recording by DJKAL on 11-06-2005 at 11:50 AM

i want to record a song i have mixed on my decks onto my PC - i am running XP - is there any way this is possable.?
cheers!

RE: recording by user27089 on 11-06-2005 at 11:51 AM

Do you have a sound output lead on your decks that can plug into the microphone input on your computer. If you have, then it would be possible to use a program like Audacity to record it as if it is a microphone, and then encode it as an mp3.

RE: recording by DJKAL on 11-06-2005 at 11:58 AM

i do have an uout put on my ecks - which colous do the cables go into on my PC - the pink mic slot and the blue?

RE: recording by Exca on 11-06-2005 at 11:59 AM

Just connect the zone from your mixer (whatever model, else you take your master output) to the microphone in of your computer. Then play and record with any software your set. If you have digital out on your mixer (like me) you can buy a digital cinch- to optical cinch convertor and record to any minidisc recorder that supports optical recording.

RE: RE: recording by DJKAL on 11-06-2005 at 12:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Do you have a sound output lead on your decks that can plug into the microphone input on your computer. If you have, then it would be possible to use a program like Audacity to record it as if it is a microphone, and then encode it as an mp3.

how do i use AUDACITY? - i have downloaded and nsatlled it - but nothing seems to record:<? - pls help
RE: recording by user27089 on 11-06-2005 at 12:18 PM

First you need to double click the sound icon, go to Options > Properties, select the "Recording" radio button, and check the "Microphone" box, turn it up to the best volume for sound quality, then try recording... (Make sure the decks are plugging into the right port).