Shoutbox

Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking (/showthread.php?tid=52713)

Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Giulia on 11-06-2005 at 06:04 PM

Hi everyone
Let's collect receipes, tips, links.... about cooking.

I noticed that we don't often have time, nor ideas about what to prepare for meals.

So here are some tips :
1) To have a beautiful and tasty chicken, just put some lemon instead of oil or butter.

2) don't be afraid of cooking alcohol, at the end of cooking there is the taste without the alcohol !

3) To eat well, you don't need to eat meat every day, 3 times a week is largely enough. You can find proteins in milk, fish, cheese, peanut butter, white or red beans.... 

Sorry I have no more ideas to start this thread :$

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Juvani_D on 11-07-2005 at 12:20 PM

I am more interested on oriental dishes so here's one for you.

This is one of my favorite japanese dishes.

Special DumplingS

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Giulia on 11-07-2005 at 05:36 PM

Ok today I have some tips to make a really good mash potatoes.

1) Boil potatoes into a liter of water, no salt inside.

2) Squeeze potatoes. In the meantime, heat the milk.

3) Add milk and butter, or instead of butter olive oil !

This is a really good good receipe to put on some kilos :P

quote:
Originally posted by Juvani_D
I am more interested on oriental dishes so here's one for you.

This is one of my favorite japanese dishes.

Special DumplingS

Thanks for your ideas !!
RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Voldemort on 11-07-2005 at 09:53 PM

get a tortilla, heat it and put some beans in it.. or mash potatoes with an egg and voila!
youve got a taco!

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by user27089 on 11-07-2005 at 10:23 PM

If you have a toastie maker, then make some toasties with only one piece of bread on each side, and them, when it is done, sprinkle a bit of sugar over each slice, it is delicious.

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Giulia on 11-07-2005 at 10:28 PM

Just a tip for people who need to drink milk but doesn't like it.
Put some syrup and then, instead of pouring water, pour milk inside. I tried in Italy with mint syrup, it's really delicious :P

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by L. Coyote on 11-07-2005 at 10:48 PM

* Don't put things on the stove and do other things. Cooking is staying in the kitchen, looking after what you're doing. You will have time to clean the house after eating. (Y)

* Add garlic and parsley to rice with tuna and lots of mayonnaise, let it rest for 12 hours in the fridge, then eat cold. :P

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by SikStyles on 11-07-2005 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Add garlic and parsley to rice with tuna and lots of mayonnaise,

what do you call that, a "woman rejecter"?

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by L. Coyote on 11-07-2005 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
No, I call it food. Why?
RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by user27089 on 11-07-2005 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
No, I call it food. Why?

I call it toothpaste... I love Tuna, it is the only fish that I like eating, my Mum makes delicious salads with it in.
RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by L. Coyote on 11-07-2005 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
it is the only fish that I like eating,
Me too, canned tuna, that is. Fresh fish is too dodgy. :P

But my most favorite food is rice. Rice with chicken, rice with tuna, rice with meat, rice with eggs, rice, rice! RICE! :P
RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Reaper on 11-07-2005 at 11:13 PM

open the fridge, grab cheese, open packet. enjoy :D

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by user27089 on 11-07-2005 at 11:14 PM

I really like rice too, I used to eat rice loads, try eating rice with soya sauce, lea & perrins and tomato ketchup, it sounds weird, but it is really nice.!

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by SikStyles on 11-07-2005 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
No, I call it food. Why?

nwm, lame joke :chrongue:

btw i like tuna aswell :P
RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Fraisie on 11-07-2005 at 11:17 PM

Fastest couscous ever:

Canned tuna, frozen veggies and butter in a bowl, and heat in the microwave.

Meanwhile, boil water and prepare the couscous.

Mix the tuna/veggies mixture with the couscous.

Y-u-m-m-y !

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by prashker on 11-07-2005 at 11:57 PM

The Ultimate Meal

5 Oreos

1 Tomato Soup
1 Bag of Noodles

3 Bags of Rice

1 Bag of Milk

Mix together and get a Tomato-Rice-Noodle-Oreo Milkshake :D

mmm mmm good :P

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by brian on 11-08-2005 at 12:34 AM

All I know how to do is.. eggs.

I don't even want to bother doing anything else because.. it'll burn.

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by lizard.boy on 11-08-2005 at 12:55 AM

to go with what traxor said with rice, i really enjoy eating cooked rice with bar-b-que sauce on it. if you like spice, you can do what my dad does and put caribian jerk sauce on it. Jerk Sauce

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by DJeX on 11-08-2005 at 01:40 AM

WOO a cooking thread :D

I make my own recipes. So here we go.

---------------------------------------
Enhanced Garlic Break (With a kick)

Ingredeience:
Cheddar Cheese (or that thin packaged slice cheese will work also)
Parmesan Cheese
Butter or Margarine
Garlic Power or Granulated Garlic (More strong garlic taste)
Sliced bread, preferably white bread (I don’t think whole grain or brown bread would be good)
Parmesan and Herbs (Optional – comes in tall plastic container)

Instructions (for 1 slice of bread x recipe by 2 for 2 slices :O ):
Now I don’t measure anything so bare with me.

First take 1 table spoon of butter or margarine and put it in a small cup or container for mixing.
Then add in the regular parmesan cheese (about 1 table spoon)
Then add in the Parmesan and Herbs if you have it (about ¾ of a tea spoon)
Next add in the Garlic power (about 1 table spoon or to your likeing)

Now mix until everything seems well blended together and the mixture is a paste.
Then take your bread and spread the paste evenly on the bread.
Now take your cheese (grate the cheese first unless you are using sliced cheese) and cover the top pf the break until no more bread is showing.
Then heat in microwave for about 30 seconds, if cheese is not melted then heat for 20 more seconds.
Take out of microwave and spread what ever is left on the knife onto the melted cheese.

Then Enjoy!
Quick Snack

Take Crunchits and Helva Good Chip Dip, mix dip with Crunchits and enjoy.
I seen this on a cooking show but I haven’t tried it yet.

Take watermelon cut into cubes.
Put in bowl
Pour olive oil over watermelon
Add salt and pepper
Mix then eat

It sounds weird but! It might be good.

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Vazza on 11-08-2005 at 12:37 PM

The only recipe I can think of at the moment is one for Strawberry Meringue Ice Cream. I can give basic instructions as I can't remember exact weights at the moment.

Required:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Strawberries
Meningue Nests
One Loaf Tin
Some Cling film

1. Cut stawberries up but keep some full ones for decoration later.
2. Crush Merigue nests (wallop a few times with the rolling pin, but do not make it into fine powder)
3. Add soft ice cream to bowl and then add strawberries and meningue. Mix well.
4. Line loaf tin with cling film. Pour mixture into loaf tin. Cover with Cling film. Put in freezer over night.
5. Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Serve with whole strawberries.

Yeah very basic explaination, but the only other recipe I know off by heart is pancake, but thats because I don't measure anything. Standard Grade Chemistry had a bad effect on me..........

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by seanlvseveryone on 11-20-2005 at 05:36 PM

im studying catering at college now it is really tiring and i make loads of chef dishes

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by Mike on 11-20-2005 at 05:55 PM

dt's favourite: http://www.greek-recipe.com/static/content/Greek_baklava.html ;)

My favourite: http://www.greek-recipe.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article103 :drool: (only the meat thought :P (and the lemon & the tomatos :P))

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by SikStyles on 11-21-2005 at 12:34 AM

- 2 slices of bread
- One can of tuna in water (small can)
- Peanut butter

Take one slice of bread, put peanut butter on it, and on the other put tuna, then smack the 2 slices together and eat

Sounds disgusting but its good!

RE: Let's collect receipes, tips, links... about cooking by seanlvseveryone on 11-21-2005 at 09:19 AM

1tblespn drop of brown sauce

1tblespn drop of red sauce

2 slices of bread

butter

1. put the drop of brown sauce onto one slice of bread and put the red sauce in the other

2. put the two slices of bread togather

3. put melted butter over the top

sounds disgusting but my friend done it and hes addicted to them now.