Shoutbox

Conflist with MSN DX2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Conflist with MSN DX2 (/showthread.php?tid=52766)

Conflist with MSN DX2 by Chugboat on 11-08-2005 at 08:07 PM

Hi all, :D 

Anyways, I have Messenger Plus and MSN Discovery X2 on my PC. In my main msn window, on the furthest right you can go of the bar which (unless you change it) has things like the new e-mail count on it, there is the MSN Discovery X logo which an triggers option toolbar when clicked on, just like the one with Messenger Plus.

But here's my problem - the two of them seem to conflict. Both only appear at the same time when you have just maximised a window or something, and then the Messenger Plus one disappears. There has been times when it is the other way round but this is less common. I have reported this on the MSN Discovery X2 forums and they think it may be an Messenger Plus problem rather than an MSN Discovery X2 problem.

Does anyonw know of a way in which i could fix this bug so that they can both appear? Thanks...  :S

RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by crank on 11-08-2005 at 09:30 PM

first, it's Messenger Discovery, not MSN...
Second, the plus! logo and the MDX logo use a diffirent method of hooking (i hope i'm right here :p) so they should not conflict, the plus! logo does dissapear in some skins but i don't think that's your problem.
i just don't think they conflict, i guess (tho the odds are small) that plus! isn't working the way it should?

RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by Stigmata on 11-08-2005 at 09:54 PM

Afaik, the hooking method is the same..

1. WM_PAINT is recieved.
2. SetParent icon back to our form
3. Parent the icon onto new window

Well that is what i would do anyway :P

RE: RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by Patchou on 11-09-2005 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
1. WM_PAINT is recieved.
2. SetParent icon back to our form
3. Parent the icon onto new window

nope, not really :p

As for compatibility with MDX, I thought the latest version of this plugin had fixed it.
RE: RE: RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by STA1661 on 11-10-2005 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As for compatibility with MDX, I thought the latest version of this plugin had fixed it.

Aparently not. I had a friend who installed MDX about 2 weeks ago and came across the same problem as mentioned by Chugboat earlier in this thread. And yes my friend does have the latest Messenger Plus! installed.
RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by Grue on 11-10-2005 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Aparently not. I had a friend who installed MDX about 2 weeks ago and came across the same problem as mentioned by Chugboat earlier in this thread. And yes my friend does have the latest Messenger Plus! installed.
The latest version of MDX, that was released this week, does fix this problem.

Get it from http://www.msgdiscovery.com/download.php
RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by YottabyteWizard on 11-10-2005 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Current version: 2.0.01 (Released 6th October 2005)

It does fix the problem, but it was released a month ago, not a week.
RE: Conflist with MSN DX2 by Grue on 11-10-2005 at 10:00 PM

The version which i was talking about was the one released this week. See the minor update on the mdx news page http://www.msgdiscovery.com/news.php
I am not sure if previous versions already had this bug fixed

quote:
Update to MessengerDiscovery X2 by: Matt
Posted on: 11-06-2005 04:19