Shoutbox

XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? (/showthread.php?tid=52770)

XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by YottabyteWizard on 11-08-2005 at 09:19 PM

Look at this... worth to be read:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3145154

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-08-2005 at 09:26 PM

great game i hope it has a ot to live up to the first one was grate

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by prashker on 11-08-2005 at 09:28 PM

look at the next one

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3145154

10 reasons why the Xbox 360 will succeed where the Dreamcast failed.

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-08-2005 at 09:33 PM

Go dreamcast, soz but iam a sega fan,  i dont find half those reasens they given their valid to say its better

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by YottabyteWizard on 11-08-2005 at 09:39 PM

I already saw the 2 pages, and I really think it's interesting, if it wasnt true, there wold be already 'protests' or however you call them, also as a viodegamer, I really think XBOX will be a great competitor for N-Revolution and PS3, each one have their features (Y), but i never thought that way (of the comparation)

quote:
Originally posted by ibisdevil2
Go dreamcast, soz but iam a sega fan
quote:
i dont find half those reasens they given their valid to say its better
Double posting??
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Stigmata on 11-08-2005 at 09:41 PM

Here today, gone tomorrow..

bah, i'll stick with my N64 and PSOne thank you very much :D

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-08-2005 at 09:43 PM

Xbox 360 booooo...

Go Playstation...:P

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-08-2005 at 09:43 PM

yea old skool stig like me just i more old skool then you atari yea

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by YottabyteWizard on 11-08-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
Xbox 360 booooo...

I wanted to be fair to the 3 consoles... xD
XBOX and Revo SUX :refuck: Sorry, couldn't lie more
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-08-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
quote:
Xbox 360 booooo...

I wanted to be fair to the 3 consoles... xD
XBOX and Revo SUX :refuck: Sorry, couldn't lie more

so true...so true...:)
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-08-2005 at 09:54 PM

wht Revolution look grand

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by paperless on 11-08-2005 at 11:54 PM

Some things are valid but other things are simply to look funny...

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Hank on 11-08-2005 at 11:59 PM

where's blade when ya need game console info :refuck:

RE: RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Hank on 11-09-2005 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
down with the 360

(Y) to the Revolution

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
where's blade when ya need game console info :refuck:
comments like that are why he left :dodgy:

it was?.. coulda fooled me
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by MeEtc on 11-09-2005 at 12:30 AM

quote:
XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast?
Well, where do you think the console department at M$ started from, anyway? To the best of my knowledge, Sega was bought out by Microsoft. Thats why you see so many games labeled with Sega on the Box
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-09-2005 at 04:48 PM

sega was amense ms stinks

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by user27089 on 11-09-2005 at 05:03 PM

A load of stuff on there is a load of balls, it's true, but it just doesn't make sense, like:

Unique selling point: Microphone peripheral. - That came with the XBOX...

Runs on a Windows-derived OS. - it is made by Microsoft, what else it run on?

Big selling point: Online for all with built-in Ethernet port and Xbox Live Silver. - The ethernet port is on the current xbox, and has been since the release of the xbox...

Unable to play the latest in cutting edge movie media (HD-DVD/Blu-Ray). - I thought Blue Ray was copyrighted by Sony, how could it use that technology without breaking some major laws?

Big selling point: Hi-def monitor output. - All of the next generation consoles have this feature...

Big proponent of customization. - I think being able to change the faceplate of a console, and being able to insert a screen in the controller are completely different thing, every console will have different peripherals.

Highly anticipated First Party racing game from Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing 3). - Project Gotham racing was one of the most anticipated games on the xbox, why can't it be the most anticipated game on the xbox 360, PGR was probably the best racing game released at the time, when two followed it was just as good, and from what people have heard and seen about PGR3, it looks amazing.

Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch. - He is a major part of the XBOX team... Whereas Verne Troyer is simply an international movie star...

Plans to eventually offer larger storage capacity with new Hard Drives. - maybe because it is basically a media centre too... :-/.

Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer stole much of its next-generation thunder. - Metal Gear Solid just owns though :p. What about Halo etc.?

Bah, I know that the Playstation is going to be better specs wise, but I still love the xbox and microsoft, I'm not a big fan of sony. I will buy an XBOX 360 this Christmas no matter what. Chances are, that I will buy a Playstation 3 aswell next christmas or sometime in 2007.

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-09-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Bah, I know that the Playstation is going to be better specs wise

Go playstation...:)

yea, i think its meant to be a joke, nothing serious, but i still think it will be shadowed by the success of the PS3,...which is the best btw..:P
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-09-2005 at 05:45 PM

no dreamcast is best

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-09-2005 at 05:47 PM

are you joking...¬_¬

you are stupid...

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by user27089 on 11-09-2005 at 06:11 PM

quote:
no dreamcast is best

Dreamcast was probably the worst console that came out tbh... About 5 games came out on it, and they were boring. The best thing about it was the internet access :|.
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-09-2005 at 06:44 PM

well no there were loads of games for it, but very fee of them were original...mostly ports, of ps1 games...:)

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-10-2005 at 06:50 PM

wht that rubbish. traxor /negro no offence to eithier of you but i disagree. and dont forget with out nintendo their would be nintendo thier would be no playstation.

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-10-2005 at 07:14 PM

quote:
wht that rubbish. traxor /negro no offence to eithier of you but i disagree. and dont forget with out nintendo their would be nintendo thier would be no playstation.

that makes no sense...:dodgy:

And what does that mean, without nintendo there would be no playstation, hmm i doubt it..alot
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by user27089 on 11-10-2005 at 07:51 PM

Like I said to Joe on MSN earlier, without the Atari, there would be no Nintendo. Don't forget that Nintendo started as a trading card game, they only began to make video games after it began to get popular in arcades etc. I'm pretty sure that before Atari, there was something else aswell, a type of computer that played tapes O_o.

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by fishybobbins on 11-10-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
And what does that mean, without nintendo there would be no playstation, hmm i doubt it..alot

Actually, sony originally started making a Disc addon for the SNES, but then Nintendo screwed them nd did a deal with Phillips instead.  The Sont people turned the addon into a lone console called......The Playstation!!!!
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-10-2005 at 08:40 PM

PLAYSTATION OWNS, nintendo should rot in hell...hehe

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by NeoRevan on 11-10-2005 at 08:57 PM

Microsoft is screwing themselves over by releasing the 360 without support for either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.
What this means is that Blu-Ray gains a foothold that will be harder for the HD-DVD to bypass. And IIRC the Blu-Ray has a bigger support base than the HD-DVD, so it looks like M$ loses doubly.

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by YottabyteWizard on 11-10-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeoRevan
Microsoft is screwing themselves over by releasing the 360 without support for either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.
Agreed, just like the webpage says (some things might be exagerated, but this one is true), because they want to release the console before the competition, they are not giving support for this new discs, wich I've been following since i heard of Blu-Ray.
And because of this i think XBox and Microsoft fans will get this console only, some others will prefer to wait for PS3 and Revolution because they will have more and better things.

I'm just waiting to see how this turns out.
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by lizard.boy on 11-10-2005 at 10:48 PM

pfft. the predecessor of the dreamcast (the sega saturn) wasnt that bad. mines still in working condition.. and even gets its share of playing. (even if its only 4 or 5 games.)

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ShawnZ on 11-10-2005 at 10:54 PM

quote:
What this means is that Blu-Ray gains a foothold that will be harder for the HD-DVD to bypass. And IIRC the Blu-Ray has a bigger support base than the HD-DVD, so it looks like M$ loses doubly.

How? Xbox games are xbox games. The size of the disc makes no difference. maybe it would be good to play dvds, but bluray disc games are simply pointless. What, is everyone going to use X console because it has bluray discs? No! they wouldn't even care/notice I bet.
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by NeoRevan on 11-11-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

How? Xbox games are xbox games. The size of the disc makes no difference. maybe it would be good to play dvds, but bluray disc games are simply pointless. What, is everyone going to use X console because it has bluray discs? No! they wouldn't even care/notice I bet.
I think it's wrong to call a next-gen console a "media center" if it can't even play the next-gen media.
And since it's not gonna support Blu-Ray OR HD-DVD, I fail to see why you are ONLY mentioning Blu-Ray discs in your post.
RE: RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by ibisdevil2 on 11-16-2005 at 09:44 PM

Actually, sony originally started making a Disc addon for the SNES, but then Nintendo screwed them nd did a deal with Phillips instead.  The Sont people turned the addon into a lone console called......The Playstation!!!!

no it was sony that screwed  over nintendo adn so nintendo said no and left the partnership
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by RaceProUK on 11-17-2005 at 02:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Well, where do you think the console department at M$ started from, anyway? To the best of my knowledge, Sega was bought out by Microsoft. Thats why you see so many games labeled with Sega on the Box
Why has no-one responded to this? Sega are still an independent company; they just stopped making hardware.
True, some XBox games have Sega on them. So do some on GameCube and PS2. Super Money Ball, anyone? Sonic Mega Collection? Just a couple of examples.
RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by mwe99 on 11-17-2005 at 04:19 AM

well im excited about the Xbox 360 anyways :DD

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Wabz on 11-17-2005 at 11:28 AM

Indeed I had a fiddle on a 360 in a shop.  The graphics were amazing and impressed me even though I'm not a great games fan.

Just makes you wonder what games will look like in 10 years time :D

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by Negro_Joe on 11-17-2005 at 04:53 PM

yea, im looking forward to all the next gen itds going to be awesome.....:P

RE: XBOX360... will it be the next Dreamcast? by user27089 on 11-17-2005 at 04:59 PM

quote:
yea, im looking forward to all the next gen itds going to be awesome.....:P

That's my general point... Who cares about the specs, the specs are amazing, even if they aren't as good as the PS3 specs... It is a next-gen console, the physics/graphics etc. are going to be amazing!!!

What are the main games you're looking forward to playing?