Shoutbox

copying a DVD - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: copying a DVD (/showthread.php?tid=52780)

copying a DVD by NiteMare on 11-09-2005 at 03:29 AM

ok, i've copyed a DVD to iso, format, now how do i burn that iso file on to a DVD, since it has menus and all that stuff?

RE: copying a DVD by MeEtc on 11-09-2005 at 03:40 AM

If it's an iso, then just select "Burn Image" from your burner software.

An ISO is an image of the entire disk, sorta like a .tar file. All the disks content is stored uncompressed (i think) into one file.

RE: copying a DVD by Lou on 11-09-2005 at 03:57 AM

I suggest using a program like nero, that can burn iso images for dvd's. Then simple tell it to burn from that iso, and you are done:P

RE: copying a DVD by NiteMare on 11-09-2005 at 04:30 AM

i have nero, but can't seem to find where is says to burn form an .iso

RE: copying a DVD by prashker on 11-09-2005 at 04:31 AM

Dont open the Project. Click File>Open

Then select the iso and burn it :P

edit: :banana: 600th

RE: copying a DVD by matty on 11-09-2005 at 04:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i have nero, but can't seem to find where is says to burn form an .iso
It is either under Recorder or Extras and it says Burn Image.

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
edit: :banana: 600th

:banana: 3212th post

RE: copying a DVD by NiteMare on 11-09-2005 at 06:10 AM

got it thanks

you like spam yottabyte?

RE: copying a DVD by linx05 on 11-09-2005 at 09:26 AM

In the future, don't use Nero to burn images (or anything for that matter). Nero has been said on many occasions to have a very bad burning engine.

Use ImgBurn instead. It made by LIGHTNING UK!, author of DVD Decryptor (RIP). Very reliable burning engine.

So if you want coasters, use Nero. If you want reliable burns, use ImgBurn.

RE: copying a DVD by M73A on 11-09-2005 at 03:46 PM

id say use DVD Shrink... it copies all the menus, extras and everythingreally easily:)

RE: copying a DVD by matty on 11-09-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
id say use DVD Shrink... it copies all the menus, extras and everythingreally easily:)
Getting a little bit into copyright infringement. We don't want to get into ripping the DVD, only burning an ISO.
RE: copying a DVD by YottabyteWizard on 11-09-2005 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
you like spam yottabyte?

Noup, well I don't like to spam (how much I've been posting in T&T?) and just great, my post got deleted. I was saying i don't post that much, but sometimes some threads/posts are quite funny.
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
In the future, don't use Nero to burn images (or anything for that matter). Nero has been said on many occasions to have a very bad burning engine.

I have 5 years using Nero Burning Rom, and never had a single problem, it only sucks for multimedia CDs/DVDs (VCD,SVCD,DVD Authoriting), but burning an ISO it's just perfect and easy.
RE: copying a DVD by M73A on 11-09-2005 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
Getting a little bit into copyright infringement. We don't want to get into ripping the DVD, only burning an ISO.

whats the difference:S the both produce a copy of the dvd don't they?
RE: RE: copying a DVD by CookieRevised on 11-09-2005 at 11:52 PM

quote:

Use ImgBurn instead. It made by LIGHTNING UK!, author of DVD Decryptor (RIP). Very reliable burning engine.

So if you want coasters, use Nero. If you want reliable burns, use ImgBurn.
Sorry, but this can't be more wrong....

Nero is one of the best I know (both from experience and testing). The problem is not with Nero, but with the people using it...

I know this sounds a bit drastic or even rude. But it is the case...

Nero has an excellent "burning algorithm". One of the most configurable, and their lies also the problem. Most people who use Nero don't have a clue (no pun intended) to what all the options are or what they do, and thus quite often burn "coasters".

It already starts with choosing the burn speed. This isn't a random figure to choose from and this isn't at all the faster the better; unfortunatly most people think that way.

To burn perfect discs you first need to know for what optimum speed the disc was designed for (and this is almost never the max speed given on the box), also don't burn something with options like "overburn protection" and that kind of marketing sh**. If you burn in a decent way (but the hard way), you don't need that at all, in fact it does more harm than good (although you often not notice it in the end, the disc is quite often full of errors).

And there are douzens of other things to know or to take in account.

As for the gap talked about in that thread you pointed out to, I have never experienced (at least with newest Nero's) any problems regarding that. This said, I never used the wizard-like stuff or the "default" settings or the packet writing method or TOA or whatever and always tweaked, used DOA, etc. And if your ISO image is decently made (or extracted), Nero will burn that as it is supposed to.

The problem is how you create your DVD's/images, not how you burn them.

In short, Nero is not the worst at all, it is one of the best (if you know what you're doing)...
RE: copying a DVD by Val on 11-10-2005 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The problem is how you create your DVD's/images, not how you burn them.

In short, Nero is not the worst at all, it is one of the best (if you know what you're doing)...

Great info Cookie i will take that in mind, as i agree with the last statement, "In short, Nero is not the worst at all, it is one of the best (if you know what you're doing)...
" Is truely right, just like drawing a picture, you may draw it faster than everyone else but that dosent mean the quality will be better, than the person drawing the same picture with more time and acuarcy

Edit: When cookie dose this we should call it "You got Cookied"  just like "You got Punked" or "You got nerded" <- J/K. So in all Cookie rocks and we need to make a image fro this "You got Cookied" :P
RE: copying a DVD by linx05 on 11-10-2005 at 02:14 AM

This conclusion didn't come from me personally, but rather all the DVD pros on doom9, digital-digest and AfterDawn. They have had years of experience with these sort of things so I trust what they say.

Let us know how the burn turns out NiteMare (Y)

RE: copying a DVD by ShawnZ on 11-10-2005 at 04:47 AM

quote:

Did you even read that post? sigh.
RE: copying a DVD by linx05 on 11-10-2005 at 05:56 AM

What post are you referring to? If it's the one about burning an iso then yes, I did.

I was merely suggesting a better burning program.