Shoutbox

Floating contacts - Feature requests - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Floating contacts - Feature requests (/showthread.php?tid=52821)

Floating contacts - Feature requests by Solutech on 11-10-2005 at 08:18 PM

Any way these can be made to flash when you get a message . I rarely have the taskbar visible , If the contact flashed it would be cool :) .

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by absorbation on 11-10-2005 at 08:35 PM

Well i guess it would be possible, however I personally would find it annoying in plus or a plugin. I think the demand is not so great for something like this. If you ask a programmer he/ she maybe willing to code a plugin.

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by n0n4m3 on 11-10-2005 at 08:53 PM

I would prefer a feature like this integrated in plus with the option to flash or not than a new plugin just for this.. This is just my humble opinion :)

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by Supersonicdarky on 11-10-2005 at 08:58 PM

i'd also like that for when they sign in :)

and if its made, there shud be an option if you want it or no so it wudn't get annoying :)

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by absorbation on 11-10-2005 at 09:03 PM

Basiclly we want advanced toasts? I think the whole toast system can be improved as Patchou does use his own system and not Msn Messenger's one. Thus making it uncompatible for skins and we know it is possible as TB does it in stuffplug. :)

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by Solutech on 11-10-2005 at 10:44 PM

yup an option to make it flash or not :) It would easier as part of plus rather than as a plugin . I tend to shy away from plugins as plus does what I need .

RE: Floating contacts - Feature requests by Solutech on 11-25-2005 at 07:01 AM

Anybody willing to try coding a plugin for this ? .

My desktop is complete , Windows taskbar is history all I want is for my floaters to flash now and Im 100% happy with it . Im using objectdock plus , windowblinds and konfabulator , none of which can provide me a flashing notification on msn . I dont want to create another dock with OD+ to house the taskbar as the aim of my overhaul was to maximise space and unclutter my desktop.