Shoutbox

"Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" (/showthread.php?tid=52832)

"Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by marissa on 11-11-2005 at 02:00 AM

"In a worldwide poll conducted in 66 nations and translated into 20 different languages, the ten greatest songs ever writtenwere determined. The individual results were combined in order to discover the global favourites, which reveal some startling results. The top ten are:
1) We Are The Champions - Queen
2) Toxic - Britney Spears
3) Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
4) Hotel California - The Eagles
5) La Tortura - Shakira
6) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
7) Yesterday - The Beatles
8) One - U2
9) Imagine - John Lennon
10) Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits"
by Cam Lindsay of !*@# Exclaim! magazine

I don't agree with some of these results. I thought it was interesting though, so what do you guys think...?

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by prashker on 11-11-2005 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

yay!

quote:

:|
* prashker kills self
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by emit on 11-11-2005 at 02:20 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody is missing.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by ddunk on 11-11-2005 at 02:31 AM

The poll would be better done over a few years/generations. We wouldn't get crappy fad songs like Toxic - Britney Spears and
La Tortura - Shakira, but rather a sampling of the "best" songs ever written as decided by more people than the ones from 2005.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Joe on 11-11-2005 at 02:32 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody is the greatest. Queen should have had 1 & 2... and ousted Toxic completely.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by qgroessl on 11-11-2005 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Bohemian Rhapsody is missing.

quote:
Originally posted by jow cool
Bohemian Rhapsody is the greatest. Queen should have had 1 & 2... and ousted Toxic completely.

Agreed :D... Completely. Bohemian Rhapsody should be 1 in my opinion... followed by We Are the Champions... but of course.. .it's only my opinion.
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Guido on 11-11-2005 at 02:48 AM

That list is a joke... it's realist as a "people's favorite songs as of today", but they can't present that as a "Greatest Songs Ever Written" (i.e. Greatest Song Lyrics) seriously :-/

La Tortura? TOXIC?? You can love or hate Shakira's and Britney's music, but both are just recent promotional singles, they can't be second and 5th in a best song of all times list

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by dotNorma on 11-11-2005 at 03:44 AM

What is the world coming to when La Tortura and Toxic make it on the worlds greatest songs list? There isnt a single ounce of meaning in Toxic, not to mention the whole song chanted, which I can do. :-/

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by kittymew on 11-11-2005 at 04:18 AM

that list is so...well umm:)

i think i like the rolling stone one better it is a bit more broad and a lil more correct i feel..and B'spears and shak..dont deserve a mention..

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/65966...has-player=unknown

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Hank on 11-11-2005 at 04:22 AM

Cant see How britney Spears got there, did some1 Pay for hher to be mentioned in it?

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Guido on 11-11-2005 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
i think i like the rolling stone one better it is a bit more broad and a lil more correct i feel..and B'spears and shak..dont deserve a mention..

Now we are talking... I agree on that as well.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by thc2010 on 11-11-2005 at 06:53 AM

Marissa, i think thats ur name, anyways, I agree with ur signiture. emo does suck. The results are somewhat my taste :D so i guess i would have to agree 8-% with the results. btw, your priety cute for 15 lol

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Stigmata on 11-11-2005 at 07:39 AM

Greenday - Good Riddance (Time if your life)

Best Song Ever

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by user27089 on 11-11-2005 at 08:19 AM

I don't see why Britney Spears is there either, the rest of them really deserve it though... Most people have heard all of those songs :p.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Weyzza on 11-11-2005 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolling Stone
1 Like A Rolling Stone  Bob Dylan 1965
Aren't the name of the website and the title of the greatest song of all time very very coincidental? :tongue:
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Negro_Joe on 11-11-2005 at 09:50 AM

Toxic!

what the hell is that about..

umm what about Angels, by Robbie Williams, a public vote decided that it was one of the greatest songs ever, not too long ago...

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Stigmata on 11-11-2005 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe

umm what about Angels, by Robbie Williams, a public vote decided that it was one of the greatest songs ever, not too long ago...

that is a good song..
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Rubber Stamp on 11-11-2005 at 10:30 AM

OMG! this list is totaly ridiculous....this should be in T&T...its a joke!

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by YottabyteWizard on 11-11-2005 at 04:45 PM

GO Britney! :banana: xD

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
that list is so...well umm:)

I agree too! I don't even know the magazine where the 1st was made o.O
Anyway, Britney i agree there are people who likes her music, no matter how much fans there are, Toxic will never beat Smells like teen spirit! :@

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Millenium_edition on 11-11-2005 at 05:21 PM

music is a question of opinion... there is no "best song in the world" ¬¬

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Negro_Joe on 11-11-2005 at 05:25 PM

well i suppose you could base it on the amount it has sold, and other factors like that, but i can see what you mean...

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Weyzza on 11-11-2005 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
well i suppose you could base it on the amount it has sold, and other factors like that, but i can see what you mean...
Not exactly. People in the world today can afford more recordings than the people 20 years ago.

or not... so they decide to download music off the Net illegally.
* Weyzza runs

RE: RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by thc2010 on 11-11-2005 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
music is a question of opinion... there is no "best song in the world" ¬¬

Wrong!
Stairway to Heave - Rolling Stones
Everyone I know who listens to music has heard this song before and tell me that the like it, but its not thier favorate song... If they like it and so does about 56 people I know + 10 people I personaly know and some 30 people who I dont know but talk to... then this is the best song ever composed :P
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Stigmata on 11-11-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
Wrong!

Wrong!
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Plik on 11-11-2005 at 06:42 PM

quote:
if you mean stairway to heven isnt that led zepp? :rolleyes:
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by user27089 on 11-11-2005 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
quote:

Exactly what I was thinking...

I agree with Millenium on this btw, I can't say there are ten songs that I love the most, I like all music :banana:... Plus, it's all a matter of opinion.
RE: RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by thc2010 on 11-11-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
quote:

HAHAHA Stupid brain.. i was thinking of Can't Get no Satisfaction and Stairway to heaven... I guess it mearged them both and as the result, my brain input typed Stairway to heaven - Rolling Stones lmfao!
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Varish on 11-11-2005 at 11:16 PM

someone should make a poll and see which song wins of the the 10 songs :P

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Voldemort on 11-11-2005 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Britney i agree there are people who likes her music, no matter how much fans there are, Toxic will never beat Smells like teen spirit!

No, but sex sells, remember? Saw the video? Erotic Images.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Purity on 11-11-2005 at 11:21 PM

That's what i fuckin hate more than anything these days.  SEX SEX, DRUGS DRUGS, GUNS GUNS!! What the fuck!

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Stigmata on 11-11-2005 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Britney i agree there are people who likes her music, no matter how much fans there are, Toxic will never beat Smells like teen spirit!

Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood ??

:refuck:

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by emit on 11-12-2005 at 12:25 AM

"'Oh come on, Bill, they're the New Kids, don't pick on them, they're so good and they're so clean cut and they're such a good image for the children.' Fuck that. When did mediocrity and banality become a good image for your children? I want my children to listen to people who fucking rocked. I don't care if they died in puddles of their own vomit. I want someone who plays from his fucking heart." - Bill Hicks

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by user27089 on 11-12-2005 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o

I don't get how that can affect how well a song is written... What's your point here?
RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Voldemort on 11-12-2005 at 01:36 AM

That many people say omg! have you seen this video? or have you heard the song? and then they confuse well written with popular.
Hey... isnt too late in the night in the uk?

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Underlord on 11-12-2005 at 02:31 AM

quote:
"In a worldwide poll conducted in 66 nations and translated into 20 different languages, the ten greatest songs ever writtenwere determined. The individual results were combined in order to discover the global favourites, which reveal some startling results. The top ten are:
3) Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
4) Hotel California - The Eagles
5) La Tortura - Shakira
6) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
7) Yesterday - The Beatles
8) One - U2
9) Imagine - John Lennon
10) Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits"
by Cam Lindsay of !*@# Exclaim! magazine

I don't agree with some of these results. I thought it was interesting though, so what do you guys think...?
Looks like a list of songs that mentally retarded people would vote as the greatest written songs. Some are good and some are great, but the list is out of order and has Britney Spears in it. Clearly she isn't great.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by -Bogan- on 11-12-2005 at 02:45 AM

It is not possible to have a list of songs that are the greatest of all time because the list would be to long you have to cover al genres so pick a set number of great songs from each genre and compile your list from that.

RE: "Greatest Songs Ever Written Decided" by Pipish on 11-12-2005 at 04:01 AM

i like the rolling stones one better

britney spears

shakira !

youve got to be kidding

bohemian rapsedy got 163 on rolling stones i'm up to three hundred and i have seen any inxs yet i'm amazed!