Shoutbox

HELP!!!! (microsoft antispyware) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: HELP!!!! (microsoft antispyware) (/showthread.php?tid=52833)

HELP!!!! (microsoft antispyware) by hypa on 11-11-2005 at 02:46 AM

I have Messenger Plus [the new one] and when my microsoft antispyware (beta1) ran it said

[Image: spy2hj.png]

should i set this to always ignore or what??

I'm confused. I hope sum1 can help. thx.

RE: HELP!!!! by qgroessl on 11-11-2005 at 02:48 AM

Well... just don't install the sponsor if you don't want it... But it's completely harmless, it's adware... and it's hardly "high risk"

RE: HELP!!!! by Supersonicdarky on 11-11-2005 at 02:50 AM

choose "always ignore" and forget it, plus! is harmless :)

RE: RE: HELP!!!! by hypa on 11-11-2005 at 02:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Well... just don't install the sponsor if you don't want it... But it's completely harmless, it's adware... and it's hardly "high risk"

i never accepted the sponser when i downloaded plus. i said no!
RE: HELP!!!! by ShawnZ on 11-11-2005 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hypa

then it isnt installed...
RE: HELP!!!! by qgroessl on 11-11-2005 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by hypa

then it isnt installed...

AND press Ignore always anyways... because as supersonicdarky said....

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
plus! is harmless

RE: HELP!!!! by Supersonicdarky on 11-11-2005 at 03:16 AM

it says that its a software bundler, even if you don't install the sponsor, (i'm not sure what it says if you do)

RE: HELP!!!! by matty on 11-11-2005 at 03:35 AM

Ok I am sorry but everyone has posted useless information.

The reason it is detecting setup.dat as the software bundler is because if you rename setup.dat to setup.exe you will have the current installation for Messenger Plus! which as we know has the optional sponsor program available. So the warning is in essence correct but can be ignored because it is only an installer and isn't actually installed.

Even if you chose to not install the Optional Messenger Plus! Sponsor Microsoft AntiSpyware still detected Messenger Plus! as the adware bundler. The definitions were updated sometime after Patchou decided to create a petition and send it to Microsoft. (This petition can be found here)

Petition to save Messenger Plus!
The MSAS petition has been sent
Microsoft AntiSpyware steps back!

RE: HELP!!!! by thc2010 on 11-11-2005 at 03:41 AM

when is Messenger Plus gona be spyware free anyways? I guess i could answer my own question by saying never but that would be bias

RE: HELP!!!! by matty on 11-11-2005 at 03:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
when is Messenger Plus gona be spyware free anyways? I guess i could answer my own question by saying never but that would be bias
Making useless posts is against the forum rules you should know better. Plus! will not be adware free and will never forcefully install the sponsor on your computer. Patchou has to eat plan and simple. Now if you want to fund his living go for it. His bills are more then you make in an entire month guaranteed.

Information within this posts is subject to change without notice.
RE: RE: HELP!!!! by hypa on 11-11-2005 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Ok I am sorry but everyone has posted useless information.

The reason it is detecting setup.dat as the software bundler is because if you rename setup.dat to setup.exe you will have the current installation for Messenger Plus! which as we know has the optional sponsor program available. So the warning is in essence correct but can be ignored because it is only an installer and isn't actually installed.

Even if you chose to not install the Optional Messenger Plus! Sponsor Microsoft AntiSpyware still detected Messenger Plus! as the adware bundler. The definitions were updated sometime after Patchou decided to create a petition and send it to Microsoft. (This petition can be found here)

Petition to save Messenger Plus!
The MSAS petition has been sent
Microsoft AntiSpyware steps back!

so i should just click always ignore??? im baffled!
RE: HELP!!!! (microsoft antispyware) by matty on 11-11-2005 at 11:49 AM

Yes just click always ignore.