Shoutbox

suggestion: add feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion: add feature (/showthread.php?tid=52835)

suggestion: add feature by sandra on 11-11-2005 at 03:47 AM

i have a suggestion, why not add a feature in the next version of msg plus which allows users to change the font of their display name as easily as changing the font colour of it. :)

RE: suggestion: add feature by ShawnZ on 11-11-2005 at 03:47 AM

Not possible.

RE: suggestion: add feature by sandra on 11-11-2005 at 04:09 AM

its possible. if you can change the colour of your display name, why not?

RE: suggestion: add feature by matty on 11-11-2005 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sandra
its possible. if you can change the colour of your display name, why not?
First wrong forum. Secondly if you dont have the font intended to be used then it will show a default one anyways. Plus! will not start secretly transfering data between computers so this is out of the question.
RE: suggestion: add feature by qgroessl on 11-11-2005 at 04:14 AM

I'd imagine something to do with the way protocol works?... But I'm not exactly sure. With this version of Plus! with custom names, you can make them bold, italic, and colored.... I know there's something in Plus! Tweak that could change the font... Or at least there used to be. I'M NOT sure if it's in it... But I remembered seeing something. And if it is it's for all contacts... not just different ones you'd chose for different fonts.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25692&page=1
That's the thread if you'd like to try it.

EDIT:... I'm probably wrong... believe Matty ;)... but you could try it.

RE: suggestion: add feature by sandra on 11-11-2005 at 04:25 AM

i thought this is the suggestion forum?

RE: suggestion: add feature by matty on 11-11-2005 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sandra
i thought this is the suggestion forum?

You posted in the Forum/Website
There is a description underneath it that says:
Questions, suggestions and ideas concerning the Messenger Plus! Extension Forums.
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
I'd imagine something to do with the way protocol works?... But I'm not exactly sure. With this version of Plus! with custom names, you can make them bold, italic, and colored.... I know there's something in Plus! Tweak that could change the font... Or at least there used to be. I'M NOT sure if it's in it... But I remembered seeing something. And if it is it's for all contacts... not just different ones you'd chose for different fonts.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25692&page=1
That's the thread if you'd like to try it.

EDIT:... I'm probably wrong... believe Matty ;)... but you could try it.
The Plus! tweak only changes the font for the Plus! windows it does not change it for MSN Messenger. Like I said earlier it would have to be implemented through MSN Messenger itself. Patchou refuses to add Client to Client communication, (which is what would be needed to be done to send fonts). If he didn't care then Plus! would check each contact with a specific packet message to see if they have Plus!.