Shoutbox

how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? (/showthread.php?tid=52855)

how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by TheMusicPirate on 11-11-2005 at 02:52 PM

how can i get back the windows xp logon screen?

thanks.

RE: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by Jhrono on 11-11-2005 at 03:03 PM

Unnisntall the program you used to put the one you currently have..
if that doesnt work :
Pick your windows disk, boot with it, and use an option that's called "Restore [SOMETHING"..iirc the key for it is F5..
Notice this will restore lots of things, like Desktop Icons, Wallpapers..Though the programs remain :P

RE: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by Mike on 11-11-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
if that doesnt work :
Pick your windows disk, boot with it, and use an option that's called "Restore [SOMETHING"..iirc the key for it is F5..
Notice this will restore lots of things, like Desktop Icons, Wallpapers..Though the programs remain :P
Also, I think that this will uninstall any SP you currently have installed, and you will have to install it again.

Also, can you give us more information? :)
Do you mean for example that when you restart your computer, the classic startup screen comes up? :-/

RE: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by YottabyteWizard on 11-11-2005 at 04:38 PM

There are many programs wich can change the logon screen.

If you used LongonStudio from Stardock then just press Return to default XP Logonscreen or scomething like that.

Here's a screenshot:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=563549]

So you can tell us wich program are you using?

RE: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by Savior on 11-11-2005 at 06:22 PM

I thought there was an option in control panel in the user management section?

RE: how can i get back the windows xp logon screen? by Jhrono on 11-11-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Also, I think that this will uninstall any SP you currently have installed, and you will have to install it again.
Nope, if your Windows has SP2, it wont remove sp2..