Shoutbox

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (/showthread.php?tid=52875)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-12-2005 at 10:25 AM

The film is almost out! Less than a week to go!!!

When is everyone going to see it?

I have already booked my tickets for the friday showing.

What scene are you looking forward to the most?

I am looking forward to the underwater part

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by user27089 on 11-12-2005 at 10:36 AM

I am going to see it as soon as possible, it will probably be int he first week of it's release...

Tbh, I am looking forward to the entire thing, not just a certain scene, I've seen loads of clips of it, and it looks really cool...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Rubber Stamp on 11-12-2005 at 10:42 AM

i m going to see on friday, 18th, cant wait...is this Radcliff's last HP moviie??

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by lordy on 11-12-2005 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
is this Radcliff's last HP moviie??
most likely the last for all the regular actors, they are gettin too old to play then tbh.

i dont usually go and see filmslike this until about amonth after its released, because i dont like big crowds lol
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Varish on 11-12-2005 at 10:58 AM

As soon as possible, polly on 17th.
The Maze and the dragon part.

My semister finised just in time :D

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by azn angel on 11-12-2005 at 11:00 AM

i dont even know if ill see it but hey.. this one is my favourite book and tbh, i think the movie will disappoint me. i mean the last book sucked and the first movie did too..

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by lordy on 11-12-2005 at 11:02 AM

i think the order of the pheoix was the best book, not the goblet of fire, but each to their own :P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by hmaster on 11-12-2005 at 11:17 AM

going to see it next week sometime..

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i think the order of the pheoix was the best book, not the goblet of fire, but each to their own :P
I think its prisoner of azkaban...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by user27089 on 11-12-2005 at 11:18 AM

I think Goblet of Fire was definitely the best book...

I can't see why they would get rid of Daniel Radcliffe half way through, he's the most recognised actor, and if they change it, it would completely change everything...

It only takes 1 year to do each film anyway, so they age about right, they aren't getting too old... They're 16 aren't they...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.J on 11-12-2005 at 11:24 AM

I can't wait!

I'm booking gold class tickets for the opening night it is released...

* TD hopes they don't ruin the storyline by taking important parts out

quote:
quote:
most likely the last for all the regular actors, they are gettin too old to play then tbh.

Actually, all three main characters have signed on to do the 5th movie. The only doubt is Malfoy, but he's likely to sign on aswel.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-12-2005 at 11:28 AM

quote:

He said in an interview that he plans on doing all the films.

And OotP has been announced and the trio + malfoy are still the same people. David Yates is the director, and I think he is a very good director, he made an awesome TV drama called Sex Traffic which was beautifully directed

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
the first movie [sucked] too..

the first and second movies, I admit did suck, the directors played it safe and didn't use their imagination at all, which, although it made it true to the book, it didn't really make it imaginative.

The third movie i thaught was very good, apart from the weak ending, the director took a gamble and used his imagination creatively which made for a very good film. The fade outs to the scene changed were genious.

The fourth movie has a new director, a british one. Apparantly he captures the essense of british schools perfectly. From what i have seen, although a lot of it doesn't look like what i imagined it to be, will still be good. With a book everyone's imagintion produces different things, with a film we are all watching the director's interpretation, and so in that case, I think it is good to have a director that takes risks.

quote:
i think the order of the pheoix was the best book

I thaugt GoF was the best book, PoA was very good to, but OotP let me down, there were way to many sub-plots, like the thing wiht that stupid giant gwarp, that pissed me off. Also, JKR can't write love novels, and she rushed in a lot of stuff to set-up the romance for book 6. And I didn't like the fact that things were explained for people who hadn't read the previous 4 books, HBP didn't do that and it made the story flow a lot better.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Tasha on 11-12-2005 at 12:34 PM

Damnit, i'll have to buy it on DVD after christmas. And I haven't even seen the third movie. T_T I'm really looking forward to all of it, from the trailers it looks great.

I reckon the Prisoner of Azkaban was by far the best book. I really liked OotP as well. I didn't actually like GoF that much, some parts really annoyed me. HBP was really good, except for certain parts. CoS was a bit annoying in parts too. But I reckon the first and third books were the best.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Negro_Joe on 11-12-2005 at 01:01 PM

There not getting rid of daniel radcliffe, all the actors are the right ages...

This is my favourite book, and the film looks really good...:P

I want to see it as soon as possible...:)

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by mwe99 on 11-12-2005 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I can't see why they would get rid of Daniel Radcliffe half way through, he's the most recognised actor, and if they change it, it would completely change everything...

It only takes 1 year to do each film anyway, so they age about right, they aren't getting too old... They're 16 aren't they...

I think i read in the newspaper Daniel didnt want to do anymore soon cos he wants to move on to different things, but its really strange he would leave midway through the movies cos if you change 'harry' then you might end up hating the movies. tbh they should have put 'to complete all harry potter movies' in his contract lol. Ill try to dig out the article to see if i was right cos saralk says different :P

Personally i'd hate being him in other movies cos people are only gonna recognise him as the guy who played Harry Potter...
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by emit on 11-12-2005 at 01:58 PM

I'll probably see it on the 17th November.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
And OotP has been announced and the trio + malfoy are still the same people. David Yates is the director, and I think he is a very good director, he made an awesome TV drama called Sex Traffic which was beautifully directed

Was that the one about smuggling prostitutes from Eastern Europe on Channel 4?
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Negro_Joe on 11-12-2005 at 02:29 PM

[

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I think i read in the newspaper Daniel didnt want to do anymore soon cos he wants to move on to different things, but its really strange he would leave midway through the movies cos if you change 'harry' then you might end up hating the movies. tbh they should have put 'to complete all harry potter movies' in his contract lol.

he probably didnt want to be typecast as harry potter, i can understand that, but i dont like the idea of him leaving..:(
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-12-2005 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I'll probably see it on the 17th November.

quote:

Was that the one about smuggling prostitutes from Eastern Europe on Channel 4?

yes
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by emit on 11-12-2005 at 03:56 PM

That show was awesomely well made, if not ever so slightly controversial and... well, shocking.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Facta on 11-12-2005 at 04:54 PM

Just booked 9 tickets :o

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by lizard.boy on 11-12-2005 at 05:03 PM

i wouldnt really like it if they replaced the actors. its just not the same. you'll start having people who like the new actors better but its just not the same, and since this is a big series youd get debaits and rumors over whos the new ___ just like they did with james bond.
personally i think it sucked that they had to get a new dumbledor, he just isnt the same as the first one.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Facta on 11-12-2005 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
i think it sucked that they had to get a new dumbledor, he just isnt the same as the first one

Yeah...
but it was that.. or animating him with computer effects.... which was cruel it the effects will have sucked more than new DD
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Vazza on 11-12-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I think i read in the newspaper Daniel didnt want to do anymore soon cos he wants to move on to different things, but its really strange he would leave midway through the movies cos if you change 'harry' then you might end up hating the movies. tbh they should have put 'to complete all harry potter movies' in his contract lol. Ill try to dig out the article to see if i was right cos saralk says different :P

In an interview with Jonathan Ross last Friday night, he said that he is going to do another movie in Austrailia, if I recall properly, but that he would do all the movies. I don't remember most of it, because it was so hilarious with him talking about how he got the part, girlfriends (both for himself and Harry) and about the the film that he is going to do.

As for the film, I don't know about it. I like the books but I'm not keen on the films.I've seen them all, but I didn't like the PoA. Mainly because Dumbledore to me wasn't there and plus there were a few continuity problems for me re: Hagrid Hut. I might go and see the new one, but if I am not mistaken, the scene with the Dursleys has been removed. Mind you the girl who plays Cho Change lives approx. 30 mins away from me......
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Facta on 11-12-2005 at 07:19 PM

Ask her for an autograph! poor girl... she recieved many hate mail and was threatened too...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-13-2005 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Mainly because Dumbledore to me wasn't there and plus there were a few continuity problems for me re: Hagrid Hut.

the continunity problems aren't much of a deal to me, because each film is the new director's take on the film, not a continuation of the last. Also the guy who played Dumbledore is PS and CoS died so they had to recast.
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by user27089 on 11-13-2005 at 11:54 AM

When there are continuity errors in films, it does ruin it a bit, and makes it less realistic than it should be, but in Harry Potter films, I don't really see a problem...

With the new Dumbledore aswell, I didn't really mind that, it wasn't a big issue for me, as the guy played him really well anyway!

Worst thing would be recasting Radcliffe, definitely. It wouldn't help the film at all.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by John Anderton on 11-13-2005 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
* TD hopes they don't ruin the storyline by taking important parts out
Here's crossing my fingers to that. But they will anyways cause they cant show everything in those 2 - 3 hours :P :sad: :-/

Ill see at asap (viz dec 16 - 20) cause i have my exams from the 7th to 16th so im gonna be inside my books for the next month :P
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Vazza on 11-13-2005 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Also the guy who played Dumbledore is PS and CoS died so they had to recast.

I know that, but he WAS Dumbledore. He was exactly how I had imagined him. Now.....well, its just not the same.
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by user27089 on 11-13-2005 at 03:39 PM

I can't see a major difference between the two actors, it was a tragedy that the original Dumbledore died, but I don't think it has done anything bad for the film. The current Dumbedore is very good at playing him.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Vazza on 11-13-2005 at 03:40 PM

Well its each is welcome to their own opinion.............

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Supersonicdarky on 11-13-2005 at 03:47 PM

meh, don't really care about the hp movies, the books are so much better, i hope they release the next one soon :)

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Tasha on 11-13-2005 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
quote:
Also the guy who played Dumbledore is PS and CoS died so they had to recast.

I know that, but he WAS Dumbledore. He was exactly how I had imagined him. Now.....well, its just not the same.

That's exactly how I think. I've seen trailers with the new Dumbledore in and it's just not the same for me. :sad:
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Negro_Joe on 11-13-2005 at 04:36 PM

I hardly noticed the transition between the two dumbledores, i think Micheal Gambon is a better dumbledore though...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Weyzza on 11-13-2005 at 05:40 PM

Yay!!!

I can't wait either.

I just hope that this one would not disappoint me.
I was so pissed off after watching the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Good thing they changed the director for this movie.

Well, I don't really remember the book anyway. Read it 4 years ago.
So, if they miss a major scene, I think I'm going to be alright a.l.a they don't miss a scene I know :p

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by t1a0s on 11-13-2005 at 06:10 PM

I'm really looking forward to it! I think it does ruin the film a bit though if you've already read the book and the same the other way around, but hey! who cares? :)

* t1a0s books tickets :p

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by toddiot on 11-13-2005 at 09:25 PM

lol i knew someone would make a thread about this.

i'm planning on seeing it on the day it comes out (Nov. 18) in Toronto.

Can't wait!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by lordy on 11-13-2005 at 09:39 PM

I think the new dumbledore is better, the old one just didnt portray the amount of power that dumbldore possesses

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Varish on 11-14-2005 at 12:37 AM

quote:
I think the new dumbledore is better, the old one just didnt portray the amount of power that dumbldore possesses

Yeah, i like the new dumbledore too, he seems more energatic, i just hope that he doest die too
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Varish on 11-14-2005 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
I don't like Harry potter films..i fell asleep found the first one so boring...
But everyones taste differ huh..i prefer LOTR anyday...

but not dissin the people who Like HP ...and i hope u all enjoy the movie:)

the first one WAS boring, but itz getting beter now, did u watch the others?
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by SikStyles on 11-14-2005 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
No honestly I didnt because i fell asleep in the first .. i figured that they always say that sequels  are worse..:)

the sequals here are gettin better and better :)
you should watch
------

I cant wait till i see it, i've read the book, actually finished it, and i really want to see the triwizard contest and those creatures hagrid teaches about in his class. I also miss the old Dumbledore, he was the best one, i liked his voice when he talked
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by prashker on 11-14-2005 at 04:03 AM

I personally dont like Harry Potter, but considering I saw the first 3 I should see the fourth.

RE: RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2005 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
i mean the last book sucked

i liked the last book....
quote:
Originally posted by azn angeland the first movie did too..
the first movie was better than the third and second, the third had a really week ending or maybe because the first was the first and we were all too excited about it.

great minds [do not] think alike, lol
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by lordy on 11-14-2005 at 12:08 PM

imo, it would have been better if they stuck with the same director for all of them, the third one was just too different

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by RaceProUK on 11-14-2005 at 03:54 PM

I intend to see it this Friday, with my new girlfriend :D
I should probably book the tickets in advance yes?

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2005 at 05:53 PM

of course, otherwise u wont get the good seats.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by John Anderton on 11-14-2005 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I should probably book the tickets in advance yes?
Yeah unless you wanna see it in a month 8-)

I cant wait for the movie the only dissapointment is that the movies cant be like the books .... else it cant be a 1 - 2 hour movie :P

It will be more like a long (documentary for about) 4 - 5 hours (movie)
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-14-2005 at 08:25 PM

I reckon OotP will have an intermission, just like Indian movies!"

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by John Anderton on 11-14-2005 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Erm .... when hollywood movies come to india .... most of them have intervals :P

Well .... it ought to cause its a 736 (approx) page book ffs .... it deserves to be atleast 3 hours (which is not big wrt indian movies :P)
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by saralk on 11-14-2005 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
rm .... when hollywood movies come to india .... most of them have intervals

yeah but Hollywood movies don't have intervals in the rest of the world, it would be ground breaking
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by John Anderton on 11-14-2005 at 08:34 PM

quote:
quote:
rm .... when hollywood movies come to india .... most of them have intervals

yeah but Hollywood movies don't have intervals in the rest of the world, it would be ground breaking
lol :P
But yeah the movie deserves it .... so does GoF in a way :sad: Cause i swear if they miss out anything important / cool in the TWT (tri wizard tournament) i will kill a few of the people who are responsible for it :dodgy:
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by RaceProUK on 11-14-2005 at 11:51 PM

quote:
quote:
Erm .... when hollywood movies come to india .... most of them have intervals :P

Well .... it ought to cause its a 736 (approx) page book ffs .... it deserves to be atleast 3 hours (which is not big wrt indian movies :P)
It's two and a half hours, according to movietickets.com. And I would book tickets online, but they don't do student prices.
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by wj on 11-14-2005 at 11:53 PM

I get to go see it this thursday!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Voldemort on 11-15-2005 at 12:05 AM

I am going to see it friay :( but on the IMAx so i beat you!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Juvani_D on 11-15-2005 at 06:02 AM

It will be shown this weekend here but I think I' m gonna watch exorcism of Emily Rose instead.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Chop on 11-15-2005 at 06:41 AM

Im going to see the movie on Friday at 12:01AM, and I have classes on Friday :P