Shoutbox

Request: Disable Smileys by single User - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Request: Disable Smileys by single User (/showthread.php?tid=52880)

Request: Disable Smileys by single User by KRMalko on 11-12-2005 at 02:02 PM

Hey there,

1st: Very great Stuff provided here ! and with MsgPlus!

My request: for 2 of my friends listed in my messenger the new features around smileys and emoticons are very amazing ...

...tooo amazing i will say, as - because its only filled by text-pictures instead the text itself there messages are getting unreadable more and more...

They like it and don#t want to change the picture-relating-text to something else, like adding an activating charachter or so - they simply like having picture filled messages..

i could drop them, but dont want. i could generally disable pictures and smileys - but i want use them normally.

as i think there are lots other fans of msg+ having same kind of friends and "problems", wouldnt it a good feature to be able simply for that single users?

or is that feature already implemeted - and i just didn't see it? I only found switches to disable all or nothing... :S

oki, thx so long

malko

RE: Request: Disable Smileys by single User by Solutech on 11-12-2005 at 04:43 PM

Got to admit those txt replacers are annoying . I have about 3 contacts that use them and they get told turn em off or email me . A way to block them would be nice .

RE: Request: Disable Smileys by single User by daved2424 on 11-19-2005 at 07:00 PM

Agreed! Anyone who can create a blocker for text replacers would be loved for ever!