Shoutbox

Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. (/showthread.php?tid=52898)

Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. by Zygar on 11-12-2005 at 09:50 PM

Some of my friends use incredibly stupid custom smilies in place of question marks or letters, or "lol," etc. These smilies usually take the form of annoying, bright, rotating, flashing or burning letters, and my usual stance is to refuse to talk to them until they remove it - I like custom smilies, but some people just abuse them to the extreme. I don't want to disable them altogether, but a feature to prevent certain words or letters from being turned into smilies would be great. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Haha, wow, I didn't see that there was another similar thread. Anyway, my request is slightly different - I'd like to set letters never to be replaced, rather than blocking all smilies from one person.
RE: Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. by mwe99 on 11-13-2005 at 12:12 AM

Okedokies, you could set a word filter up for specific ones, but you can't block some smilies and not the other afaik.

Word filter:

Plus > Preferences > Instant Messages > Word Filtering

RE: Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. by Th3rmal on 11-13-2005 at 12:39 AM

is ther an actual plug-in that can do this instead of word filtering?

RE: Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. by mathieumg on 11-23-2005 at 01:38 AM

Would like that too! As for the filter, it only works in the logs, not in the window :/

RE: Suggestion - Blocking individual smilies. by Blair on 11-23-2005 at 02:30 AM

I also have this problem. Annoys the hell out of me. Prehaps a plug in is possible? Any one got some spare time:P?