Shoutbox

Bomb Threats - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Bomb Threats (/showthread.php?tid=52945)

Bomb Threats by azn angel on 11-14-2005 at 08:25 AM

Well today, there have been numerous bomb threats for my citys public transport systems so everyone is freaked out.. well not really i mean my train was FULLY packed.. because they cancelled the one before and just recently someone found a 'suspicious' package at a bustop near my house. there are helicopters circling and stuff. some idiot probably forgot their bag there or what ever.
wtf is going on!? i feel like im in bloody america :<
what kind of an idiot calls up to say that they are going to detonate a bomb?!
i think id be safer if i moved to a country with extremists.. they wouldnt bomb their own people. what is happening to the world. its seriously pathetic and bloody annoying :<
but i could take advantage of this situation and say that before i die there are a few people who should know that they are absolute dickheads like... :P
nah im not that mean and i know i wont die. tbh id i died from an act of terrorism i wouldnt really mind.. then again i wouldnt be alive to mind :P

RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 09:41 AM

an this can be blamed on Johnny Coward, if only he never sent our troops to iraq,

RE: Bomb Threats by surfichris on 11-14-2005 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
an this can be blamed on Johnny Coward, if only he never sent our troops to iraq,
It still would have - you can't deny that there are bad people in this world and they'll do anything to prove a point or send their message.

Of course, it's now emerged that the Lucas Heights Nuclear Reactor, near where I live, was one of the targets for those terrorists arrested in the raids last week. Not fun considering we're inside the blast radius. :-/
RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 09:49 AM

thats true Chris, but Cowards Added Fuel to the Fire , Just on another Note, one of the bombers or few wil lslip threw our coast lines , i think the Goivernment has addmited there security around our shores has not been the best,

RE: Bomb Threats by saralk on 11-14-2005 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel

usually, its people tipping the authorities, or extremists claiming responsibility to get their cause heard
RE: Bomb Threats by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2005 at 10:20 AM

if the bombs threat turn out to be real, then would u guys go on calling the people tipping off the authorities idiots????
and honestly,no offence, but do Americans really have to make such a fuss about everything??
again no offence, but a day before Diwali (a major festival here) 3 bomb blasts took place, and more than a 100 died and many many were injured, but was there a 20 page topic here flaming and abusing the government or the terrorist??

RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
but was there a 20 page topic here flaming and abusing the government or the terrorist??
We Arent All Americans Here,  This isnt about american Bomb Scare, if im flaming Governments an or terrorists, i think i have a right to, its called Freedon of speech, 
RE: Bomb Threats by Underlord on 11-14-2005 at 10:37 AM

quote:
and honestly,no offence, but do Americans really have to make such a fuss about everything??
We are Australians. Please don't insult us. :refuck:
RE: Bomb Threats by azn angel on 11-14-2005 at 10:39 AM

ahh but different medias are directed in different ways.
the papers dont really say crap about terrorists and the government its generally the actually citizens bitching but what really pisses me off is the whole muslim thing. muslim people are really nice.. i mean the ones who dont believe in converting the world so i hate how australia is slowly stereotyping terrorists.

and im talking about people calling up to say theyve put a bomb on a bus or whatever. after the damage has been done people claim respsonsibility. only if people here about someone talking about a bomb or see a bomb they call. there is a difference.

honestly i can understand all the iraqi people being pissed of at us being there. i mean look what the motivation was.. find WMD. there are none! so then bush changed his mind and said oh yeah its a good thing we're there cuz hussian suxx. and john howard would bark if bush told him to.

Animal is right, we do have a coward for a prime minister. i priminister who doesnt care about the youth/young adults might i add, he would go onto the largest youth radio station in australia (triple j) and he wouldnt go on rove live (a show widely watched by the youth and young adults).

RE: Bomb Threats by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2005 at 10:43 AM

ok, sorry for the americans part.
and yes, we all have a right to speech, but we gotta use our minds before using that right, and i am not saying anything against anyone, its just that, some people just make too big a fuss about things, and i personally think we dont need that. again, i say, a bomb blast took place in the heart of the capital here on the day of the biggest festival, there is cross firing going on between terrorists and the police in a small town right now and police and even media persons have been injured. every year thousands and thousands people are killed or forced to flee in Kashmir because the terrorists attack there. even in my class there is a boy whose house in Kashmir was burnt by terrorists in 1997 and he had to flee the state and settle here. there is so so so much terror problems in our country, but do we go about making threads about it or discussing it.
ask any Indian here, if there is any (i dunno).

RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
but do we go about making threads about it or discussing it.
No,  but we arent all having a rage n rant over it, its just a Topic for us all to talk about , unless you wanna be borred staring at the same threads day/night  but if you dont like  what we are talking about, you can always ignore the whole thread
RE: Bomb Threats by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2005 at 11:21 AM

yeah ok, i just commented upon a thing, i wasnt against anyone, just that when i saw this thread, i remembered the thread there was after the London bomb blasts, and just that i didnt feel right calling people tipping off about bombs idiots, i mean, it can be a genuine call.

RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 11:25 AM

one never knows what kinda call it was an or is,

RE: Bomb Threats by azn angel on 11-14-2005 at 11:30 AM

quote:

i am indian?
maybe im not use to having helicopters flying over myhouse searching for terrorists and 4 bomb threats in one day so excuse me for commenting on how crap the world is turning out to be.

RE: Bomb Threats by Ash_ on 11-14-2005 at 01:24 PM

quote:

again no offence, but a day before Diwali (a major festival here) 3 bomb blasts took place, and more than a 100 died and many many were injured, but was there a 20 page topic here flaming and abusing the government or the terrorist??

i have the bloody right to blame the authorities and/or government officials. they're duty is to lead our countrry, successfully and if people want to come in and kill us they haven't done a very good job.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
It still would have - you can't deny that there are bad people in this world and they'll do anything to prove a point or send their message.

while this quote is true, i'm going to disagree. if john coward just left the situation alone there likelyhood that australia would get bombed would be alot less. but i spose what's done is done.

:D atleast there's no really big things in SA to bomb :cheese:

RE: Bomb Threats by Ahmad on 11-14-2005 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Of course, it's now emerged that the Lucas Heights Nuclear Reactor, near where I live, was one of the targets for those terrorists arrested in the raids last week.

Actually, it was sighted as a "potential" target, they don't actually know. And what happened to being innocent before being proven guilty? Has that concept been lost on people who have beards or are of a particular faith?

You've obviously been taken in by the over-dramatic, manipulating media that we've all come to know nowadays.

RE: Bomb Threats by absorbation on 11-14-2005 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
concept been lost on people who have beards or are of a particular faith?

I have nothing against Muslims what so ever and infact the terrorists have probably caused the most damage to their community and not to the direct people they killed. People in the UK (where I live) are very afraid now and the Muslim community has been isolated, which is totally wrong as 99.99% of them are innocent people.

RE: Bomb Threats by John Anderton on 11-14-2005 at 07:30 PM

quote:
* John Anderton pops up 8-)

Anyways .... this is not good .... the recent increase in such activites like the riots and stuff plus the natural calamities are causing a real havoc !!!
RE: Bomb Threats by emit on 11-14-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel

That procedure was invented by the IRA, different cells had different ways of identifying themselves to the police so that the police knew it really was the IRA. Also, the IRA did it to warn the police to evacuate innocents from the area (some IRC cells did, they weren't all murderous and inhumane).
RE: Bomb Threats by surfichris on 11-14-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Actually, it was sighted as a "potential" target, they don't actually know. And what happened to being innocent before being proven guilty? Has that concept been lost on people who have beards or are of a particular faith?

You've obviously been taken in by the over-dramatic, manipulating media that we've all come to know nowadays.

It's pretty damn obvious that it was one of the targets because coincidently, three of those arrested were "found" near the reactor last year by police, INSIDE the security zone.

quote:
Mazen Touma, Mohammed Elomar and Abdul Rakib Hasan were interviewed after they were stopped near an access road to the reservoir that supplies the reactor with its cooling water.

The men were inside the reactor's 1.6km security zone.

A padlock on the reservoir's access road was found to be cut, the police statement of facts said.

quote:
In December last year, Mr Touma, Mr Elomar and Mr Rakib Hasan were stopped by police near the Lucas Heights reactor.

They claimed they were in the area to ride a trail bike, but gave differing accounts of their activities that day. Police said the lock for a gate to a reservoir near to the reactor had recently been broken.

The document describes how members of the group, from Sydney's southwestern suburbs, travelled to far western NSW to conduct terror training.

Police traced them to Curranyalpa, an 8900ha property 140km southwest of Bourke, where they later found a campsite, ammunition shell cases, a fire-damaged torch battery and four spark plugs. Police believe the group also went to another camp, at Mulga Creek Station, near Bourke, in April.

[edit] - Also want to add, before I get attacked again for this, that maps and photos of the reactor were found at the campsite too. Please don't try and tell me they were going sight seeing 8-)
RE: RE: Bomb Threats by -rafy- on 11-14-2005 at 10:13 PM

quote:

How ignorant and shallow!

Do you really think we are only a target beacuse of Iraq? Thats stupid, we have been a target along with the rest of the western world for decades before that.

Was the Bali bombing after Iraq? Or before? 2002 looks like before, yet the terrorists targeted us?

You can extend this to America, no, Maerica isnt been attacked due to Iraq, most of the western world has been in the crosshairs of fundamentalist islamic extremists for decades now. And that is due to our way of life, our beliefs, not beacuse of some war that came AFTER these attacks.

No Animal, the events of the last few weeks would have happened wether we were in Iraq or not. We are active participants on the war on terror. Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you? If not, you you propose we just sit back and watch them blow the world up, and avoid our duties as world citizens?

The Iraq argument is a shallow argument that merely aims to attack the Iraq war, not beacuse the argument has any basis of evidence to it.

RE: Bomb Threats by lordy on 11-14-2005 at 10:30 PM

i agree with everything you said Rafy, but the iraq war increased our prominence on the world stage, increased out allegiance with america, and thus made us a greater target. im not saying that we werent before, but the iraw war pushed us out a bit further into the spotlight

RE: Bomb Threats by SikStyles on 11-14-2005 at 10:32 PM

Dont get near that bag azn angel!

yea, i think someone just left it there by accident and now people are like all crazy but i thinks it better safe than sorry

RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-14-2005 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
No Animal, the events of the last few weeks would have happened wether we were in Iraq or not. We are active participants on the war on terror. Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you? If not, you you propose we just sit back and watch them blow the world up, and avoid our duties as world citizens?
Rafy, at the end of the day, the USA nore any other country will win the fight on Tarrorism , so Coward IMO sent our troops an Bush sent the US troops there for nothing, all he shoulda done or had focus on was catching Bin laden an Hussien ,
RE: Bomb Threats by Ahmad on 11-15-2005 at 05:12 AM

quote:
fundamentalist islamic extremists
You can't use the words fundamental and exteme in the same sentence. Those who are "fundamentalists" cannot be extremists, and vice versa. Another case of repeat what the media says?

quote:
Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you?
Terrorists? What terrorists? Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11, Afghanistan and the then current government (Taliban) had nothing to do with him. America attacked Afghanistan for the same reason they attacked Iraq, and it was all based on lies.

At the end of the day the biggest terrorist on earth today is the American government. How can I say such a thing? It's quite easy since proof is easily established against them, while many of the "terrorists" that they claim to be fighting are either non-existent or complete slander and lies.
RE: Bomb Threats by surfichris on 11-15-2005 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11
Oh seriously, come on. He admitted it. 8-)
RE: Bomb Threats by Ahmad on 11-15-2005 at 05:32 AM

quote:
quote:
Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11
Oh seriously, come on. He admitted it. 8-)
Funny how someone all the way in Afghanistan could of planned such a perfect attack, the likes of which could not have been pulled off without the co-operation of the American government, but I won't go there :)

Also, gwb saying that Bin Laden did it, doesn't count as a confession. I've seen the videos and Bin Laden never made any admission to that attack. But I suppose everyone can make up their own fantasies.
RE: Bomb Threats by surfichris on 11-15-2005 at 05:36 AM

quote:
Funny how someone all the way in Afghanistan could of planned such a perfect attack, the likes of which could not have been pulled off without the co-operation of the American government, but I won't go there
Yes, for sure, the government was involved. 8-). He didn't plan it all - it were his supporters, was his idea etc. He had people in Amerca (ie the terrorists who did the research and pulled it off.

It seems funny to me, and you're going to take offense to this, but i'm saying it anyway, you're defending Laden, who's been a threat and made threats against the US all of his life, because he worships the same god as you and as the same religious beliefs?

Bin Laden DID admit it HIMSELF in some of the videos. I'd suggest watching them again, because he did TAKE and CLAIM FULL responsibility for the attacks.
RE: Bomb Threats by Juvani_D on 11-15-2005 at 06:00 AM

Well, talk abou bomb scares, people should be vigilant themselves when going to some public places.

RE: Bomb Threats by Underlord on 11-15-2005 at 10:20 AM

quote:

You can't use the words fundamental and exteme in the same sentence. Those who are "fundamentalists" cannot be extremists, and vice versa. Another case of repeat what the media says?

Untrue.

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
In some ways religious fundamentalism is a modern phenomenon, characterized by a sense of embattled alienation in the midst of the surrounding culture, even where the culture may be nominally influenced by the adherents' religion. The term can also refer specifically to the belief that one's religious texts are infallible and historically accurate, despite possible contradiction of these claims by modern scholarship.

RE: Bomb Threats by linx05 on 11-15-2005 at 12:52 PM

I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live. Nothing really surprising happens here lol. One of the bombs (it was a rolled up ball of bubble wrap) was on the bus route I catch.

The other "bomb" was melting ice creams.

And what did you guys think of Beattie walking around the train station after the bomb threat was called? He's my hero!

RE: Bomb Threats by absorbation on 11-15-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05

I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live.

They always get close to home.

Ahmad expresses how being blamed for his religion is wrong. Because if i had the same treatment as him, having my own community blamed with no 100% evidence i would be very angry, dispite it maybe leading that they were guilty. However the goverment as we see do not treat suspects right e.g cantalamo bay (not spelt right at all) in britain this week we did not allow terroist suspets to be questioned for over 90 days under himan rights laws. America hold suspects for the amount of time they want which is wrong.

Still terrorism has become a huge problem, of this generation and innocent people are being murdered.
RE: RE: Bomb Threats by -rafy- on 11-15-2005 at 08:02 PM

quote:
quote:
fundamentalist islamic extremists

Umm no..... Any fundamentalist ideals can be interpreted as extreme.

quote:
Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you?
Terrorists? What terrorists? Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11, Afghanistan and the then current government (Taliban) had nothing to do with him. America attacked Afghanistan for the same reason they attacked Iraq, and it was all based on lies.

At the end of the day the biggest terrorist on earth today is the American government. How can I say such a thing? It's quite easy since proof is easily established against them, while many of the "terrorists" that they claim to be fighting are either non-existent or complete slander and lies.

1) Bin laden admitted his involvment. To state otherwise is extreme denial on your part. Perhaps you are too afraid to come to terms with the fact that there are terrorists killing innocent people in your religion's name?

2) The Taliban were harbouring Bin Laden. They provided him with support and defense. If they truely had nothing to do with him, they would have given him up in the months before that war.

3) Afghanistan and Iraq are two entirely differnt wars. Yes, i admitt there are some seious questions regarding Iraq, but Afghanistan was a direct response to 9/11. Are you saying that 9/11 was a lie? Give me a break. Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.

4) The terrorists are non-existent? Tell that to the victims of 9/11, the US embassy bombings in africa, the families of the soliders killed on the USS cole, families of those killed in both Bali bombings, the Australian Embassy bombings, the Mariot hotel bombing, both london terror attacks, and the victims of the Madrid train bombs.

Nothing more to say. It is quite obvious that you have been blinded by your faith.

RE: Bomb Threats by linx05 on 11-16-2005 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live.

They always get close to home.
Not if the person lived in WA or something. Get where I'm heading at?
RE: Bomb Threats by Chrono on 11-16-2005 at 02:47 AM

quote:
That's the whole point :p. If there were more indians here, there would be a bigger chance that a thread like this one would be posted by an indian :P
RE: Bomb Threats by thc2010 on 11-16-2005 at 02:50 AM

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

RE: Bomb Threats by Ahmad on 11-16-2005 at 03:42 AM

quote:
2) The Taliban were harbouring Bin Laden. They provided him with support and defense. If they truely had nothing to do with him, they would have given him up in the months before that war.
They suggested to try him in court in their country, that was refused. They are not going to give up a man to another country just because they suspect he was the one who did it. And they have a right to defend themselves while their country is being dessimated.
quote:
3) Afghanistan and Iraq are two entirely differnt wars. Yes, i admitt there are some seious questions regarding Iraq, but Afghanistan was a direct response to 9/11. Are you saying that 9/11 was a lie? Give me a break. Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.
I don't care what the majority of people say, the majority of people are on falsehood, I only care about the truth.
quote:
4) The terrorists are non-existent? Tell that to the victims of 9/11, the US embassy bombings in africa, the families of the soliders killed on the USS cole, families of those killed in both Bali bombings, the Australian Embassy bombings, the Mariot hotel bombing, both london terror attacks, and the victims of the Madrid train bombs.
It's funny how you have only mentioned those attacks as terrorist actions. While I myself view them as terrorist actions, I also view the acts of the american government as terrorist actions. You won't agree and you don't have to agree.

quote:
Nothing more to say. It is quite obvious that you have been blinded by your faith.
My vision is crystal clear, and one day the vision of every human being will become just as clear.
RE: Bomb Threats by Pyroteq on 11-16-2005 at 06:47 AM

Ahmad thats very righteous of you, whos to say your vision is the correct one, and that one day everyone will see it. I think humans will destroy themselfs but hey.
No one is blaming your religion or muslims etc there are some really nice muslims and people from those countrys who are fine, its the extremists who do it and they are the terrorists.. You seem to have taken this all to heart dude you should lighten up and realise that its a select group of people not your whole culture and religion

RE: Bomb Threats by ipab on 11-16-2005 at 07:23 AM

I stick up for Ahamd, there are a lot of people who are confusing things. One thing is though, one cannot truly know what to believe in since things get manipulated all the time. There have been several vids of Bin Laden confessing to the bombings and endorsing more violence, that doesn't mean that he truly is, although we can speculate (perhaps the US government just wanted a scapegoat), I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, thus like the rest I do belive that Osama was the master mind behind the bombings (I find it quite ironic and funny).

As for rafy's statement that the majority of the world's leaders supported the war in Iraq, if your sig didnt inditate that you were going to uni in sydney I would have thought that you were American. There was a lof of opposition due to the fact that the US disobeyed direct UN orders (ofcourse it doesn't matter since the UN's headquarters is in the USA), Canada was one. Even though we are their closest neighbours we chose not to go to war as we felt that it was unjust and wasn't warranted. France is another example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governments'_pre-wa...sing_U.S._Position

go there for a complete list of opposing nations.

Therefore there is quite a bit of opposition to the war in Iraq. When this entire mess is cleaned up Bush is going to be held accountable for his wrong doings. He has to answer to the internation commitee.  Even the NSA Advisor himself admitted that it was wrong to go into iraq due to the reason they gave. Therefore there are many people out there who view on the US's actions as terroristic in nature.

I feel like I have repeated myself a lot of times so I'm going to stop now.

btw if anyone would like to know, I am of indian heritage.

RE: Bomb Threats by -rafy- on 11-16-2005 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rafy
Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.

RE: Bomb Threats by ipab on 11-16-2005 at 07:49 AM

I stand corrected, yes you are right about Afghanistan.

RE: Bomb Threats by linx05 on 11-16-2005 at 02:43 PM

The guy who made the threats was caught. Well that was exciting!?!

RE: Bomb Threats by absorbation on 11-16-2005 at 04:40 PM

quote:

Well they want things to hit and shock you depending wherever you live. You think it is one/ million to effect you, but sometimes people are unlucky.

Even this threat has got you thinking and effected you. But the terriosts do not just target main places and it happens everywhere and you may even lose someone you know etc. And that is the "terror part.

RE: Bomb Threats by azn angel on 11-17-2005 at 09:49 AM

oh my god. look what this thread has turned into. shame.

i believe that there is a different deffinition to terror attacks than to terrorism and attacks put together. you may disagree which is fine. but seriously i was not blaming anyone here and you all took this waaay out of proportion. the person caught for the bomb threats was..'white' which means nothing (i am trying to point out that race plays no part in this).
it seems these days that justifications for bombings are continuously changing. first threats against australia were seen as revenge for our involvment in the war. now its said that the muslims wish to 'take over the world' i think that excuses are just constantly popping up here.
THERE IS SUCH A THING AS TERRORISM AND YOUR DAMN IGNORANT IF YOU DISAGREE.
who the terrorists are... well im not too sure about that.
i think that we are in no position here to play the blame game because it all just comes down to us. i mean it in the sense that if a butterfly flaps its wings.. it may eventuate to a tsunami in china.
think about it and please, for everyones sake, STFU.

RE: Bomb Threats by linx05 on 11-17-2005 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

Well they want things to hit and shock you depending wherever you live. You think it is one/ million to effect you, but sometimes people are unlucky.

Even this threat has got you thinking and effected you. But the terriosts do not just target main places and it happens everywhere and you may even lose someone you know etc. And that is the "terror part.
It wasn't a terrorist. It was a 47 year old. Probably with mental issues. He's had a heart attack any way.

It hasn't gotten me thinking or affected me. As the saying goes, "She'll be right, mate".
RE: Bomb Threats by Hank on 11-17-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by News.Com.Au

SOUTHEAST Asia's most-wanted terrorist Noordin Mohamed Top has warned Australians to expect more attacks unless John Howard withdraws troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

In a video message, a balaclava-clad man identified as Top repeatedly stabs his index finger in the air as he threatens to attack the US, Britain, Australia and Italy, countries which he says are "enemies of Islam".

"Accidents and terror by mujaheddin will continue to take place as long as Western countries deploy their soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan," Top says.

"These threats are also valid for all states that assist Bush and Blair, especially for Australia, as long as its troops are in Afghanistan and Iraq and engage in intimidation there. You will also feel our intimidation."

Indonesian Vice-President Jusuf Kalla showed the videotaped threat to Muslim leaders from east Java yesterday, telling them he believed the masked man was Top, the fugitive Jemaah Islamiah strategist who narrowly escaped a police dragnet a week ago that trapped and killed JI master bombmaker Azahari bin Husin.

The recording also included final messages from the three suicide bombers who murdered 20 people, including four Australians, in Kuta and Jimbaran Bay on October 1.

In the video, Top warns the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Alexander Downer they would be responsible for further attacks on Australians.

"We especially remind Australia that you, Downer and Howard, are killing Australia, leading it into darkness and misfortune and mujaheddin terror," he says. "Know that as long as you (all) continue to colonise the land of Iraq and Afghanistan and intimidate Muslims then you too will feel our intimidation and terror."

Mr Howard, who is attending a meeting of Asia-Pacific leaders in South Korea, described the threat as "opportunistic" and rejected any link between the US-led war in Iraq and a greater Australian exposure to terror.

"Just because he said that doesn't prove it's the real motivation," Mr Howard said.

Mr Downer, in Adelaide for talks with US Defence Minister Donald Rumsfeld, also dismissed the warning. "We have to make it perfectly clear that whatever these people do, whatever threats they make, we have got the strength and courage to stand up to that," he said.

The video was part of a haul retrieved last week from Top's central Java hideout and a destroyed house near the east Java city of Malang, where Azahari met his end.

The man believed to have rented that house, Mochammad Cholily, and two compatriots were taken to Bali on Wednesday to be interrogated over their role in the October 1 bombings and their connections to JI.

Yesterday, Azahari's younger brother, who was in Jakarta to identify his brother's body, apologised to the victims of terrorism.

"My family and the family of Azahari's wife apologise to the people killed or injured in Bali or in front of the Australian embassy. They were innocent," he said.

In the recording Top, speaking in Indonesian with a distinctive Malaysian accent, asserted that anyone who supported George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair could be targeted by his terrorist organisation.

Besides the October 1 attacks Top and Azahari are believed to have been responsible for the October 2002 blasts in Bali that killed 202, people including 88 Australians, and subsequent attacks on the Marriott hotel and Australian embassy in Jakarta.

"The infidel rulers, the apostate rulers, those who oppress Muslims and victimise ulamas, the mujaheddin, they are our enemies who have become the targets of our attacks," Top says. "Bush, Downer and Howard, your days are not safe."

The three terrorists in the video speak alternately in Indonesian, Javanese and Arabic, and appear calm. One, identified as Nyoman Cafe bomber Salik Firdaus, urges his wife and children to remember that "when you are watching this, I will already be in heaven. If I have done anything wrong, please forgive me, and if I have any debts, please settle them".

A second, the attacker at Raja's Cafe in Kuta Square, identified as a man named Misno, quotes the sayings of the prophet Mohammed to assert that "martyrs will be carried to heaven".

The third bomber, who struck at Menega Cafe on Jimbaran Bay, remains unidentified.

Also on the video are farewell messages from three hooded men thought to have been the suicide bombers who killed 20 people, including four Australians, in Bali on October 1.

Top is a Malaysian accused of being one of Jemaah Islamiah's most senior operatives, responsible for both Bali bombings and a series of other bloody attacks.

"We repeat that our enemies are America, Australia, England, Italy," he said, pointing his finger in the air.

"And we also convey that our enemies are helpers and assistants of Bush, Blair and infidel rulers - the apostate rulers - who control Muslim people and hunt clerics and mujaheddin (Islamic warriors).

"They are our enemies who have become the targets of our attacks.

"And we specifically remind Australia that you - Downer, John Howard - have led Australia into darkness, into disaster and terrorism by mujaheddin."

Source