Shoutbox

Help Folder association - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help Folder association (/showthread.php?tid=52959)

Help Folder association by buzz on 11-14-2005 at 09:14 PM

hey, something happend to some of my computers folders so that i cant open them. From what i see its because it has the wrong association...i was wondering what program i should select to change the folder back into a folder.
thx

RE: Help Folder association by Reaper on 11-14-2005 at 09:16 PM

what happens when you try and open them and can you post a screenshot of what has happened?

RE: Help Folder association by buzz on 11-14-2005 at 09:24 PM

its treating the folder like a picture
[Image: untitled14ix.th.jpg]

RE: Help Folder association by Reaper on 11-14-2005 at 10:29 PM

well, if you know roughly when this has happened you can try a system restore if you have any available dates. but before you do it, ill keep finding out any info and ill let you know

RE: Help Folder association by matty on 11-14-2005 at 10:41 PM

It isn't a folder its a file without an extension that is why it is asking you what program to open it with.

RE: Help Folder association by buzz on 11-15-2005 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
It isn't a folder its a file without an extension that is why it is asking you what program to open it with
read my post it was a folder then something happend to it and it became a file...thats my problem

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
well, if you know roughly when this has happened you can try a system restore if you have any available dates. but before you do it, ill keep finding out any info and ill let you know
i tried that and i didnt change anything
RE: Help Folder association by matty on 11-15-2005 at 03:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by buzz
hey, something happend to some of my computers folders so that i cant open them. From what i see its because it has the wrong association...i was wondering what program i should select to change the folder back into a folder.
thx
What you don't understand is folders don't have a file accosiation to them. It is default within Windows that cannot be changed. Windows Explorer is what is used to view them.
RE: Help Folder association by MeEtc on 11-15-2005 at 03:14 AM

umm, dunno if this will work, but open it with explorer.exe or explorer.scf?