Shoutbox

[Request] Flashing Tab - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Request] Flashing Tab (/showthread.php?tid=52968)

[Request] Flashing Tab by mlevit on 11-15-2005 at 01:43 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way of stopping the tab from flashing after a certain number of flashes. When a new message is received the tab flashes continiously until clicked.

Could this be fixed and made like the taskbar flashing, where after a certain number of flashes the taskbar would turn orange and sieze flashing.

Thank you

RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by qgroessl on 11-15-2005 at 01:49 AM

There's a fifteen second delay until the flashing stops. It automatically switches you to that conversation.

RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by kierant on 11-15-2005 at 01:50 AM

Who said he was talking about tabbed chats? I think he just means in general.

RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by qgroessl on 11-15-2005 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Who said he was talking about tabbed chats? I think he just means in general.

So I figured he meant tabbed chats... shoot me.... Anyways... It wouldn't be a bad idea.
RE: RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by mlevit on 11-15-2005 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
There's a fifteen second delay until the flashing stops. It automatically switches you to that conversation.

I am talking about tabbed chats. When im chatting to another person, the tab will continously blink. It will never stop flashing/switch until clicked or switched to by the user.
RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by qgroessl on 11-15-2005 at 01:59 AM

Well... there should be a fifteen second delay after somebody talks to you, and if your in a different conversation, it will switch to the flashing conversation. As for stopping the blinking and the icon just staying orange. I don't think this has been implemented... But does sound like a good idea, as the flash notification does get a bit annoying if your trying to do something.

RE: RE: RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by kierant on 11-15-2005 at 02:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mlevit
quote:

I am talking about tabbed chats. When im chatting to another person, the tab will continously blink. It will never stop flashing/switch until clicked or switched to by the user.

Well there you go...I eat my hat qgroessl:$
RE: RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by mlevit on 11-15-2005 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Well... there should be a fifteen second delay after somebody talks to you, and if your in a different conversation, it will switch to the flashing conversation. As for stopping the blinking and the icon just staying orange. I don't think this has been implemented... But does sound like a good idea, as the flash notification does get a bit annoying if your trying to do something.

That can't be true. If im talking to person A and person B replies. The tab will blink for 15 seconds and then switch to persons B conversation after 15 seconds, even thought you are still talking to person A?

I have tried talking to two people and persons B tab does not stop blinking after any period of time, it also does not switch.
RE: [Request] Flashing Tab by qgroessl on 11-15-2005 at 02:48 AM

Look in the Plus! preferences ---> Instant Messages ---> Tabbed Chats ---> Be sure the "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages" feature is enabled.