Shoutbox

Pc Uptime Status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Pc Uptime Status (/showthread.php?tid=53001)

Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-16-2005 at 12:08 AM

hi im not sure if this has been done before but here we go
Im looking for a plugin that can like record your pc uptime. and change your personal message on msn the the in the possible order of

code:
Weeks : days : Hours: Mins

ok this is supose 2 man that week and days dosnt show up if the uptime hasnt reached those specific amounts mins would most lilky best not 2 be put it as it will update to quick lol

erm is this possible.
if so would anyone be willin to make for me????? and others if they want it :)
RE: Pc Uptime Status by Pyroteq on 11-16-2005 at 06:33 AM

Add me to msn and i will send you my uptime.exe, you will have to disable blocked file extensions with a plugin like Stuffplug-NG tho.

RE: Pc Uptime Status by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-16-2005 at 07:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Add me to msn and i will send you my uptime.exe, you will have to disable blocked file extensions with a plugin like Stuffplug-NG tho.
Zip it to him?... :P..
RE: Pc Uptime Status by Pyroteq on 11-16-2005 at 08:53 AM

Your a thinker.

RE: Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-16-2005 at 10:07 AM

:( didnt actualy do wht i asked for lol. if u read the full post. you will see

RE: Pc Uptime Status by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-16-2005 at 11:50 AM

Well... Shouldn't really be much of a problem... I can make one when I get home... I don't know if I'll get the time today, but it shouldn't be to too much work...
Well.. Take a look at the Plugin's data base:

Uptime Counter
I don't know if it works, or not... Though you can try... If not, then I will create one...

RE: Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-16-2005 at 12:29 PM

yer i use to use that. its actualy quite near what i am after.
except i dont wnana have to type the command all the time
i jsut want it to change my personal message to it instead and update ever 5 mins or so.

i was actualy thinking of asking you aswell :P i said you counter in nick n gav it a try  but obviously didnt load it right :P

RE: Pc Uptime Status by Supersonicdarky on 11-16-2005 at 12:33 PM

actually it could also be w:d:h:m:seconds, and have the pm update every second, instead of 5 minutes :)

but you can't have it in your nick because it can be changed only a certain number of times per minute

RE: Pc Uptime Status by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-16-2005 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
actually it could also be w:h:m:seconds, and have the pm update every second, instead of 5 minutes :)

but you can't have it in your nick because it can be changed only a certain number of times per minute
Well... The problem would be the same.. I don't think there is a limit on the PSM, but you have to think about that the information needs to reach the MSN Servers and then reach your contacts.. So there would probably be up to 5-10 seconds delay before your contacts sees the change... and on top of this you would fill the MSN Servers with requests/messages constantly, and it sending the message to all your contacts.. Would just be a massive amount of traffic on the MSN Servers... So, setting the PSM should be considered the same as setting your nickname...
RE: Pc Uptime Status by Supersonicdarky on 11-16-2005 at 12:49 PM

well there's no problem with the countdown plugin, and that updates every second and no problem there...

or you could have a menu where you choose how often it updates :)

RE: Pc Uptime Status by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-16-2005 at 12:53 PM

Well.. I could do it for you, but it will be using the nickname... I haven't looked much on the PSM, so I have to do some research there first, and I don't have time for that now...

RE: Pc Uptime Status by matty on 11-16-2005 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Well.. I could do it for you, but it will be using the nickname... I haven't looked much on the PSM, so I have to do some research there first, and I don't have time for that now...

Code is sloppy just not concerned about it all that much. This sets the PSM as the uptime. PSM is coded by CookieRevised and Daniel from MSNFanatic.
RE: Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-17-2005 at 12:24 AM

i still only want it evey 5 mins. i dont want my event log filling up with useless information that i already know lol.

just a simple thing for the psm and updates every 5m no faster

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

Code is sloppy just not concerned about it all that much. This sets the PSM as the uptime. PSM is coded by CookieRevised and Daniel from MSNFanatic.

what do i open the file with after winzip lol. never met a .frm

RE: Pc Uptime Status by ShawnZ on 11-17-2005 at 12:25 AM

Applications > Accessories > Terminal

"uptime && uname -a"

RE: Pc Uptime Status by matty on 11-17-2005 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Applications > Accessories > Terminal

"uptime && uname -a"
What does this have to do with anything?
quote:
Originally posted by sno
i still only want it evey 5 mins. i dont want my event log filling up with useless information that i already know lol.

just a simple thing for the psm and updates every 5m no faster

what do i open the file with after winzip lol. never met a .frm
This is a visual basic form you need Visual Basic 6 to open it. It is actually an example for Cyberdude for programming this I am just too lazy and can't be bothered.
RE: Pc Uptime Status by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-17-2005 at 10:41 AM

Thanks matty, the example works just fine.. Now I just gotta find a litle time to make a plugin.. :P... Lol...

RE: Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-17-2005 at 10:45 AM

i supose i should maybe start trying to learn to do this visual basic program thingy :)

RE: Pc Uptime Status by sno on 11-19-2005 at 12:30 AM

any updates to this??