Shoutbox

Messenger disconnects constantly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger disconnects constantly (/showthread.php?tid=53009)

Messenger disconnects constantly by darrel on 11-16-2005 at 04:14 AM

OK I've been a MsgPlus user for years and I wanna first say I love it :)

However I've been having a problem with Messenger Plus recently, it disconnects itself constantly, like every 5 minutes or so. When it disconnects, it never goes back online. Right clicking the icon and choosing "sign in" doesn't work: I get the "Service is temporarily not available" message. I have to use the "sign in" button in its window to re-sign in.

I uninstalled MsgPlus and the problem was gone. Once MsgPlus was installed without any plugin, the problem re-appeared. Anyone has an idea? Thanks!

Versions: XP SP2, Messenger 7.5.331, MsgPlus 3.54, 3.60 and 3.61 all have this problem. The only plugin I use is StuffPlug (the latest beta, and only enabling the Ad blocking features).

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by Underlord on 11-16-2005 at 04:19 AM

If you have your password saved try and re-enter it. There seems to be an issue with disconnecting and reconnecting without re-entering the password. I get that same message "Service is temporarily not available". Are you sure your internet isn't disconnecting every 5 mins?

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by darrel on 11-16-2005 at 04:25 AM

Thanx I'll try not saving the password... I'm pretty sure my internet is fine most of the time, DUMeter shows continuous lines when I download but Messenger still disconnects...

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by Hank on 11-16-2005 at 04:28 AM

Messenger Servers have been experiencing problems, yhave you tried Disabling Plus an Running MSN Messenger on its own to see if it stays connected?

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by darrel on 11-16-2005 at 04:30 AM

I did try that, it stayed for at least 30 minutes which is almost a record :D

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by Hank on 11-16-2005 at 04:34 AM

all i can/could put it down to is MSN servers,

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by darrel on 11-16-2005 at 04:41 AM

In that case, my friends are not affected though...

RE: Messenger disconnects constantly by Hank on 11-16-2005 at 04:52 AM

depends what MSN server they connect to,