Shoutbox

Grrr Damn sister. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Grrr Damn sister. (/showthread.php?tid=53065)

Grrr Damn sister. by Curtis on 11-18-2005 at 01:46 AM

My sister is totally computer illiterate and she keeps fucking up all my plugins.  I was wondering if you could make it so plus! only works for one account?  It gets annoying having to fix msn every day.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by matty on 11-18-2005 at 01:56 AM

Lock out the preferences for Plus! on her account?

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by qgroessl on 11-18-2005 at 05:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
I was wondering if you could make it so plus! only works for one account?

There currently is no way to do this. The way MsgPlus! is hooked onto MSN Messenger this is impossible.
RE: Grrr Damn sister. by ipab on 11-18-2005 at 06:46 AM

techincally you should be able to, just have plus startup when you login to windows, but disable it when she logs into windows (remove from her startup list).

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Mentality on 11-18-2005 at 10:53 AM

password protect it. thats the simple way of doing it.

create a back up, so just run the back-up everytime you restart rather than mess around re-configuring. thats shud do it to.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Curtis on 11-19-2005 at 05:22 AM

How do you password protect it?  If it has anything to do with different windows accounts, I can't do it because we have the same account.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Underlord on 11-19-2005 at 05:31 AM

Go into "Plus! --> Preferences --> Privacy Protection --> Passwords" and enable "preferences lock-down" with a password she doesn't know.

Also you could lock MSN Messenger or the computer while you arn't using it.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Curtis on 11-19-2005 at 06:20 AM

If I do that she will just get mad at me and my dad will make me turn it off, I just want to disable it for her account.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Underlord on 11-19-2005 at 06:33 AM

On her MSN account she can't change the "Plus!" settings for your account :S.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Curtis on 11-19-2005 at 08:25 AM

I know but with stuffplug some of the things don't work for her because she fucks up her msn so much and she just disables everything.

RE: Grrr Damn sister. by John Anderton on 11-19-2005 at 09:10 AM

quote:
I know but with stuffplug some of the things don't work for her because she fucks up her msn so much and she just disables everything.
Since she is "totally computer illiterate", you can just remove it from her startup so she wont know that she should go and start msgplus.exe ;)

I think thats a good idea (as suggested above) assuming she is "totally computer illiterate"
RE: Grrr Damn sister. by QtanJ on 11-19-2005 at 11:29 AM

You can use one of theese.

Remove it from startup(for the single user you both use) and then when you want to use plus you go to run and write c:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe or if you have a different path write that instead.

Make a shortout to it she don't know and set a hotkey. That shortout may be in the same folder as msgplus since it's only function is hotkey.

[QUOTE=John Anderton]Since she is "totally computer illiterate", you can just remove it from her startup so she wont know that she should go and start msgplus.exe

I think thats a good idea (as suggested above) assuming she is "totally computer illiterate"

No John Anderton they use the same windows account so you have to explain better how to remove it from that user if that's going to work the last you suggested.
RE: Grrr Damn sister. by Underlord on 11-19-2005 at 11:42 AM

quote:

Well if it's for her benefit, then tell her not to touch the settings.