Shoutbox

Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) (/showthread.php?tid=53068)

Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Ash_ on 11-18-2005 at 05:00 AM

Well, i propose we hold competitions where users can display there various skills etc OOP, Layout Design, Clean Code etc.

The first competition would be one of these 3.

Blogging System.
Forum.
Wiki system.

The winner will be decided via other coders, people will not be able to vote for their own code.

seeing's as there are alot of Web Developers hanging around the forums these days, i just thought it would be a nice in-between projects type project.

I'll make a pole, if your interested please vote on the pole, add ideas only to thsi thread. please don't spam, thanks for your time.

edit: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53069
vote Yes or no, and choose which one you would like to be the first.

Ok, there are some results on the poll i'll give it one more day.

The will be a prize for the person most voted for, -dt- will supply the winner with a free domain name of their choice.
Ok, well it looks like the Blogging system won.

Please post in this thread if you want to be in it.

the due date will be in a months time (21st of December) and the winner will recieve a free domain name from -dt-.

at the end of the month of 3 people will be choosen to judge the site.

It will be judged on Style/Code Cleanliness/Originality (like creating a function og your own, that no one or not many blogs have).

goodluck to all.

6747 days, 17 hours, 20 seconds ago Till registries close.
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by dotNorma on 11-21-2005 at 03:27 AM

By blogging system, do you want us to create a blogging backend like wordpress or a online registration blog like livejournal.com?

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 11-21-2005 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
By blogging system, do you want us to create a blogging backend like wordpress or a online registration blog like livejournal.com?
whatever you think will impress :P
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Ash_ on 11-21-2005 at 04:24 AM

Oh and another rule, the project must be completely from scratch, dont go adding things to wordpress and calling it your own :P

edit: Im in. starting now.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by ipab on 11-21-2005 at 04:55 AM

oh so am i, i just hope that -dt- or wdz are ommitted from this competition :refuck:

us n00bs are bounds to lose otherwise.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by rav0 on 11-21-2005 at 05:18 AM

I'm in.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by dotNorma on 11-21-2005 at 05:32 AM

You can consider me in the competition, although Im not sure how much time I will be able to commit to development.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Veggie on 11-21-2005 at 07:25 PM

if i can find the time i will give it a go, i have a few classes kicking around which might come in handy methinks

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Ezra on 11-21-2005 at 10:54 PM

I would love to take a shot, but i'm too busy with school projects. Maybe next time.

Can't wait to see the results :)

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by brian on 11-24-2005 at 01:01 AM

I'm already done! http://www.wordpress.com =p

I'm in, I guess.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 12-03-2005 at 05:33 PM

dt is in :P

* -dt- beat the registration time thing...

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by saralk on 12-03-2005 at 05:35 PM

go on then, i'm in

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Ezra on 01-03-2006 at 06:56 PM

Whatever happened to this contest anyway?

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 01-03-2006 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Ash_ was lost to WoW and everything died. I do however have a fully working blog atm....
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Ash_ was lost to WoW and everything died. I do however have a fully working blog atm....
* Lou wants to see please
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 01-04-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
quote:
* lou_habs wants to see please
http://darktempler.be/dt_blog/
admin stuff...
username : admin
password : a

probley has some nice exploits :P
RE: RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Lou on 01-04-2006 at 04:40 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
* lou_habs wants to see please
http://darktempler.be/dt_blog/
admin stuff...
username : admin
password : a

probley has some nice exploits :P

its very nice. Would make you the winner:P

Only problem is:

Valid XHTML | Valid CSS |

It's not either of those. :dodgy:

It's very nice(y)
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by absorbation on 01-04-2006 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dt
probley has some nice exploits (Smilie)

I'll call segosa :D

leejeffery's blog would of been good
http://www.eljayblog.com

that's the last time i buy stupid domains :dodgy:
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 01-05-2006 at 03:20 AM

quote:

Only problem is:

It's not either of those. (Smilie)
lol yea well it was... but i kept changing things.
* -dt- looks at the errors

pffffffffft :P dodgy errors in my search script.

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by Lou on 01-05-2006 at 03:32 AM

quote:
quote:

Only problem is:

It's not either of those. (Smilie)
lol yea well it was... but i kept changing things.
* -dt- looks at the errors

pffffffffft :P dodgy errors in my search script.
if you fix, can I get a copy of that blog system?(a)
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by rav0 on 01-05-2006 at 02:52 PM

If you don't fix, can I get a copy anyway. (think of the linkage shown to 10^1 people a month!)

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 01-05-2006 at 03:29 PM

rotfl why do you people want it :/ its not that good :P ... unless you wana look at my code

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by rav0 on 01-05-2006 at 03:35 PM

I've been thinking of putting a blogware powered blog on my site, but I a heap of extra bullshit like XFN, and I wan't to integrate it into what I already have myself.

Don't you agree that my website webpage could be a bit more active?

Will it work under PHP 4.3 in safe mode (ISP hosting)?

RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by -dt- on 01-05-2006 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
I've been thinking of putting a blogware powered blog on my site, but I a heap of extra bullshit like XFN, and I wan't to integrate it into what I already have myself.

Don't you agree that my website webpage could be a bit more active?

Will it work under PHP 4.3 in safe mode (ISP hosting)?

:P whats your website? ... it just links to your opera thing.

it requires php5 sorry. 
I can give you php5 hosting if you want?
RE: Idea to pass time (PHP/ASP/HTML Coders see this) by rav0 on 01-05-2006 at 10:43 PM

Yeah, I killed it once, so I took out the link and added my Opera link instead, It's here (and both these links now feature on) http://darktempler.be/dt_blog/ :spam:.

PS I'll be PMing you about scabbing hosting from you  soon, but I'm about to unplug my modem and send it for repair (even though they just send out a new one and not actually repair it).