Shoutbox

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** (/showthread.php?tid=53082)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Rubber Stamp on 11-18-2005 at 05:38 PM

i just saw the movie. its great, better than the previous ones in my opinion. i love the 1st task part and the part when Voldemort returns back to his snaky body. only bad thing is that sirius and molly weasley are missing (thats if u dont count the part in which harry talks to sirius through that fireplace..thats hardly any face in the fire). the movie moves on a quick pace, but that i expected when a 700 page (around) book is turned into a 3 hour movie. the battle between harry and voldy could have lasted longer. but overall, pretty good movie.
how did you find it??

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by John Anderton on 11-18-2005 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
**Warning:Might be a spoiler**
Read the book ages ago lol :P

Havent seen it yet but can you tell me one thing .... how did they show the part where when harry and tom cast their spells and there is that special thing that happens cause both of them had the feather of the same pheonix ..... I hope that looked good.

In the movie i wanna see the following points
  1. Emma at the dance (yule ball was it ??) :drool:
  2. The three tasks
  3. That moment described above with the whole fight
  4. Mad eye and some other small points ;)
    [/list]

[/list]Also i want to see if they will mention the fact that dumbeldore finds a room full of chocolate frogs (since its related to OotP ;))

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Rubber Stamp on 11-18-2005 at 06:00 PM

yea they showed the dueling part and it was pretty cool with red rays frm harry's wand and the green frm voldy's. and then harry forces his light beam towards voldy. they didnt show them hovering in the air or any golden mesh forming, but they showed the shadow of harry's father and mother and cedric's asking him to take his body back to school. only that it kindof ended all too suddenly, even then it looked quite good.
emma looked seriously good at the yule ball, mad eye was really cool, cho chang was a dissapointment(sp?) to me, i expected her to be actually stunning after all the prases for her looks in the books.
and no, they dont mention the part where dumbledore finds the chocolate frogs or the emergency bathroom.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Negro_Joe on 11-18-2005 at 06:05 PM

im seeing it tommorow with traxor at 2:20..:P

im so excited..its going ot own...:P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-18-2005 at 06:15 PM

I am going to see it tomorrow with Negro_Joe at 2:20...:P

im so excited..its going ot own...:P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by wj on 11-18-2005 at 06:19 PM

I saw it yesterday at 7:15pm :-P

It was pretty good. Decent CG and such, but it was darker then the previous two.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Negro_Joe on 11-18-2005 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
but it was darker then the previous two.

Dont you mean three...? :S
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by John Anderton on 11-18-2005 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I am going to see it tomorrow with Negro_Joe at 2:20...:P:P

im so excited..its going ot own...

:dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by wj
but it was darker then the previous two.
Yay :D .... thats the whole point aint it wj :tongue:
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Stigmata on 11-18-2005 at 06:48 PM

ummm??

why does it come out in america before over here?

its a BRITISH movie :S

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by John Anderton on 11-18-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ummm??

its a BRITISH movie [Image: msn_confused.gif]
Why isnt it a worldwide simultaneous relase :S

It released here today. When was it released there sitg ??
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Negro_Joe on 11-18-2005 at 06:56 PM

well its released here today aswell...:P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by wj on 11-18-2005 at 07:03 PM

It was released in the US here today as well.

I got to see it early :-P

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Yay .... thats the whole point aint it wj
:-P

And, yes, Should have said three.
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by saralk on 11-18-2005 at 08:44 PM

quote:
ummm??

its a BRITISH movie :S

it didn't i saw it today, it really rocked.

The weird sisters rocked (Jarvis Cocker + 2 people from Radiohead)
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by hmaster on 11-18-2005 at 08:47 PM

The debut showing here was 20:30.. prob go 2mrw to watch it!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by NiteMare on 11-19-2005 at 06:45 AM

quote:
its a BRITISH movie 
its not a british movie, its a based on a british book, so thats why its got the accents and the settings

just like a movie like, rush hour (1 or 2), its take place in china(for the most part), but its not a chinize movie
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-19-2005 at 09:48 AM

I am going to see it today, it is going to be absolutely amazing... I will fill you in on all of the details throughout the film...

I had a dream about it last night, and it ended with Harry Potter punching Dumbledore or something :S...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by saralk on 11-19-2005 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
its a BRITISH movie 
its not a british movie, its a based on a british book, so thats why its got the accents and the settings

just like a movie like, rush hour (1 or 2), its take place in china(for the most part), but its not a chinize movie

its an American financed film, but the actors, directors, settings, crew and pretty much everything else is British.
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by John Anderton on 11-19-2005 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
And, yes, Should have said three.
Erm .... the first was supposed to be dark ???
Imo its kinda childish .... good book but the movie was more fun than dark :P
The darkness grows on you from the second movie onwards.
Fifth isnt too dark per say .... but its awesome in its own right with all that happens and with all the info

The best thing is that my exams end on the 16th .... ill go watch the movie and read the 6th book then (no time with my university :sad:)
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-19-2005 at 06:11 PM

I just got back from watching it, it was a trully amazing movie. Although, they missed out a lot of stuff, such as the whole Rita Skeeter as the animagus thing, and Fleur Delaceur meeting Charlie Weasley. One major disappointment though was that you didn't get to watch the Quidditch World Cup.

Overall, it was brilliant.

RE: RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Lt.Col.DraGon on 11-20-2005 at 08:14 AM

quote:
I just got back from watching it, it was a trully amazing movie. Although, they missed out a lot of stuff, such as the whole Rita Skeeter as the animagus thing, and Fleur Delaceur meeting Charlie Weasley. One major disappointment though was that you didn't get to watch the Quidditch World Cup.

Overall, it was brilliant.

What??, no quidditch? ... all movies need to have a quidditch match, come on... are you serious?
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by NiteMare on 11-20-2005 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
quote:
its a BRITISH movie 

its an American financed film, but the actors, directors, settings, crew and pretty much everything else is British.
true, but i think saying its a british movie, is kind of rude, its a movie for the whole world to enjoy

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-20-2005 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
What??, no quidditch? ... all movies need to have a quidditch match, come on... are you serious?
Yeah, I'm dead serious... It really annoyed me, I was getting all worked up because it has a really cool build up at the Quidditch World Cup, the entrances and stuff, then it just cuts to everybody in the tent celebrating!

quote:
true, but i think saying its a british movie, is kind of rude, its a movie for the whole world to enjoy
I don't see why it's rude calling it a British movie. Pizza is Italian, but people all over the world still enjoy it?

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by lordy on 11-20-2005 at 09:59 AM

actually pizza originated  in france :)

also dont see how its rude...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-20-2005 at 10:02 AM

Well yeah, either way. Rush Hour 1 & 2 are American films because all of the staff are American, and it had American writers. Harry Potter is a British film because all of the staff are British, but the American's finance it...

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by lordy on 11-20-2005 at 10:08 AM

plus JK said she wouldnt release the rights to it unless the majority of the cast (basically all) were british

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by linx05 on 11-20-2005 at 11:03 AM

I'm not really a HP fan but would like to know how the guys from Radiohead performed. Big fan of the band.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by saralk on 11-20-2005 at 03:54 PM

they were amazing, you only saw them for about 5 seconds, but the songs really really rock

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by linx05 on 11-20-2005 at 05:00 PM

I might watch it just to see them. Or get someone to fast forward to it :P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by John Anderton on 11-20-2005 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Harry Potter is a British film because all of the staff are British
Harry potter is british cause all the actors, daniel, emma etc and JK Rowling herself are British. Period

quote:
Yeah, I'm dead serious... It really annoyed me, I was getting all worked up because it has a really cool build up at the Quidditch World Cup, the entrances and stuff, then it just cuts to everybody in the tent celebrating!
What !!! They dont show that huge dive by victor :|
Ban the god damn movie :blah: I demand a remake lol

Imo the people who make the movie should seriously think of making movies Indian Style ie to have longer movies with an intermission half way through. That way we wont be sitting here going :blah: after the release of every harry potter movie :P
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Negro_Joe on 11-20-2005 at 06:24 PM

i saw it yesterdays..

OMG, it was amazing...:P

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Savior on 11-20-2005 at 07:54 PM

great movie seen it

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Joe on 11-20-2005 at 08:44 PM

Just got home. Outstanding

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-20-2005 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joe cool

I've been at home all day, it wasn't that amazing...
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by hmaster on 11-20-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by joe cool
I've been at home all day, it wasn't that amazing...
:lol:

Just got home. The movie was better than I thought it would be even though it missed out alot.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by toddiot on 11-21-2005 at 02:07 AM

Mad eyed moody's eye was hilarious, but i don't think i liked it that much. For one thing it was amazingly choppy, but i guess you have to expect that with a 700 page book. Also, Daniel 'Cliff just doesn't do it for me. In my opinion, the older he gets, the worse of an actor he gets.

Ah well... it's not like I couldn't have not gone! [double-negative...] It was pretty good though. I'm glad I went.

Sorry to be a stick in the *ss to those of you who really liked it. :)

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Ginger on 11-21-2005 at 02:12 AM

I think it was a great movie but after seeing it i can understand why alot of kids here werent allowed to see it cus its definitely darker.  Im pissed about the whole quidditch thing and the fact that viktor krum looked like a fat russian but other than that it was amazing. O and all the tickets here for the movie are sold out till next thursday at the theater i was in.

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Rubber Stamp on 11-22-2005 at 04:57 PM

they had earlier planned it release it across two parts with a seven month gap in between them, but the director changed and the new one didnt go wid the two part idea!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by user27089 on 11-22-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
they had earlier planned it release it across two parts with a seven month gap in between them, but the director changed and the new one didnt go wid the two part idea!

I don't think that would of been a bad idea, especially the 7 month gap thing, it would've been cool if it was two parts, and you got to watch them one after the other, like... 2hr 30min each. That way, they could've put a lot more stuff in, and had an interval...
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Rubber Stamp on 11-22-2005 at 05:10 PM

yeah, i five hour movie would have been cooool!

RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire**Warning:Might be a spoiler** by Negro_Joe on 11-22-2005 at 08:42 PM

5 hours, hmm shorter then that at most four hours....:P