Shoutbox

msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work. (/showthread.php?tid=53091)

msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work. by twang^ on 11-19-2005 at 05:02 AM

msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work.

I have the box checked under my screen name, I seem to have it checked in the options box, why does it not show people what I am listening to?

I even added my self on msn to check this, and before, when listening to music on WMP it would say the title, artist etc. But now adays it doesn't show a thing. Any suggestions?

also.

About 2 days ago, i uninstalled MSN to try to fix the problem I mentioned above, and when i got 7.5 back, i can no longer see my contact's MSN space when i right click their name and go to "View contact card"..

Usually it says something along the lines of "Connecting" and then it displays pictures from their msn space and some blog titles. All of a sudden I dont have the ability to see them! What is going on?

Thanks for your time.

RE: myspace and 'what im listening to' dont work. by ShawnZ on 11-19-2005 at 05:04 AM

Its not myspace! This is myspace, this is MSN spaces.

RE: myspace and 'what im listening to' dont work. by twang^ on 11-19-2005 at 05:07 AM

Thank you for clarifying that. MSN spaces it is.

RE: myspace and 'what im listening to' dont work. by Underlord on 11-19-2005 at 05:07 AM

For reference "myspace" is www.myspace.com
What you are refering to is spaces.

Edit: Seems Shawnz said this while i was typing out my post.

quote:
Originally posted by twang^
About 2 days ago, i uninstalled MSN to try to fix the problem I mentioned above, and when i got 7.5 back, i can no longer see my contact's myspace when i right click their name and go to "View contact card"..

Usually it says something along the lines of "Connecting" and then it displays pictures from their myspace and some blog titles. All of a sudden I dont have the ability to see them! What is going on?
This sounds like a server issue and often happens to me. Usually it starts working again, on its own, after some amount of time.
RE: myspace and 'what im listening to' dont work. by ShawnZ on 11-19-2005 at 05:09 AM

Among the standard checks, do you use a firewall or router?q

RE: RE: myspace and 'what im listening to' dont work. by twang^ on 11-19-2005 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Among the standard checks, do you use a firewall or router?q

I have both a software firewall and a router. My firewall gives MSN  full access to  my computer so that is not a problem (since I have had it working before). But recently I have messed with some port forwarding with my router. What ports should be open for msn spaces or the music 'what I am listening to' to work?
RE: msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work. by Underlord on 11-19-2005 at 05:18 AM

It shouldn't require any ports to be open.

RE: msn space and 'what im listening to' dont work. by Th3rmal on 11-19-2005 at 05:56 AM

open up windows media play, click Tools -> Plug-ins -> MSN Messenger Music Plug-in. it should now work (well at least your music problem)