Shoutbox

Firefox Theme Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Firefox Theme Problem (/showthread.php?tid=53123)

Firefox Theme Problem by Th3rmal on 11-20-2005 at 11:15 AM

Well i was changing my theme in firefox and everything went well until i restarted Firefox. the theme i intended to use was called Aquainant (or something im not sure). anyway now it has totally stuffed up my whole FF and i cant do anything about it, can anyone help me? i hav tried uninstalling it and restarting my pc and even installing older versions but it just doesnt work. any help would be apreciated. here is a screenshot of it.

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Hank on 11-20-2005 at 11:29 AM

have you updated the Theme?

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Th3rmal on 11-20-2005 at 11:42 AM

i cant do anything cus thers nothing to click and i dont know what to click. i am really desperate here since i like only use FF. has anyone had this problem before?

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Tochjo on 11-20-2005 at 11:53 AM

I had a similar problem before. Deleting my profile and creating a new one fixed it. That's a rather drastic solution though.

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Th3rmal on 11-20-2005 at 11:56 AM

and how may i do that?

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Tochjo on 11-20-2005 at 12:01 PM

Click Start > Run and type in %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\ and click OK. Delete all stuff that's there as soon as you have read what's below. This will erase all bookmarks and stuff that you saved/modified, so just like a fresh install.

You can save some settings (e.g. bookmarks) by diving into the Profile folder and the folder with the weird name. The files bookmarks.html and prefs.js might be worth saving. After deleting the profile and restarting Firefox you have to start all over again. Then close Firefox, go to the Profiles\weird name folder again and replace the newly made bookmarks.html and prefs.js with the saved files.

Note that one of the files is corrupt, but I don't know which one. If you save and put back the corrupt file you'll have the same problem all over again. I don't think the bookmarks file and the preferences file are corrupt though.

Good luck :)

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by Th3rmal on 11-20-2005 at 12:20 PM

thank you very much. i got back all of my bookmarks and preferances and firefox is working again. now all i need to do is install my extensions and themes again...

RE: Firefox Theme Problem by GiantSpider on 11-20-2005 at 02:15 PM

I think a simpler soloution is to run FF in safe mode. That brings up the default skin & you can change the theme or update it from there. It worked for me.