Shoutbox

Question: msn messenger and Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Question: msn messenger and Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=53128)

Question: msn messenger and Firefox by ocassali on 11-20-2005 at 03:25 PM

Is it possible to open hotmail/msn mailbox in a Firefox window from msn Messenger?

(The problem is that Internet Exporer doesn't work anymore on my PC and can't be repaired)

RE: Question: msn messenger and Firefox by Nathan on 11-20-2005 at 03:29 PM

I have actually been wanting someone to make a plugin for this.
I couldnt find any but maybe someone else can!

RE: Question: msn messenger and Firefox by Menthix on 11-20-2005 at 03:32 PM

StuffPlug can do this for you (stuffplug is a Messenger Plus! plugin). I do not know of a way without external software to make this happen.

RE: Question: msn messenger and Firefox by ocassali on 11-20-2005 at 04:52 PM

StuffPlug works perfectly... Thank you :-)

RE: Question: msn messenger and Firefox by linx05 on 11-20-2005 at 04:56 PM

I guess if you change all the html file types to be opened with Firefox it can be done.

I can open all links from MSNM in Maxthon. I don't need StuffPlug anymore. I think all it comes down to are what extensions are registered. Maybe someone can look into this more?

EDIT: I am saying this because I know some people have problems with opening all links in Firefox. Maybe it has changed with the newer versions. Don't know for sure.

RE: Question: msn messenger and Firefox by steVenB on 11-20-2005 at 05:19 PM

Stuffplug is the easiest way. However, when I had firefox opening my hotmail, I noticed that some things were a bit off. For instance you couldn't attach pictures, only files. I also noticed some other things but I cant think of them right now. Its been a while since I had firefox opening my hotmail.